It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Sigil Results, this stuff works!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I did not even realise it was a SIGIL. I found it upon a Magick website a long time ago and liked it.

Now im puzzled as i thought a Sigil had to be written however the Sigil Garden symbols have completely thrown me. How are they to be used and how do you know which symbol means what?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, I only clicked on a couple, but, they seemed to have a short explaination to their use when clicked. I don't think they all do, though.

So, that's funny. You saw the sigil in a magic book and liked it. Almost odd how you are now in a fairly good conversation on that very subject now.

So far, what I've read says there are a few ways to generate a sigil. In my personal experiences with sigils, I invented the meanings behind them. I refered to them as runes though. Rune magic is more of a scrying device, as I understand it, with no effect generated but divining the fates and futures.

Cuhail

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

Don't use someone else's sigils! You don't know what they mean for the artist or for you! Be careful!

It is a very nice sigil you have there though! A bit more complicated than the average I think!

Grant Morrison's talk does give you a brief account of how to do sigils, I posted the link earlier.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Well, I only clicked on a couple, but, they seemed to have a short explaination to their use when clicked. I don't think they all do, though.

So, that's funny. You saw the sigil in a magic book and liked it. Almost odd how you are now in a fairly good conversation on that very subject now.

It is. It was a while ago and to be quite honest it appealed to me greatly so i copied it. Maybe it means nothing but im feeling there was a reason it appealed to me after reading this thread

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kupios
reply to post by thesaint

Don't use someone else's sigils! You don't know what they mean for the artist or for you! Be careful!

Very GOOD advice! I agree with Kupios about generating your own. I think it was explained that you take the subject (in this case: Tennis Ball) and remove the vowels and repeated letters, leaving : tnsbl. Then, MAKE a sigil using the letters left over, generating something like this:

Or so I understand.

Cuhail

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Very nice sigil! That is exactly how it goes!
You can also simplify them and make them more "magical" to appeal further to the unconscious.
It is also a good idea to build your desire into a wish:
IT IS MY DESIRE TO SEE A TENNIS BALL (TSMYDRNBL)
I WILL SEE A TENNIS BALL (WLSTNBL)
etc...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm going to try something tomorrow. I'm good at drawing 'witch symbols'. Does the language used have any effect? I mean can it be in any other language?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaG

Use whatever language you want, after all, this is communicating in symbols anyway.

Do watch the vid I posted a link to and try what is mentioned. If you like that then you can read more on the site I gave a link for!

Try something you can easily verify, nothing too wild or improbable. Good luck! Do tell us how it goes!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaG

I do not believe it's restricted to only the English language. I'm sure as long as you understand the language, it'd follow suit.

Cuhail

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi my wife practices reiki and uses power symbols etc when doing this is this the same principal or similar focus of energies?

Interesting topic - thanks!

Berth

Another Scot

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I once had a great result with a sigil called the helm of all. I was wearing it when a guy I worked with tried to attack me. It seemed as if time slowed down I was able to step away from him as he was throwing a punch he missed me and fell on floor. It was a protection sigil used by the Norse in battle.

My theory on sigils is that they attract specific energies that can be directed by the person wearing or using it. There are some great books like the Three books of occult philosophy, Grimoury of Abremelin the mage, and greater key of Solomon. They have tons of planetary sigils.

Oh yea someone asked if magic is safe, I would have to say not really, but neither is driving. Most of the time there much easier and more practical solutions we have available to us that where not around a few hundred years ago when this stuff was being used. I think most people who use magic do it for fun, or out of curiosity.

Peace
Trustnody

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have a curiosity on this topic. I would greatly appreciate it, if someone would post a link or two on some articles they have found to be intelligently written on this subject matter. Pretty, pretty, please?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
this sigil stuff sounds interesting, but i'm too scared to try it

are there any "bad" stories regarding sigil ?

my first post.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HatFoilTin

Welcome to ATS!

I suppose, as it is, if the intent behind your individual magik is inheirently "evil" or "bad" in nature, or if you intend harm with your magik, I could see it biting you in the ass. But, that is based on personal opinion, not anything I read about it.

Cuhail

PS, Lots of links on page two.

C

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Thanks Cuhail....I must be blind to have missed those today.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I second this notion.

I was going to say that intent is everything regarding the paranormal but that's not quite true... good intent is advisable in any capacity.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"It is spoken of the Sephiroth, and the Paths, of Spirits and Conjurations; of Gods, Spheres, Planes, and many other things which may or may not exist. It is immaterial whether they exist or not. By doing certain things certain results follow; students are most earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them."
-A.C.

People, pick up a copy of Disinformation's "Book of Lies" and go from there.
This isn't a complicated process, so don't work on it too hard.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
badBERTHA, I'm afraid I don't know much about power symbols or reiki in general. The yechniques used in sigil magick are not exclusive in any way to sigil marick. Many of it can be found in most ancient religious practices for example. I just happen to like the sigil format, its easy to use and doesn't require sacrifices, spirits etc. What sort of thing do the power symbols do?
Anyway, welcome to the thread!

trustnobody, your sigil sound immensely interesting! Very very glad it worked for you. The idea in this thread though is that it is safer, possibly better too, to make your own sigils. Obviously though if you feel you know what you're doing then go ahead. Best to make that clear for other people reading. I like your sigil theory too, is it yours? What do books you mention give as the reason for sigils working?
As to whether magick is safe or not, your driving analogy is quite apt indeed! I personally won't be summoning any spirits or demons, opening any gateways or talking to any aliens. In those matters terrible stories abound. I feel much more at home testing the water with smaller things.

Torsten, there are links on page 2 as Cuhail says although they are only the ones to the two things that got me started on sigils.

HatFoilTin, Welcome and congratulations on your first post! The sigil magick in itself is relatively harmless. Don't wish anyone harm and don't ask for anything that will deprive someone else. Following this I have had most positive results. Try something really small or do some research first. Do try it though!

Prote, I couldn't agree more! Caution is always the wiser path when dealing with the unkown!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I've tried sigil magic twice. Once inadvertently and once on purpose. The first time I did it it got me a job! Not a good job mind you, but one which I knew I was qualified for (fits into the "believing in it being possible" idea). The medium I used was these tall skinny weeds that grow all around here. And my sigil believe it or not was merely words. I got the job very shortly after.

I don't believe all this "you'll get a negative result" type stuff. Abraham Lincoln said (I'm paraphrasing) "success is a challenge." Getting what you want, whether through sigils or hard work still can provide you with new obstacles in life. Just like not getting what you want provides you with obstacles. Just because the origin of these results are from "magic" doesn't make them inherently wrong. That's just classic fear of the unknown

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I noticed skyfloating being pretty polite on this one. My two questions. One, how do you work with numerals? Two, why even bother if you work the LOA? No need to pack anything around or do any special work. Its very hidden and requires nothing outside the work.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join