It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Sigil Results, this stuff works!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Brilliant! Thanks for all the advice! I'll keep you all updated on my results!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I was just looking up an author named Lynne McTaggart who wrote a book called The Field many years ago, (a book which actually started down this path of alternative knowledge), to see what she was up to these days and I found something which many of you may find interesting.

The Largest Mind Over Matter Experiment In History
Sub-link: The thoughts heard ‘round the world

The Intention Experiment is a series of scientifically controlled, web-based experiments testing the power of intention to change the physical world.

Thousands of volunteers from 30 countries around the world have participated in Intention Experiments thus far.

Lynne McTaggart, architect of the experiments, is working with leading physicists and psychologists from the University of Arizona, Princeton University, the International Institute of Biophysics, Cambridge University and the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
These experiments are being run at McTaggart’s seminars and conferences and on the web, and have produced extraordinary results.

I was very impressed by her writing, she is a very good investigator to say the least. Looks like it is free to participate, though she does require having a copy of the book: The Intention Experiment.

Just thought I would add this here as it seems to be a subject in which many in this thread may be interested.

Peace.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kupios
Would you agree?

Yes! I particularly like your mention of the Nazca lines and crop cirlces - two things which we are still uncertain as to the meaning or purpose of.

At about the time that the Templar Knights were seeking the magickal Ark of the Covenant, complex, intricate Gothic architecture sprang up in Europe - seemingly overnight. I believe that the Templar acquired the Ark, at least for a time. The Ark, in my belief, descends from Ancient Egypt and has properties relating to form and structure. The Templars understood that geometry and an understanding of form were instrinsically linked to magick and ritual, which is why these things are so often found linked together. The Freemasons inherited much of this concept from the Templar Knights.

I believe this is the basis of Sigil magick - the relationship between form and the formless.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

I have often felt that sigils are perhaps powerful ways of focusing intent.

If you are interested in that kind of thing have a look at these:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Much research has been done in the field (which should please dave420) and although a lot of highly conclusive evidence has been found there does seem to be a marked lack of mainstream media interest.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

At about the time that the Templar Knights were seeking the magickal Ark of the Covenant, complex, intricate Gothic architecture sprang up in Europe - seemingly overnight. The Freemasons inherited much of this concept from the Templar Knights.

I had never made the Gothic link before! Wonderful idea! Have you read the Templar Revelation by Picknett/Prince? From their in-depth account of templar/cathar/gnostic/alchemical history I had come to the conclusion that the "treasure" the templars brought back from the east was indeed the relatedness of thought and matter. I'm still in two minds as to exactly what the Ark is/was. I have no doubt that the later alchemy tradition
with its "wild" claims of gold made from lead etc is but an application of the same. The Cathars seem to have had similar knowledge too.
In the book there are two accounts of templar carriages travelling rather hurriedly leaving behind, seemingly without any preoccupation, both an 8kg and a 25kg "nugget" (perhaps lump) of gold!

I believe that the Templar acquired the Ark, at least for a time. The Ark, in my belief, descends from Ancient Egypt and has properties relating to form and structure. The Templars understood that geometry and an understanding of form were instrinsically linked to magick and ritual, which is why these things are so often found linked together.

The Egyptians were also thinking along the same lines, couldn't agree more. This is evident in another book by the same authors "The Stargate Conspiracy" (unfortunate title if you ask me). I believe that the knowledge of thought/matter or form/formless relationships originated before the Egyptians but was passed on from them, via their Mystery Schools to the Ancient Greeks and to the Arab world from where it only made its way back to Europe via the templars (I do think the druids knew about it too but were somewhat quiet given the whole religious climate). The knowledge then can seemingly be found to survive via various secret societies and alchemical routes. Even Jungian psychology is based on alchemical symbolic analysis and asserts a vision of reality much the same as what sigils would suggest.

I believe this is the basis of Sigil magick - the relationship between form and the formless.

Indeed! Seems we have been robbed of or denied a very powerful tool for reality influence but that the same knowledge has actually survived! Notably, as you say, in circles such as the freemasons.

Sorry if that was a bit long but we do seem to be thinking along the same lines and wanted to know what you think.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kupios

Absolutely concur with everything you said and have come to the same conclusions myself. I haven't read The Templar Revelation, but The Sign and the Seal by Graham Hancock helped me identify a lot of hidden links. As for what the Ark is - I'm not sure either. I'm tempted to say that it's either a set of divine plans or some kind of artfect which demonstrates sacred geometry and the application thereof. Perhaps it was the blueprint with which the pyramids were built, and later, the blueprint with which advanced European architecture occured. It supposedly held 'the word of God' - the commandments. Well, I'm inclined to say that the secrets of geometry and its magickal applications comprise the true 'word of God'. Ultimately, it's a dead giveaway concerning the relationship between thought and form - as you said.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I will now bow out of this thread, as it's clear no-one wants to learn anything, they just want to be part of a super-secret club playing witches and warlocks, regardless of whether they're actually doing anything. Fantastic. Ignorance 1, ATS 0.

It strikes me as weird why you folks don't study this thing you've come across, and actually help folks? Either you guys are lazy or selfish, or even possibly both.

Regurgitating guesses as fact doesn't progress knowledge, it just muddies the water. Real science is hard - pseudoscience and alleged-mysticism are not. Which kind of explains this thread - all talk, no action. Pathetic.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
It strikes me as weird why you folks don't study this thing you've come across, and actually help folks? Either you guys are lazy or selfish, or even possibly both.

My first and only sigil so far has been to help someone going through a tough time.

Using science to explain magick is like trying to use geometry to explain art. There are probably relations, but we're not aware of them fully yet. I don't understand your point. If sigil magick could be tried, tested and proved scientifically then this topic would be in the "science" forum, not the "paranormal studies". The fact that it's called paranormal studies doesn't mean that it needs to be proved or fully-explained to be of merit.

If you think we're all crazy servants of ignorance, fine. It's not offending anyone here. I think most Christians are ignorant but I don't go to Bible forums and start asking everyone for proof. There's no point.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kupios

Hey Kupios (or anyone else really), I've got a question.
If someone has lost something valuable (like me, it being worth about $200), would a sigil help? Since I am thinking about this lost item so much, how would you forget it, and if the sigil is not forgotten, it doesn't' really work, right?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Magick is not a toy or a tool. Always be very aware of what you are trying to express! While I can say yes, I have used Sigils here on ATS.
Here is one that brought me many friends on here.

As thats all this sigil says, Is love me, like me, connect.

However sigils can be dangerous. I dont suggest everyone using them like they are some new fad.
They can bring you unwanted pain if you are looking to hurt someone, or try to send out negtive tones with your sigils.

User beware.. Magick is not a toy.

Thus I do not think it would be wise for me to tell you how to make sigils.
As thats part of the occult knowledge that one must earn.
However, sigils are like everything else. Its a personal thing, and one should never be bound by books, or by others words for saying this is how it works 100%.

However if you must go threw with it.. Never promote hate, anger or fear in your sigils. They will reflect upon you 10 fold.
If you wish for material wealth and objects of material nature you are setting yourself up for a big let down.
Knowledge is key to understanding anything.

And the word occult simply means - hidden.
However used in context occult can mean a couple other things.
But it depends how you use the word.. Just like with sigils.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by zysin5]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I think I can talk openly about the sigil I did on behalf of a group I was seeing on the TV......as it seems to have worked.

I did a sigil for the FLDS people in Texas that was stating....
"the completely innocent people will be reunited with their children soon'

Now we are all seeing about 120 children out of the 400 or so being given back to there parents.

I had allot of emotion behind this.....I was praying for the best possible outcome.
I hope I did right.
I hope I helped them out somewhat.
You will notice I was NOT saying all the familys would be reunited asap, but just the truly INNOCENT ones.....

[edit on 28-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

dead giveaway indeed. In Gnostic creation texts from the Nag Hammadi Library, creation was a verbal act, literally the word of God. If the Ark does contain the word of God it would then be a sort of verbal sigil like used in Hinduism. The sci-fi side of me lakes the idea of the Ark being a battery powered 3 dimensional sigil (just a thought for fun).

I really do highly recommend the two Picknett/Prince books. I think you would enjoy them immensely. In the Stargate Conspiracy there is a parallel drawn between ways of influencing reality and information obtained during drug induced trips. Sounds odd perhaps but the argument is MOST convincing.

Do you happen to remember anything about an experiment of thought focus and crop circles? I remember perhaps Rupert Sheldrake being involved, but the idea was that a small group of people sat together for a few hours and focused on a specific simple geometrical form (perhaps a few interlocking circles) with the idea of creating a crop circle. After a few hours of nothing they went home and the next morning the shape was there, with all the normal oddities associated with geniune CCs. Kind of sounds like a sigil in reverse, no? I also heard on Coast to Coast (i'm not sure how well seen the show is) that a group of mathematicians working in Cambridge University had complained that there were no CC that had geometry that could be analysed (no idea exactly what that means) and they mentioned the Mandelbrot series as an example of what they wanted. The next day was a mandelbrot series CC just outside the window to the room where the discussion had taken place.

Makes you think there really is something very very profound happening in sigils!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

You can try it. Do make sure there is no possible negative interpretation to your desire first.

I read a book called "The Secret Life of Inanimate Objects" by Lyall Watson which very seriosly recommends talking to the object nicely and asking it to return. To me it sounds very much like a verbal sigil. Give both a try and tell us how it goes! Good luck.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Magick is not a toy or a tool. Always be very aware of what you are trying to express!

Thank you for the warning! Couldn't agree more. I have never personally tried anything bad with sigils but I don't think its worth just testing it and I don't have the desire anyway. Hopefully the same goes for most people here.

While I can say yes, I have used Sigils here on ATS.
Here is one that brought me many friends on here.

Congratulations on your sigil results. Thanks for posting it here. The sigil looks great but I obviously don't know the techniques you are using.

However sigils can be dangerous. I dont suggest everyone using them like they are some new fad.
They can bring you unwanted pain if you are looking to hurt someone, or try to send out negtive tones with your sigils.

User beware.. Magick is not a toy.

Magick is no toy at all but do you not think it a good idea to spread the word about such a thing? Is it not yet another elitist trend of information withholding? Does every human being not have a right to this kind of fundamental information? Especially given the good it could potentially do and the suffering it could prevent?

I understand how bad it could be to have certain destructively minded people running round doing terrible things with such knowledge but if more people knew about it there would be an easy counter. I am personally against the withholding of information and I think that ultimately it is a case of each to his own or Karma. The fact that bad things are visited upon you 10 fold would support the argument, a kind of built in safety mechanism.

Thus I do not think it would be wise for me to tell you how to make sigils.
As thats part of the occult knowledge that one must earn.

As I have just said, I think this is information that should offered to all. How exactly to do you mean earn?

However, sigils are like everything else. Its a personal thing, and one should never be bound by books, or by others words for saying this is how it works 100%.

Absolutely, at the end of the day we must all discover our personal relationship with things, no use copying other people's.

If you wish for material wealth and objects of material nature you are setting yourself up for a big let down.
Knowledge is key to understanding anything.

I agree that knowledge is key but could you elaborate on the "big let down"? I for one would benefit very much from this.

And the word occult simply means - hidden.
However used in context occult can mean a couple other things.

Could you explain that too? Not sure what you mean.

Thank you though for the warning, everyone should definitely take this into serious consideration. Hope you will tell us more about your sigil techniques!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Your efforts are certainly commendable! We will never know to what extent you had an effect but its worth trying anyhow just on the off chance. Would be a nice idea if everyone could try this!

As a friendly warning, it might be better to avoid such discriminations as "the innocent" in future. We enter dangerous waters when we start to decide who should live and not. I'm sure you were trying to more effectively help some people rather than not help others. Might be better to ask to save "as many as possible" next time.

Someone should definitely start a thread suggesting many ATS members do sigils for a specific outcome and see if it works! I posted some links to mass consciousness experiments before that are similar in nature if anyone's interested.

[edit on 29/5/08 by Kupios]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kupios

i have read your original post and it seems that you were able to do what i do all the time, basically its that i think something and it sort of happens

it can happen sometimes instantly or it may take a few days, it is seriously the most amazing thing ever, Its as if the whole universe bends to meet your will

the most prominent theory i have as to why this is would be Quantum Mechanics which explains quite a lot.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

You don't need a sigil to do that, MonsterEnergy.
It sounds to me it would be complicating things unnecessarily.

What Kupios told you is very good advice.

And if you are a religious person, you might also try this (I am told it works every time):
"God, please, reveal what is hidden."

(Not to mention St. Francis or St. Anthony...
)

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Evidence disagrees.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kupios

Really fascinating stuff. Sigils are just one small piece of an enormous jigsaw which binds science, the occult and historical legend. I'm yet to discover how successful they are for myself but I have a certain faith in esoterica - particularly when, as Grant Morrison says, it's this ancient. I'll check out those books. My reading pile is running low anyway. Time to top up
. I also want to look into the crop circle experiment you mentioned. That sounds incredible.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

No-one's managed to demonstrate they work, which is weird considering how easy they are to use and the fact that the first person to show they work can get a cool $1m from James Randi.

Just because something's cool to believe in doesn't mean you should believe in it without any evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join