It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Sigil Results, this stuff works!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just bumping this thread up for a friend to find....there is soooo much to read here, I'm way behind. Wonderful to see it all working so beautifully.

Cait

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well, unfortunately, I'm going to have to retract my claims of success. My healing sigil did NOT work! When I posted previously, my friend had been given the all-clear on his cancer. I was extremely happy for him and excited at the thought that my sigil might have worked. About 3 weeks later, after some tests, Doctors discovered that his cancer was still present and had spread to his abdomen.

I'm not sure yet how this affects my faith in sigil magic. Healing cancer was a big ask and I'm not sure it's something a beginner should expect to be successful in.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
hey guys...
im fairly new on this board and im very intrested in this topic
can anyone provide me with any information on the dangers of this and u2u or reply information on how to get started.
thanks

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I stumbled across your site today looking for information about sigil creation. I am amazed at the number of pages regarding this topic!

From reading about 7 or 8 pages of posts, I can tell that this is a topic "revered" as magick. I don't argue that. My personal interest is in communicating with my subconscious mind, which I believe - at least for myself - is my Source of power. Guess it's just another way of saying magick, for I think that all personal power comes from this source. Since our subconscious picks up symbols easily, the idea of custom creating a personalized "message" to it appeals to me. It also like colors.

One of the things that is difficult for me however, is forgetting the graphic of the sigil. I am a graphic artist, and those types of images just seem to stick around in my head. Even if I were to try to consciously forget it, if I saw the same statement, I know, without thinking I could recall the exact image. How does that effect the situation?

That being said, I can think of some fabulous ways to merge letters into graphic designs that I would love to create, however this seems to be very inappropriate, though on one site I visited they seem to think it OK to keep them visually accessible, that just as we often seem to forget or ignore - after a while - things hung on the wall, it is left to keep impressing the subconscious.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by juedz

It is certainly not necessary to literally "forget" the image. All you have to do is just no longer give any deliberate attention to it. It is more of an ignore or leave alone, than forget totally.
Lots of attention and even emotion is required while you are making the sigil to make it work. If the making process is too easy or simple for you then you will have to "charge" it and engage your emotions and attention ever harder at that time.
Once its all done; then you can just relax and let the powers that be take over and make things happen. The effort and emotion you put into the making process is sufficient for them/it to get your intent and later no more is required of you; except of course, to follow along the lead as opportunities related to your wish open up.
good luck!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

You say all that but have no evidence for any of it. How on earth do you expect to be able to use this without understanding what it is?

This is an absolute joke. You folks are fawning over yourselves trying to use this stuff without even knowing what it is you're doing. You hold up "successes" as proof, yet completely ignore "failures". Surely you can all see that isn't logical. We expect kids to do that, not adults. If you really believe this stuff (which you shouldn't what with the complete lack of ANY evidence), at least have the integrity to hold your hands up when it doesn't work. You guys are not even conducting experiments - there are no controls, no controlled environments, nothing. It's pseudoscience coupled with mystical wishful thinking. It's an abomination of intelligence.

Come on, guys - get a grip! This is making the whole board look bad. This is "paranormal studies" not "paranormal make stuff up". Jeeeeez.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
I'm a firm believer in Karma and that what goes around comes around. As long as magick isn't used for personal gain then I'm comfortable with it.

Sigul Magick is used a lot around us in advertising and company logos. That's why i'd like to understand it. And hey, if I can also attempt to use it to try to inspire positive thoughts in others then that's a bonus

When I came back to this topic to ask another question, on my "travels" to get to my last post, this one jumped out at me as it sort of relates to my question.

For example, let's say my desire is for World Peace. Would creating a sigil that is meant for the good of all be one that should be shared with the "collective consciousness" of the universe? Would that have any effect if exposed to a lot of people. I also wonder if making it and flying it like a Tibetan prayer flag would charge it and increase its power.

That being said, could scaling it down for the good of a friend also be beneficial if created - with good intent - and given as a gift? The receiver may not necessarily want to just burn it. Would it lose it's effectiveness (power)?

Thanks,
Juedz

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Hi Dave,

After posting my lastest post, I read yours. While I usually don't respond to people who passionately want to force their superiority of personal views onto others I couldn't let this one go.

You state: "How on earth do you expect to be able to use this without understanding what it is?"

Isn't that what these forums are for? How on earth do you expect people to explore a subject and share their combined thoughts and experiences to find the answer you are seeking if those with an interest and knowledge don't have an avenue to do so?

You state: "This is an absolute joke."

Ok, I'm fine with you laughing at me. If it's so funny, why are you hanging around trying to shut the door on others who are seeking information and perhaps answers to the very questions you have?

You state: "Come on, guys - get a grip! This is making the whole board look bad. This is "paranormal studies" not "paranormal make stuff up". Jeeeeez."

Might I remind you, there are a great number of people who think "paranormal studies" - scientific or otherwise - is an absolute joke. Should that topic be erased because they view it as nonsense? Considering the popularity of this topic, it seems a lot of people are interested in it. If you're not, then you are always free to find a different forum you do passionately believe in.

Juedz

[edit on 14-8-2008 by juedz]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

hey dave420, glad you are still lurking around
I would like to suggest you look up Esther Hicks, (or Abraham-Hicks) on You Tube. Also Louise Hay. These people do a pretty good job of demonstrating the power of positive thinking along with ideas like the power of attraction.
I personally believe that Sigils are just one more way of putting these principles into action. It is quite amazing what is possible thru thinking positively about something, or about everything really.
I invite you to study those videos and then test them out for yourself. You will be quite surprised I think.
All the best to you.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

With all due respect, YouTube is not the place for research. It's fun and easy, but it's not research.

For this thread to uncover any secrets of Sigil, or to understand it, actual proper experiments need to be performed. Control groups need to be set up. Actual aims need to be outlined, a methodology needs to be penned. Strict scientific rigor needs to be observed at every step. Otherwise we won't learn a damned thing, and this stupid cycle of "ooh I drew a squiggle then won $10 on the lottery - it must work!".

Come on, people - DENY IGNORANCE. Some folks here seem to wallow in ignorance if they think they can get what they want That is paying lip service to objectivity, and is morally and ethically bankrupt.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

hey Dave!
If this is all a lie, do you agree that it's a lesser lie then say scientology?
Thanks in advance for your opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

hey dave420, I hear you about scientific method - I have no qualms with doing formal study to try and learn something, with the caveat that science is not foolproof no matter how reliable results seem to be at first. It is also not the only method to obtain knowledge that is useful.
Nevertheless, I think part of the Sigil phenomenon has indeed already been studied, namely the "placebo effect". I don't think there is any doubt out there that there is such a thing as a placebo effect, and specifically that a person's beliefs affects results. The "thing" or "process" that makes the placebo effect a reality is the same thing, in my opinion, that makes sigils work, and that makes every religion and spiritual practice in the world effective for those who believe in it. There is a "power" to beliefs.
When you try and come up with an explanation for why belief has such power, then the discussion opens up to a whole arena of possibilities, many of which might be considered religious, spiritual, or philosophical. I don't know how you could set up a scientific study to determine cause just yet. I have my own leanings but does it really matter that much in the end to our daily lives? If it works, use it.
If learning the reason helps man to come to some more unified understanding of how things work, and we stop killing each other over differences of religious rituals and routine, then by all means I am for it. But I don't think its crucial.
Just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Alright, just a little update. I did 3 sigils back in May (I believe) when I read this thread. One was small and two others were bigger. My results were that the small one manifested within a couple days. One of the bigger ones manifested, but not as well as I would have liked. I give this one 50% success. The last one didn't manifest at all.

Anyone else want to share their results?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have to update on my Sigil. I had decided to make this after all other means I had tried failed. (I wanted to relocate to a different city and did not have money, new job, or means to really do so.) So I figured instead of waiting and worrying about this I would try the Sigil. (my second) This was in early June. By August 2nd; I had packed, found a job, and I am proud to say: am now living in the place I wanted to.

I couldn't be happier!

Do I think this could have happened without the Sigil... very doubtful.(I had tried for months to do just that with no avail.) So I would like to believe these really do have an effect.

Am I going to sway anyone else that this 100% the result of the Sigil... No. But I wanted to share my story. Hope it inspires someone else to take a chance, what do you have to lose?

*edit to correct spelling boo-boo's*

[edit on 8/26/08 by Cheyracingchick]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Is anyone still trying this and what results have you had? It would seem that it's very interesting.

I'm thinking of trying this, but would like more stories if there's anyone still trying this experiment with their sigils?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm going to be trying this tonight, but i have one question about charging them up. Well i've read that you should do a few at the same time so is it possible to charge them up all at once or do you have to do one at a time? if so i am going to have a heck of a night.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah I tried it. It does seem to work quite well.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here is Grant's instructions and technique for beginners charging the sigils.
Pop Magic! by Grant Morrison

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by librasleep

No. Evidence. For. Any. Of. This. Nonsense.

It seems everyone here who thinks it does is only doing so through a mix of wanting it to be real, and by irrational interpretation of real-world events.

No-one has demonstrated this stuff to be real, and considering the vast financial wealth and benefit to the whole world that would unleash, has failed to do so.

Surely that should strike everyone as suspicious. This is just one more way for people to feel like they are "special" and "belong" to a group of other "special" people. It's ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You're special d.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join