It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Sigil Results, this stuff works!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollow-X

That's the way to be. I always thought about how awesome it would be to be able to buy a bunch of land and just let my friends homestead it, essentially creating our own little private community... we could have our own concerts and entertain people and live together freely, because it's something that I want, as well as something I'm absolutely sure my friends would enjoy as well. Sometimes I wish I had the money to invest into research for new energy sources that don't disrupt the world we live in (disturbances = pollution, magnetic disturbances, generation of excessive heat through inefficiency, creation of unusable byproducts, etc).

It's all up to you and your morals as to how effective your sigils or majick are. Sometimes things will have to go against your morals, but such is life... if you can avoid those things, then good... if not, at least open yourself up to the ideas behind the 'other side of the story'.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Awesome contribution!

One technique that I've found for banishing your space is stripping down naked. If you aren't comfortable with yourself being naked, you can cover yourself up. The way I use this is that I am exposing myself and create a mental vulnerability issue. Dwell on that vulnerability and open yourself (mind) up as much as vulnerability as possible... I like to walk out into the living room, or stroll through the house. Once you are confident that you understand your vulnerability in physical AND mental, then you prepare your space or person by building an effective 'bubble'.

GOOD advice! You can't protect yourself enough, I think, where magic is performed.

So, what I can remember about my use of sigils is that I have never written (consciously) a sigil. I'm one of those that are REALLY attentive to geometrical shapes of nature. I see birth to death not as a circle, but a spiral leading to another unique spiral... triangles in leaves, etc. I've wished for something and basically saw a natural sigil in front of me, be it in the clouds, grass, pavement, or buildings, and noticed that it will manifest itself again when the 'deed is done', so to speak.

Interesting. I think this is kind of what the Celts intended with knotwork. Most of their knots have no end. The continue perpetually.

... just want to make one finalpoint that can't be stated enough... in doing majick of ANY KIND... wish noone harm at all... unless it is your particular wish, but remember that same majick can come back to haunt you and will manifest itself in a karmic way, whether purposely induced by another, or through the reverberations of your outcome. On that note... if I could catch any of the warmonger leaders practicing majick in this manner, I would probably impose deliberate karma (and suffer the consequences, as long as it benifits the earth as a whole in the end)... use the masters own tools to dismantle his house.

Indeed! I was thinking this very same thing when I responded to an earlier post on "bad things happening". I, personally, keep Karma very much in the forefront of my actions, so, I agree whole-heartedly with this statement.

Magic is weird like that. It DOES come back to the caster, whether "good" or "evil" in intent.

Starred, Earthscum.

Cuhail

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What if you're comfortable with nudity? I can't recall anything thats made me feel vulnerable lately except for the beating Sifu gave a week ago.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Torsten

lol... I'm fairly comfortable with my nudity, however I focus on my vulnerabilities to attack or injury while not clothed... like scraped knee, or if someone broke into my house, I have absolutely no effective 'armor' on. After I make myself uncomfortable with those thoughts, I am 'in the zone', and can continue to stripping my mental focus 'naked'... i.e. cleansing my thoughts, and then the bubble seems to naturally build around me as a defense as I continue to clear out my mind. This all only takes about 10 minutes or so to accomplish. Light music helps me, as well... sometimes Pink Floyd is absolutely perfect and helps create the mood for focus on my sigil or majick. Incubus is another that I have found myself clearing mind and soul to, even when I'm working!

-----

Thanks, Cuhail! I kinda remember reading something along the same lines about the knots. Personally, I think alot of the celtic sigils are absolutely beautiful... they apparently hold alot of meaning in them, or such care would not have been taken to create them.

Another thing I thought of for creating sigils is that you can convert your stripped wish into Hebrew. Hebrew doesn't contain vowels, and from what I remember of Crowley, alot of his materials came from Kabbalah. I don't think I would reccomend this to the first-timer, but for others who are advanced in their use of majick, the combined numerology associated with the Hebrew alphabet can help your cause. As I stated before, though... you must have an understanding of the numerology before you use it... it's no different than knowing how to drive a car before you get behind the wheel.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
I'm a bit confused about the "forgetting" part. I spent some time creating a sigil which represents something that is very important to me, I put a lot of effort into it and I really dont see how to simply "forget" what it represents. Much easier said than done....

Any suggestions?

Create a few of these, fold them and keep them in your wallet. In 2-3 days you'll forget what each one stands for. In 1 month you'll forget they're even there, until, of course, you see that tennis ball in your yard.

My question:

By removing duplicate letters, does one mean to remove ALL DUPLICATES in the SENTENCE or only in the WORDS? Like, for example: I NEED A DOG - becomes NDDG or NDG?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is a really great thread, and my first time posting. Im very aware of this stuff, I used to practice chaos majik back in the day. I used to breath prana ( force of energy that goes on forever and is infinite) into a certain chakra that was defined for the certain will of the sigil. I would imagine the sigil while breathing prana. Oh and I used to make my sigils by writing out a statement of will, crossing out the double letters and then making a artistic sigil out of the remaining letters. It was always good to do the spell on either a waxing or waning moon depending upon the sigils original purpose, either taking or giving. At the end of the meditation session it is required to forget about the purpose of the sigil and lock it into the subconscience. I was also pretty stoked about entering the 22 tunnels of set, (reverse side of the tarot), very strange stuff. Check out Linda Falorio about the tunnels of set. ATTENTION, be sure to do a tarot reading for what ever sigil you are going to charge, just to make sure it isn't black magic. Sooo, yeah don't ever do black majik, it will come back to you three times as bad. Tootles Noodles

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaG

it would be:
I wish I had a dog

to:
WSHHDDG

to:
WSHDG

-----

To translate this to hebrew (it's been a long time, so I'm using the net and this may not be entirely accurate) would be:

ושהדג

Vav Shin/Sin He Dalet Gimel, where the 'SH' is a single consanant.
Numbers: 6, 300, 5, 4, 3

If I remember correctly, I translated right (someone double check?)

Not trying to confuse anyone... just illustrating how one can convert this into something they can use... Kaballah is all about the relationship between language and everything that is around us, in simple terms. Geomatria deals specifically with the numbers side of that same thing.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Genius! I made a sigil (which oddly enough due to my strange writing style turned out looking like a Chinese character) and charged it! I will post of my result tomorrow as it dealt with my body and sleep so it should be fairly simple to "occur".

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
why doesn't someone make a sigil to contact peaceful beings from another planet? I think I might just do that...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Indeed, folks, it does work.

Which is why I'd really like to caution anyone that participates in this sort of thing. Your mind is a very powerful device, and when it is manipulated or pushed in certain ways, very strange things can happen.

One particular tradition of sigil magick is found in a book called the Ars Goetia, otherwise known as the Lesser Key of Solomon. The book, along with many other sorts of grimoires and magickal traditions, details methods for summoning and controlling demonic powers.

I know what you're thinking. Demons aren't real, they're just figments of your imagination, or medievalisms employed as scare tactics by the catholic church. If you believe in them they're all in your head. Well, perhaps that last part is true, but here's the thing: as Grant Morrison says, it works.

A couple of years ago I was getting into sigil magick and other forms of ritual practice. In my investigations, I came into contact with a spirit of some kind, one whose name I learned through research and summoned through the same sorts of sigils just as Grant Morrision suggests, preferring to use my own creations over the diagrams of the Ars Goetia. And, well, it worked. It worked quite well. It worked to the point that the spirit was visible and even audible to me. I don't mean to say that a large creature from the video game Doom appeared before me - I mean that I saw it's face if I looked for it, in random patterns like wood grain or spilled liquids or in the branches of trees.

That was pretty interesting, and I actually found the experience really interesting. I continued to do it. After a while, I would sense the spirit being around me without me calling it. I'd see its face everywhere. It began to frighten me, and I started to think that I had messed with something that was much scarier than I originally thought.

I later learned that I was not properly undertaking banishing rituals, or not doing them at all, and not using protective sigils for myself when I should have been. I want to warn you that this stuff can get very frightening if you aren't careful. I am now able to banish the spirit, though i've discontinued any summoning rituals in my practice, at least for now, as I'm not sure if they are truly something I want in my life. Just keep in mind that this stuff does work, and well, be careful what you wish for.

I don't mean to say this stuff is bad - in fact, I feel very edified by my experience, and I feel much more in tune with the energies that surround me. A great example of really amazing sigils are the Tibetan Buddhist Mandalas, which are used to contact deities and focus the mind on enlightenment.

Remember too: a sigil can be anything that you create, or even anything you put effort into. Try writing a story as a sigil. Morrison used comic books. It's common to use music, as long as you have a strong power of expression in that medium. I'm quite sure painting can be used, and I know that people have had success with stuff like photoshop and the like.

Finally, don't dive too far into the deep end right away. Be careful - hacking your brain can cause a lot of serious problems if you don't have a lot of experience doing it. start small. Also - be very very careful doing this stuff with drugs if you use them. In one sense, it can make it more effective to be in an altered state where your mind is easily influenced. But it can also get too deep in your subconscious, or really mess with things too much.

All in all, be careful, but have fun, and use this stuff for good.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Five pages of complete and utter unsubstatiated waffle.

"Sigil Magic"? Do you mean "coincidence"? All these "testamonies" seem to indicate to me that the people giving them are easily influenced and prone to connecting coincidence to action.

If you want something to happen, it is only you that can make it happen. If you believe it will, you'll find a way for it to become reality (within reason, but I don't see anyone here using their "magical skills" to summon up five thousand pounds of gold - why not?). You might not know how it happened (ergo, it looks like magic), but you will have done something prior to change the cause of events - in this case, in your favour.

I don't care what kind of subliminal imprinting takes place in "Sigil Magic", but that is clearly all it is. I love the ambiguous "demons that may or may not exist" shtick, too. Of course they don't exist. Don't be so silly.

People here have only recieved what could practically be expected to recieve. No-one has won millions, no-one has saved a loved one from dying, no-one has been spouting power from their eyes like Cyclops.

Just to reiterate, because I know people who believe in this sort of rubbish are prone to hanging on to their beliefs, even in the face of all contradictory evidence, but:

NOTHING IS HAPPENING THAT IS NOT INSIDE YOUR OWN HEADS. YOUR EXPERIENCE IS DOWN TO YOUR OWN PERCEPTIONS ONLY, NO MAGIC HAS OR WILL EVER TAKE PLACE.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
reply to post by MastaG

it would be:
I wish I had a dog

to:
WSHHDDG

to:
WSHDG

Actually, I think it becomes..

WSG

You remove the vowels first and then with what's left, you remove ALL repeating letters. At least, this is how I have done it and this is how Morrison also explains it.

Of course, I could be wrong, in which case, both methods may work but I've never left the repeating letters in.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

Thanks for clearing that up CC.

Gosh, for a moment there I was entitled to form my own opinion but I suppose that won't be necessary now.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I have no personal experience with this other than observations. I have a good friend that was using sigils in sex magick (increase in power frome bioenergetics at root chakra), and was attacked by an incubus. He enjoyed the experience, however, every project he was working on stopped (very bright and productive man, working of documentaries and books). I am not making a case for the existence of these beings, (though I have some observational/photographic evidence of very unusual phenomena, and there is a predator for nearly everything, including emotional energy). Please be careful with this, it is not something to run into blindly, learn as much as you can from someone who does have experience--and then if you wish, have at it.

Originally posted by Kupios
Hey everyone! I am normally more of an observer on ATS but I would really like some feed-back on people's experiences with Sigil Magick. Hope this isn't the wrong place to post this.

There is another thread discussing whether or not it works but in my experience there is no doubt about it: IT DOES!

Hopefully people will be able to post their results and then perhaps discuss what everyone has found to be the most effective techniques.

This is my story: two months ago I saw a Grant Morrison Disinfo.com lecture that mentioned sigils and how to do them. With a few friends we all tried and got surprising results. My girlfriend jokingly asked for a small wooden owl and a porcelain badger, just to make things difficult and they appeared within a week! Since then I myself have had a 50% win rate on scratchcards, no biggies though, and have been very generously and unexpectedly been given more than 1000 GBP. Collectively as a small group we have cured a small skin condition, solicited impossible emails from old friends. The list goes on and on. If anyone wants more specifics just ask.

As anyone doing this kind of thing will know, its hard to relate how amazingly strange this stuff is. We have been doing collective attempts to influence a lottery win and although we have not won any big prizes (just our money back), statistically our numbers are always SO tantilizingly close its painful!

All accounts, no matter how insignificant are welcome!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Sounds like a great idea, I'll give it a try.

I can't say for sure that whether or not I believe magic of any kind is real, and that includes prayer, but it often seems like this power in fact exists just beyond our ability to conclusively prove.

If it is real, then there definitely is a dark side as well. Karma seems to be out there watching, so you have to be very careful of what you wish for. What I like about this concept is that you really have to think the whole thing out. It seems to be that if you get good at manifesting dreams and desires into the real world, you have to be even more weary, because when you get in a dark mood, especially those times when you are unhappy with yourself, you can really screw your own life around. It is bad enough when we physically sabotage our own lives, but wishing bad things could happen to oneself can be far worse.

I am surprised no one brought up gang signs and tags. It seems to be another form of sigil.

How about the word SEX, talk about a combination of letters with powerful symbolism.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kupios

Excellent thread Kupios, i found out about sigils a couple of days ago and tried to find out all i could about sigils and as if by magic!, i find your post....flagged and starred.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

Of course it's in your own head. Magic is basically reality hacking - hacking your own reality, not objective reality.

The subliminal/subconscious imprinting is precisely why it works. You can be well aware of this fact and it will still work if you concentrate hard enough. It is possible to believe in something so strongly that you force it into reality (for yourself - but then again, you are certainly influencing the way others interact with reality as well, so it can have a kind of viral effect).

In a sense, it's all an illusion - so? If it works well enough to create a strong sense of an illusion, and if you can will yourself to believe in that illusion through concentration and sheer force of will, then, well, it works.

The reason you can't will a pot of gold to form in front of you or will someone to be resurrected (though Jesus seemed to be good enough at magic to do this) is probably because there are limits to the kind of power you can achieve with this. no one ever said it was infinite. But it is a quite useful way of actuating your desires, at getting at what you really want - and bending your will towards it. That is why the subconscious imprinting is useful, and how it works.

As a sidenote, demons are real in a symbolic sense. They are a framework through which the magical act can be seen and accomplished. In a sense, they are illusions. Consider the Mandalas of Tibetan Buddhism. You are familiar (as I see from your sig) with the Vajra, correct? I saw a Tibetan sand mandala this past year, and the focusing idea of this mandala was the Vajra, the indestructible, the diamond, the thunderbolt. However, to focus on the Vajra, in this ceremony, the monks invoked the Amida Buddha, a deity in Tantric Buddhism associated with a certain kind of wisdom (I'm not a buddhist so I'm not really familiar with all the particulars here). They certainly believed that some sort of spirit or essence of the Amida Buddha entered into them, or the room, or the mandala itself, as they went through the invoking ceremony. The overall idea was to bring about indestructibility and to focus the monks' minds on it - to do so involved a complex ritual and belief in a deity, but, well, it seemed to work for them.

It's not a shtick - I mean, of course demons don't exist in the sense of something you can touch or something external to the mind. But they do exist in our heads as a kind of potentiality or archetype that can be accessed in certain ways.

Magic has been around for millenia, and despite scientific thinking, which is very useful and important, it will remain for as long as the human race exists, even if it must survive as an occult phenomenon. The earliest religions evolved from magic, and the majority of the rituals you see in religion today have magical significance. Think of rosaries or invoking a Catholic saint, or the symbol of the cross or the lighting of ceremonial candles. all of these have a sort of ritualistic significance that is useful and real, at least for the participants.

We're not talking about shooting thunderbolts out of our hands. This is not Dungeons and Dragons. But in the sense that I am talking about, magic is quite real, and quite useful, even if there are no forces involved other than the strengthening of one's own desires or will or connection with the universe.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
karlhungis,"It sure would suck if the catholics were right"

err on the side of caution, eh

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well after watch Grant for the second time.. Hey anyone remember or see the movie called "Dark City" this is a pre matrix movie. Grant reminds me of the creatures in the movie even has the shaved head and propped trench coat lol! But seriously the whole sigil thing is reminiscent of the movie. If you haven't seen it check it out.

Actually if you look at any movie or video games with people that have the power to summon or manifest things they are often accompanied by sigils which can be in many forms from rune letters or pictures etc… Really this thing is nothing new if you think about it.

So Grant I think should be indorsed by Nike shoes. Because I have been running around the pass two days now saying "Just Do it" in his accent. He cracks me up!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Merle8, Ilike your attitude! What techniques were you using? Please share!

Illahee, You obviously know a lot more than I do! I thought that numbers didn't work so well in sigils, could be wrong! I would have to agree with Earthscum on this one (post lower down). I'm afraid I don't know what LOA is. I'm still quite new to all this but please do share your thoughts, techniques and experiences! This thread was intended to share techniques and results.

Cyprex, Haven't seen the films, will look them up! Most of what G Morrison says is well known and written by some amazing thinkers!

Yarcofin, The way your sigil worked is typical. Things have a way of happening by taking the "path of least resistance" so keep the possibilities open when formulating a sigil desire/wish. What exactly was this "being" you created? Care to say anymore? Am most interested!

DocGonzo, couldn't agree more with you! I'll check out the comic too.

Vanitas, I always really really enjoy your posts! Not off topic at all, most interesting!

TheBandit795, Good idea! I'll try that myself. This sort of advice is exactly what this thread was intended for.

Cuhail, once again thank you for your excellent input!

TheRiverGoddess, "charging" sigils isn't actually necessary. Many of the results from my group have been through non-charged sigils. The two links on page 2 explain it very well if you are interested.
Only share your experiences after the sigil has worked. Keeping it secret just helps prevent conscious intervention and complication and also helps you forget it.

FewWorldOrder, Try it! Make sure there is no possible negative interpretation to you formulation of your desire first and then try. Do a few even with different formulations.

HollowX, Do it! Try it out and if you are really really keen to help your friend then do a few. It's harder to see which one worked but you have a better chance of helping.

Earthscum, thank you for your excellent input! The journal is a very good idea. Most of my friends have a sigil journal. It's spooky to look back at it and see just how efficient this stuff is. Could you expand on the use of hebrew? Maybe explain exactly what techniques you are using.

AnonymousATS, thank you too for your great input!

Refinement, Personally I'll stay well away from spirits and demons for the moment. Excellent that you share your experiences and techniques! That was exactly what this thread was intended for. Your approach to sigils is most recommendable and intelligently cautious.

C.C.Benjamin, I can only refer you to Refinements excellent post in answer to yours.

Prote, Both techniques probably work. There is another where you leave in the vowels and then remove any repeating letters. Personally I use the WSHDG one.

Carole9999, I understand your worries and I think Cuhail's driving analogy is most apt. The caution shown by many excellent posts here is a good way to start. You could U2U some of the more experienced members here for a possible way to help your friend. Hope it all works out for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join