It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Parents....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It's amazing how some peoples minds work...

Driver buckles beer in car -- but not child

An Australian driver who secured a carton of beer in his car with a seat belt but left a 5-year-old child unrestrained was fined 750 Australian dollars ($710; €460), police said Tuesday.

Constable Wayne Burnett said he was "shocked and appalled" when he pulled over the unregistered car on Friday in the central Australian town of Alice Springs.

The 30-can carton was strapped in between the two adults sitting in the back seat of the car. The child was also in back, on the vehicle's floor.

"The child was sitting in the lump in the center, unrestrained," Burnett told reporters Tuesday.

"I haven't ever seen something like this before," he said. "This is the first time that the beer has taken priority over a child."

The driver was fined for driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle, and for failing to ensure a child was wearing a seat belt.

Alice Springs Police Superintendent Sean Parnell expressed shock at the incident in a statement released Tuesday.

"This serves as a timely reminder to all drivers to ensure they wear seat belts and ensure as is their responsibility that all passengers in their vehicle are secured in the appropriate manner," he said.

CNN

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hey - maybe it was a really good brand of beer. You have to have your priorities right. You hit the brakes real hard and that beer would be all fizzin' and stuff..........

On a serious note, what the heck were those scumbags thinkin'? Not bucklin' in a 5 year old child. What the heck. I don't get that at all - not even a little bit.
The title of this thread is a good one - STUPID PARENTS.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

...Grrr, that just hit my bad spot! :shk:

I would'nt mind taking these people on the most dangerous,
cheap carnival ride, without the seatbelts or safety bar!
...and maybe an open thirty pack in the ride with them,
to see how they like it!

Did that make sense...lol?

*Courtney*

[edit on 5/13/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Oh, you've no idea how coldhearted people can be where beer, or lack there of, is concerned...

Here's a tale, a rumination on past events if you will...

Picture yourself doing the following...you are a cashier in a supermarket, and this slug of a woman with here five children in tow comes up to your register slams her purchases on the belt. These are the following: chunk of cheese, 2 24-pks of budwieser, a gallon of milk, and some frozen pizza... What's the drama about that, you may be asking? Bear with me, the drama is about to begin...

This slug proceeds to tell the cashier that it'll all be purchased using the cash side of her state issued food debit card, fondly know as EBT...still no drama, you say? Hold on...

So said cashier rings up her purchases, the total was more than was left on her EBT card.

Thanks for your patience, the drama is about to begin...

So, said slug asks how much is left on the card...so the freindly cashier tells her how much. Turns out there's just enough to buy some of the beer, or the milk and cheese for the kids, with maybe a pizza tossed in. Guess which she chooses? That's right. The beer... saying in the process, and I quote, "I guess the kids don't get their milk, until next week." Said cashier was flummoxed, poleaxed, seriously dumbfounded...as was I standing there listening to this slug. The tone was so matter of fact, so cold...

The cashier and I, you thought the cashier was me didn't you, c'mon admit it, just stared at this evil woman. I mean...you unholy dung soaked cow...

We called CPS on the slug. She was convicted of child abuse, lost all her kids, and Angela and I got a bit of satisfaction...Our's was apparently the straw the broke the camels back in the complaints dept.

Two of the kids got adopted by the foster parents, I see them every once in a while in the store.

Nothing surprises me any more where people and their beer is concerned. I wish I could say it did...but nope.

[edit on 5/13/2008 by seagull]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Beers are to Ozzies what guns are to Americans. DON'T take away...

In favour of the father I would say he was caring for his kid. Imagin them not being strapped and the whole 12-pack went down on the kid.

new topics

top topics

join