It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Sigil Results, this stuff works!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I just wanted to chime in! I stumbled on to this site yesterday and, WOW! Such GREAT info and comments from everyone! I even have enjoyed the arguments from both sides, which I feel has even helped me to a certain degree to have even a better personal perspective then I had before, so thanks to every one for that!

I grew up very religously and have went in a completely new direction of open mindedness! The "Secret" peeked my intrest and gave me hope, then I went head long into the LOA, which continues to amaze me, then strait into Quantum Physics, which is mind blowing, and now into magick! I still pray for direction and guidance and enlightenment, but I guess I think it's kind of interesting how my prayers have some how led me in this very empowering direction of just freelance type of magick.....coincidence???

I just listened to Grant Morrison yesterday, and again, it's seems like I just found his info at the right time! I really enjoyed listening to his logic behind his material, I loved his passion and his drive! Thanks for that link!

Here's to being open minded, and just doing it!!!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Muhuhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....ahem.....
So, I made a sigil last night and it bloody well worked! I created it with the intentions of changing the amount of energy I "recharge" during x hours of sleep. I slept for three hours and some odd minutes last night after being dead exhausted; I WOKE UP THIS MORNING FEELING LIKE MAGIC. I screw around with chi due to kung fu so I am not a stranger to ood happenings, but this is just TOO ridiculously easy. Thank you OP and everyone else who contributed information and results.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueff0

All I have to say to you is read the thread. I've personally replied with my own experiences and insight, as have others. Links are provided throughout the posts, as well as pretty much step by step guides. Watch the Grant Morrison video linked in the OP.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
haha alright, ill guess I'll do that...after college finals...I was hoping someone give me a quick jest of sigil, and what its about, and links to all of the video and documents.

anyways thanks for responding earthscum.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I still find this interesting and still decided to give it a go (What do I have to lose) done two so far, and probably going to do two or three more before I leave this small town. Seeing how it works only in regiments of 3 (either days, weeks, or months) I'm wondering though (and I have read through most of the links, but have fallen asleep after finishing a couple of them so forgive me if this was in one of them) but why exactly is it in the regiment of 3? and not another number? I mean 3 days is good, 3 weeks is okay, but 3 months is like a patience killer

I still won't be swayed until the 3rd month has finally come and gone, I'm just wondering as to why it is in the regiment of 3.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here is a question:

If in NOT wanting to be selfish and make sigils that only help out myself...shuold I ask others to do the sigils on my behalf? And then in return I do sigils on theure behalf? So in this way we are not really being selfish as we are looking to the betterment of another?..................do you get my drift?

(I am laughing at myself for this train of thought but I am wondering about it and thought I would toss it out there for an answer from the more knowledgeable ones)

I saw some things on the news that got my goat and I made a sigil for a group of total strangers, and I hope it helps them in some way.....
I am coming up with ideas for sigils that are not directly involving myself...but I would see the results.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I do love how you have all managed to either misinterpret or just plain ignore the points I've made.

Thats fine. Live in your fantasy worlds. I have explained the psychology behind why you think like you think. You don't get it, you don't want to get it, you want to believe in "magic" that you think you can control and you'll let take the blame for you when your wishful thinking still means your mum dies of cancer, dog gets hit by a car, house is repossessed.

Deny the truth, if you must. I'm done arguing with people who won't accept when they're wrong.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
sigil? ritual? Does anyone care to educate me? How do you choose the right sigil for the right situation? What have everybody been talking about? Links? I would love to try this over the summer....

We are talking about sigil majick, and the links to educate yourself have been posted on the first page, if your interested.

I need to do a sigil on patience.......

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

It's easy to ignore your "points" because you totally try to talk down to your fellow members. Nobody's buying it. You stay rigid and on your path and we'll keep adding positive, constructive content to the thread. You have made your case. Don't be bitter because we don't all jump on YOUR bandwagon.

Cuhail

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

It's easy to ignore your "points" because you totally try to talk down to your fellow members. Nobody's buying it. You stay rigid and on your path and we'll keep adding positive, constructive content to the thread. You have made your case. Don't be bitter because we don't all jump on YOUR bandwagon.

Cuhail

I have no bandwagon, because it's just me, walking along and watching as I go. I'm trying to save you a lot of grief later down the line, after you have 200% convinced yourselves your "magic" works, and then when it's actually crucial that it does, it turns out to be smoke and mirrors like every other quick fix.

You are naught but charlatans, and you are amazing at self denial. That is all.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
I'm done arguing with people who won't accept when they're wrong.

Thank you C.C., that's a very nice gesture.

Can we assume that you are a man of your word?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It seems that we've had some Christopher Hitchens/Richard Dawkins-like dialog going on here to help save us from ourselves going off and wasting time and energy fooling around with sigils! I mean no disrespect Mr. Benjamin, honestly - Let's try to keep it lighthearted here.

I don't believe that the idea of people practicing sigils should be cause for such alarm as to think that people are headed back to the Dark Ages. Yes, there are many gullible people out there and I'm sure you already know that they must learn for themselves regarding the validity of these kinds of things. Mr. Benjamin is concerned with what he believes to be the harm in people trying it, and then claiming the results one way or the other were either real magic (or magick in this case) or improper procedure. I can understand that.

I think it's good that Mr. Benjamin is posting his contrarian precepts to remind people to calibrate their 'bul#ometer' and not get too carried away. Caveat emptor & venditor...

If people can encourage themselves by using what they think might be magick with a sigil, then I think it's just a way of just having a little fun with yourself while attaining a good mental attitude that is ripe for whatever is wished/hoped for. Is it all just wishful thinking? Perhaps. Perhaps not. That's why we come to this site and look into finding out about such things.

People are intrigued by the idea of something like a sigil along with the feelings and subjective influences they may experience. By participating, the resulting effect might steer them to an unanticipated path that is closer to their goals than if they had not participated. Like an athlete concentrating and "getting in the zone" before an event, this sort of focus on one's aspiration can have a powerful effect on the eventual outcome of it. And, it's sounds like more fun than just making a To-Do list or making a PowerPoint presentation, right?

I cannot deny the power of the placebo effect. Who knows what this effect may have on sigils? It can certainly set the stage in a persons mind, whether consciously or unconsciously, to seek the desired outcome in an extraordinary or unexpected way. If a person conditions his or her mind to expect a certain goal to be fulfilled by performing a certain (albeit unorthodox) technique, it can be a beneficial way to reenforce the necessary positive behaviors toward attaining that goal. Again, these behavior patterns may or may not be consciously exhibited by the person engaging such a technique. To me, it looks to be no more harmful than using guided imagery or meditation for people with illnesses. Individuals can decide for themselves as to the the value of practicing this kind of methodology.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
You are naught but charlatans, and you are amazing at self denial. That is all.

Please stay on topic and if you wish to add to the topic at hand by all means do so. However not ever topic is for everybody and Id invite you to peruse and post in a myriad of other topics here at ATS.

As a friendly reminder please review this thread:

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Cheers
FredT

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
reply to post by SUNRAY06

LMAO! I'm not laughing at you directly, but you aren't the only one who has linked this with Satanism...

Crowley was considered by christians to be satanic... most spiritualism is labeled satanic. Paganism is even misinterpreted as being satanism! The truth is that these practices have been around for even longer than monotheism.

Satanism has adapted these practices and simply relabeled them in defiance of christianity. If you want to be well versed, take a clue from the Athiests and Agnostics... read up on other 'religions'. What you will find is that most religions that are in argument with eachother are still based on the same root... humankind. Some religions were actually created as primitive governments. The idea is this: I can't tell you what to do, even by force, because you can kill me just as easily as I can kill you. BUT, if I can point out bad things that have happenned to you and claim they are repreccussions of your actions by a god, then I can control you by saying that I am a messenger, etc. Majick has been banished in religions by this method... "Hey, I am the only one who is allowed to use majick because I am a vessel of (insert god here)". These were known as the Gnostics... and this is part of what Yeshua was rebelling against.

I urge everyone to at least read the Satanic Bible. Even if you don't like it, you will be that much more knowlegable. Read other religious scripts. Diversify yourself... if nothing else, you will at least have a stronger argument for your own beliefs, rather than saying "I won't read it, I don't need to... I know I'm right!"
A good point,I have been following this read since I first came across it,Im now gonna study the links that have been provided.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by synchro

Thank you for that post synchro, your ability to view this issue from both sides of the fence is admirable. So many people shield themselves within their own opinion and buttress their thoughts against any alternate way of thinking which might cause them a need to shift their belief system in any one direction. Having one's mind open enought to at least entertain an idea which may not fit within our current mindset is, in my opinion, one of the truest forms of freedom we posess.

@ C.C.

I experience the closed mindset so often in the world around me. It's limiting and it really does stunt an atmosphere where personal growth and changing perceptions can take place. I suppose gaining an open mind to all possibilities is an "acquired taste" so to speak. Not everyone seems able to assimilate ideas in such an easy fashion.

Forgive my analogy, but I liken these belief systems to shopping for a hat. The open mind will try on many different hats, walk around with them on for a bit and sort of "feel out" the possibilities. Soon you get a sense of how it would be to wear this hat every day. From time to time a new hat is purchased to add to the collection of existing hats.

The closed mind has had that same hat for ages. If the hat is wearing thin, it is replaced with the exact same kind of hat. The closed mind never tries on a different hat just to understand what that one might feel like (even if just for a moment). It is far too uncomfortable to entertain the thought of the many changes which a new hat might entail. For all the closed mind knows, the new hat might require a need for a whole new change of wardrobe. Better to stay fortified within the realm of safety, where change is not a threat.

Within this thread I've found a "hat" which is quite unlike any other hat I have ever seen or worn. I'm not sure it suits my style but I have been walking around in it for awhile in hopes of finding out. It's quite comfortable, it seems to make me more aware of myself, which is good. In the end, I may ultimately keep the hat, or I may put it back on the rack. In either case, should I ever meet a person who is wearing that same hat, I will remember a bit about how that hat felt. I will be able to talk with them about the hat and share ideas. Had I never worn the hat, I might only stand back and think how odd the hat looks on that person, about how ridiculous it is to wear it. I might even be inclined to tell the person that they are ridiculous because of the hat.

I do respect your opinion C.C., but I resent your seeming need to coerce me into only trying on only the kind of hats which you choose to wear.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Wow great :
debate.

Ok I had to say this.

C.C., our behavior has already been categorized here:

and here:

Studied, documented and taught. Lemme explain.
On the first graphic, performance is scale upon stimulation, satisfaction.
On the second graphic, performance or effectiveness, whichever you like, is scaled upon time.
Without the stimulation on the first graphic, the time factor of the second graphic would have no meaning. Stimulation or irritation is the definition of life, it reacts to stimuli.
If the time factor stretches out forward (yes I believe in a fully linear and non cyclical time) and there is no satisfaction, irritation, stimuli that make you react, you could be considered clinically dead.

are you dead C.C ?

Now since you are not, we can dig deeper to categorize ourselves better to put things in more perspective.

If you're a tough monkey then you should ask yourself where does it all come from.
Unless you are satisfied with this 5 minutes analysis which is a really the tip of the iceberg of the basics of the post-modern society which we live in (military, religious, public etc). These basics promote experimentation and self awareness. Once you get there, everything should be a piece of cake.

Now go draw a dang sigil about how much you think they are b.s..
And please, share the story.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by walibi]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Thanks a lot for the help!!! Just what I needed, I'm not sure I believe in this stuff, but I am open minded, and I must try it for myself before making judgements, how can we learn new things if we dismiss them before trying?

Thanks.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Just wanted to say an IMMENSE THANK YOU to everyone on this thread for their open-mindedness, intelligence and help!

C.C.Benjamin, I think all your points have been addressed from pretty much all angles. Nobody is trying to force you to believe anything. Why don't you try a few sigils and see?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by walibi

Well, I don't know about the first and third graphs, but I learned about the forming, storming, norming, performing group process a while back, and I think it is the best thing I have ever gotten out of one of these management/team training programs.

I don't know what this has to do with sigils.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I've been following this excellent thread for a while.

Earlier, someone mentioned using music as your sigil. As a keen musician and composer, I'm really keen to try this method, as well as the more common visual sigil. I'm pretty sure I grasp the technique for a drawn sigil, but how does this translate when you want to work sonically?

At a guess, would you perhaps sit down and meditate over a desire whilst improvising with an instrument until you land upon a solid melody? I play the tin whistle and I imagine this would be an ideal instrument for this. Would you record the melody you create and then destroy the recording, or just play the melody over and over and then stop and try to forget it?

Has anyone had any success with musical sigils?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join