It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Sigil Results, this stuff works!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

You're welcome Sonya610! Glad you enjoyed the Grant Morrison, he really does have a way of explaining very complicated things as if they were pub talk.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kupios
Very pleased you enjoy the thread! I must say I do find wonderfully positive too!

In the interest of finding out which sigil techniques work best it is wiser to wait for a while for more results as you suggest. On the other hand, I have found that sometimes a sigil will do what it was designed for but either in a slightly lopsided way or in a small way. For example, I ask to win some money and I win £2, which is ok in itself but I feel I should do another sigil afterwards.

I am no expert in the art of manifestation or magic...but...I do believe emotion plays a HUGE part in it. Instead of winning the lottery, which apparently was fulfilled, remember what Grant Morrison said, money is a tool of the lower classes. The money or winning the lottery is not what matters. What matters is the experiences you anticipate, the changes in your reality that you want as a result of winning.

Imagine how you will feel in your ideal reality. That inspires more emotion than the technical aspects of how to get there. Do you really care about money? Or do you want to have a more relaxed and pleasant existence? I am not saying money is bad or shallow (and believe me I do understand) I am just saying are we focusing on the process and tools, or the goal? Which inspires more emotion?

Does what I am saying make sense? I have also read/heard that the lottery thing is difficult to manifest. I just did a sigil yesterday that did involve money, but I made sure to mention other things (emotional) as well.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

The money or winning the lottery is not what matters. What matters is the experiences you anticipate, the changes in your reality that you want as a result of winning.

Imagine how you will feel in your ideal reality. That inspires more emotion than the technical aspects of how to get there.

Right on! I think you have hit it right on the head with that statement.
Its the "life" that is what people are really after and that matters. The money is just what people think will be a shortcut, but it may not be. Personally, I have a fear inside of me that just wishing for money may be too selfish and as such, isn't something that the WILL would support. Although I must admit some people out there have no trouble attracting money. I still wouldn't want their life.
Just as an update, my Sigil is still working strong - I am still "slaving" away in my basement now digging a trench thru heavy wet clay LOL
, but that is what I wanted - to get this previously dreaded job done - and its not dreary, I am enjoying every moment of the exercise and the success!
Let the "power" that is available thru these things be with all of you who are giving it a try.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by wayno]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Surely you'd want some actual evidence that you're not putting the future of your existence in the hands of some made-up, non-working "magic"? Or is the idea that it works more important than its effectiveness, like a placebo?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Now you're on to it Dave420.

I'm sure you are aware that the placebo effect, in and of itself, is often enough to throw off the data for even the most respectable medical studies and clinical trials. That's why the clinicians conducting a study must be so careful with the double-blind aspect of it to insure that the placebo effect does not corrupt the data. The placebo effect is a powerful phenomena that can be used as a tool and likely has a role to play regarding the use of sigils. To be fair, not all people respond in the same way with regard to the placebo effect. “There is substantial evidence that the placebo effect has strong biological underpinnings, and that some individuals are more likely than others to demonstrate this effect,” says Daniel J. Clauw, M.D h††p://www.med.umich.edu/opm/newspage/2005/placebo2.htm - That's the biological part of it. But what about the serendipitous part? I suspect that sigils have an influence on the subjective or subconscious part of the mind which influence behavior. This change in behavior may place a person in situations that ultimately bring about circumstances necessary to achieve the desired outcome. However, this is just a theory and I cannot prove it scientifically. But, I suppose that's what makes this sort of thing intriguing to people and that the idea of such a thing (like a sigil) actually working is what draws us to this web site!

The sigils we have seen posted on this thread are for specific needs described in a general way. Therefore, I don't think anyone is "placing the future of their existence at risk" as you said. If I understand your post correctly, that would also imply that the sigil phenomena works for everyone every time and that by making a sigil for the wrong purpose would result in death. I applaud your skepticism. I just hope your curiosity is not inhibited by it.

For those who wish to investigate the power of their subjective or subconscious mind and/or who are prone to the belief in phenomena (sigils) outside the scientific norm, creating sigils can be an effective tool toward meeting their personal goals regardless of whether such phenomena truly exist in physical reality or not. It may be that the subconscious mind has nothing to do with whether or not sigils work. Another theory is that "a belief in one's own belief" (creating a kind of logarithmic feedback loop of thought) could be at the heart of whether or not someone is successful or not with something like a sigils. I would surmise that this kind of thinking must be habitual in order to be effective. Imagine what Carl Jung would have thought about sigils. He was really into (among many other things) symbols and the "collective unconscious" for which if memory serves, he coined the phrase. If the random number generator experiments at Stanford have any merit, he may have been on to something.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hi there, I think that in order for these things to work you have to have a blind belief for them.

This would explain many tales and miracles all over the world, actually believing in something can make it happen/come true.

Sig.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I thought up a sigil to do a couple days ago.
Today I drew it up, and went over the center part again and again and again thickening the lines.....
I have also added blood all around it in spots circling it...from a finger prick that happened.....
TONIGHT is the full moon.......so I plan to burn it later in the full light of the moon.

We shall see if this one works. If it does then we will know this is absolutely and unequivocally true.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

We shall see if this one works. If it does then we will know this is absolutely and unequivocally true.

I wish things were as simple as that...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

"Blind belief" is a perfectly accurate term - only, it is often used in a pejorative sense.
(Out of ignorance, but that's beside the point right now.)
It is accurate insofar it implies removing factors (perceptions, conceptions) that disturb the "view" of reality as it is - fluid, plastic, anything BUT static - and, most especially, of our own place and function within it.

And so, absolute belief itself doesn't really "explain" miracles etc., because it is not what CAUSES them - it is just the necessary, indispensable state of mind leading to the unobstructed realisation of a situation envisaged and directed by and from other areas of one's being.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Money is definitely something to be overcome and why not do it through sigils? The first time a sigil works, especially concerning money, it certainly does change ones views. Things suddenly become a lot less oppressive and new types of freedom are opened up.

I must suggest that everyone look at the Law of Attraction thread. Excellent stuff.

Emotion and blind faith do play a part in sigil magick but there are different schools of thought on how. I am still not entirely sure what to believe but the fact that sigils do work, beyond the placebo effect, is a wonderfully positive thing that will keep me searching!

Once again, thanks to everyone for their intelligence and patience! Makes me proud to be part of ATS!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kupios

Kupios, have you ever considered creating and wearing a sigil (essentially, a "charm") like I mentioned a page or 2 back? Or do you believe that this will just result in the sigil being charged with accidental negative energies - such as a couple of people advised?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I have considered it but I don't know much about it. I don't think that things can be negatively charged, only the intent can be negative. The only thing about wearing a sigil is that it might make it harder to forget. Any thoughts on this? Have you tried it yourself?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kupios

I'm considering it. I don't have much experience with sigils and have so far only attempted one (which involves the health of another and will take a long time to verify its effectiveness).

But I've been thinking a lot about what Grant Morrison says about "corporate" sigils such as the golden arches of McDonalds. I think there's a lot to be said for that and I think that we can all effectively create our own personal branding that steers our lives in a desired direction. I won't tell you what my "will" is going to be but it's extremely simple and universally applicable to my life - an aspect of my character I'd like to enhance. I have a friend who's a goldsmith so I may create a sigil and then ask him (without explaining it to him) to make something from sterling silver.

We'll see, and I'll post here when/if I do this.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I haven't read through all of this yet, but I did want to relay my experience in this subject.

I saw the Grant Morrison video a while back and was intrigued by the philosophies he was speaking in a general sense...I've never been big into practicing magic, but what I heard (and later read at his website) was so simple that I couldn't resist trying.

For the last several months I've been after 2 things (this is going to sound really trivial) a new laptop so that I can have a good mobile workstation for design/programming and a Nintendo Wii to burn off steam and move around a bit more.

I did the sigil as Grant instructed stating that I wanted the laptop and the Wii. I did this 2 weeks ago

This past weekend my wife informed me (out of the blue mind you as she's been against either purchase for quite a bit of time) that she had pushed some numbers around and that she had decided she wanted me to get my laptop because she knew how important it was to me and it would free up a lot of computer time for her. So this past Sunday we headed to a local chain electronics store and purchased the laptop.

In all honesty I kinda chalked that up to coincedence as she had a bit of motive behind the purchase as well (more time on the house computer for her).

Yesterday my parents were visiting to see the new laptop in action (it hooks up to my TV and has Windows Media Center and other nifty little features they wanted to see). Towards the end of my visit my dad went out to their van and came back with a box wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper....telling me that they had gotten me an early Christmas present...much to my surprise I got my Wii.

I have to say that I'm truly amazed at the results of the sigil...just over 2 weeks and I got both items I was inquiring about with the sigil just to see if there was anything to it. I currently have a sigil out hoping to give some out to the world since I have taken....I want to keep a karmic balance with this sort of thing as I don't like greed (me asking for something was just so I would have a measurable - to me at least - result).

It works folks...so far.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Your goldsmith friend is a handy thing indeed! I have been thinking about similar things myself. I think, as you point out about corporate sigils, that this is in fact a tried and tested method. Good luck with it, i'll try something similar and we can compare results!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MythMaster

I am really very very pleased that your sigils worked! The idea of Karmic balance is certainly a good one! Perhaps everyone should consider this. I certainly will!

Do you know what the Law of Attraction says about this?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kupios

My knowledge on such matters is limited at best, but my understanding of of the Law of Attraction is: "like thoughts attracts like actions"

That being said, I know no specifics dealing with sigils or for that matter even karmic balance, but it seems to apply across all actions equally. I have never given though to sigil specific notions, but I sense some reading coming up on the subject.
If I come across anything interesting I'll be sure and post it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've just watched the video and I have to say it was interesting. I'm planning to look up some more information and perhaps I'll try it myself.

It reminds me a bit of a workshop I've been to about a year ago by Roy Martina. He's from The Netherlands so maybe most of you don't know him but that doesn't really matter. We learnt a lot about thoughts and words being powers (in Dutch: "gedachten zijn krachten") and the whole nerve system etcetera etcetera. Anyway, he said that the more you think something, the more likely it is to happen, because that simply is how the brain and nerves work.

So with this Sigil issue, I also think that the intention does make a bit of a difference.

I do wonder what would happen if I for examply "focused" on having a certain lover and that lover at the same time would "focus" on really not wanting to have me as his lover. That would be kind of a weird situation, I know, but still... Who would "win"? :p I do realise that this doesn't make a lot of sense, because there's no use in "forcing" love or "manipulating" other people in any way, but there's a bit of weirdness there, isn't there? Possible danger even.

But nevertheless, it was really interesting and definitely worth reading more about it. Thanks for the tip!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i have so far made 2 sigils so far and they seem to have worked.
I dont want to be too specific about them except that will say that i created mine on my desktop using ms paint and the 2nd was created using the microsoft font wingdings to give it a more pictorial form which for me is easier to visualize.

this is just the word "example" nothing fancy but you see what i mean.

hope this is of help to someone else.

many thanks to *all the posters* here for contributing on this extremly interesting subject.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by survivor

Good for you!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join