It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Sigil Results, this stuff works!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well i've been watching this thread since the start and i've got to say that the kind of reasoned debating, respect and encouragment of other members has reminded me why I love ATS so much. The people. You guys.

I tried a sigil a few days ago when I first came across the thread and am waiting to see if anything happens, will post results if and when I get them. Thinking about doing another one although I really should go to bed

Earthscum, I'm listening to your band right now and I gotta say as a fellow musician/band member, I like your style and am going to recommend that a few of my friends give you a listen.

btw, my first instrument is the drums so maybe I was a little hasty calling myself a musician LOL! Thats conditioning for you! I've heard so many drummer jokes I've started slating myself!

anywho, great thread OP, really first class stuff and respect and gratitute to all posters for sharing their thoughts and opinions as for me, this is what ATS is all about.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Success!

just thought I would give this progress report. So a couple of days ago I tried to make my first Sigil - spent 2 hours on it and came up completely frustrated and with a headache to boot. I thought I had failed because I didn't end up with a pictogram I liked.
My wish was simple. I bought this old house last summer and it has a damp basement. I needed to break thru the concrete floor and dig a trench and put in drainage. For 6 months I have procrastinated and dragged my feet - always coming up with excuses for not doing this seemingly dreary task. So my wish was simply to "get the basement finished". I really needed help overcoming my reluctance.
Now, back to two days ago: later in the day after struggling with the Sigil, I ended up going down the basement and put in about 3 hours of non-stop hacking away at the concrete. Yesterday, again, it was another good 3 hours of work. The progress was smooth and all the problems I expected never materialized. If anything I was enjoying myself.
Had I spent 2 hours the first day just trying to convince myself to get started on this job, my resistance to the idea would only have gotten stronger. It is truly "magical" in the way my focus on the attempt to draw a picture tricked my brain, psyche, whatever, to accept the message without a whimper.
I don't want to over-analyze what happened. It worked! Thats all I have to say. There is really something to it.
Actually this jives with a message that the on-line guru Paramahamsa Nithyanandu gives regarding almost any object can be infused with the "power" to grant prayers, given the worshiper's belief and intent. I am sure it is almost the same concept. These pictures/ Sigils, can convey strong messages with stealth and secrecy, bypassing our natural defensiveness, obstinance and negativity.
It is like magic! What a powerful new tool!!!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Sorrie for the repost but can anyone help me with this?
. Did the tarotthing and well, nothing really conclusive got out of it or i just couldn't 'read' it.

Originally posted by Harman
Ok, ik made a sigil with the wish to concsiously know my spiritual truth, haven't charged or burned it yet but anyway maybe i should have started with a tennisball or something
. I'll lay down some tarotcards about this sigil tonight and see what it says. But if it says 'big mistake' can i just throw it away or is drawing it enough to get some reaction out of it? Is there a way to counteract the sigil with something?

thanks, very cool topic btw

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Congratulations wayno!

Originally posted by Earthscum
If you're happy with the resulting song, and comfortable with it, would you post it online somewhere and post link to it here? I'd be very interested to hear the music, as I'm sure others may.

Sure thing. As I'm not very proficient with the tin whistle yet, I'm going to use the acoustic guitar. I'll sit down in a small wood cabin with my mp3 recorder and a guitar and meditate over the thing I want to happen. I'll then (hopefully in a relatively meditative state) attempt to express these thoughts and feelings by improvising on the guitar until I come up with a piece of music that fits. I'll then repeat that over and over whilst focussing on my intent and recording it. Then, perhaps the next day I'll listen to the recording whilst meditating or taking a walk to a peaceful spot, committing it to my subconscious. Then perhaps I'll upload it and post a link. Unless anyone has any suggestions, I'll see how that works.

Actually, I think I've already done something similar with music. I've just spent many months writing and recording a solo metal album (hear samples here: www.myspace.com/speirlingmusic) and the whole time I was unknowingly infusing it with a certain atmosphere I wanted to portray. Additionally, I had never sung lead vocals before and was extremely uncertain as to whether I'd be able to do it. This was in my mind much of the time I was writing and recording, but when I came to do vocals, they came out 10 times better than I expected. Perhaps that's some kind of magick right there.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kupios

Hey Kupios, I was just wondering if you could send me some info on Sigil/Sigul Magick.. I couldn't find much on it and did go check out the other posts and the video of Grant Morrison's to see what he was talking about.. I'd appreciate like to have some direct information on it please, I would appreciate it greatly..Thanks..Jamai_vu 2012

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I've studied these things for sometime, altho I am not an expert and I admit that I don't really know nothing, but I have intuition that the sigil magik is basically same to the idea that if you keep a poster of a porche on your wall and keep fancying it regularly, eventually you may get it. It is basically self-programming, the same thing you can do to yourself by meditation, to others by hypnotization. All these work on same fundamental basis on human psychology.

There's been few good posts on this thread about the karma thing... Be careful with the things you cannot comprehend wholly; these things may have wonderful or catastrophic effects on your life.

Sincerely,

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

two things: just drawing the Sigil was definitely enough in my case. I think this was because I laboured so hard over doing it (them, actually, as I ended up with a page full of what i thought were unsuccessful drawings). Had the Sigil come easy, perhaps it would have required the extra push of charging it afterwards.
It may be that you attempted something too big, and too vague on your first try. My first try was something simple and rather concrete (pun). When the results came it was very clear and indisputable.
I think once its out there, its out there. On the other hand you do still have free will and can resist the effect if you wish (I would think). Caution about what you wish for is probably a good thing tho as it seems to be a powerful force, and really not that well understood (yet).

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I find it helpful to write the desire in the present tense, even for an imagined future event; for example "I am ecstatic" rather than "I will be ecstatic".

The present tense seems to strengthen the sigil's expression of the synthesis between the cosmic unconscious, conscious mind and manifested reality. You also defy the linear concept of bounded time-space. By saying "I am" you explicitly articulate how you have realised that reality is your perception, where the apparently separated realms of a conscious-unconscious abstract "inside" (mind) are synthesised with an imagined concrete "outside" (reality). It also prevents negative ideas of lacking or deficiency from filtering into the sigil.

We perceive the results of the sigil to take a while, but they only come into fruition through the practiced belief of our own control over them, and the realisation that, whilst taking on the appearance of a future event, the unconscious impressions which formulate the conscious wish and its "real life" occurence are all simultaneously interrelated.

Bit convoluted and rambly that, and it's perhaps quite an obvious point anyway, but one which I find useful nonetheless.
Neville Goddard, who Kupios mentioned early on in the thread, puts it much more simply (though note that he was not talking about sigils himself, merely the general practice of realising how we ourselves create the perception of manifest reality. The relevance to sigils, however, is clear):

" If your desire is to be rich, say to yourself: I am rich - and think from that assumption.

If you want to be known, claim you already are. You can be anything you want to be by the act of assumption.

Wear your desire as though it were true now, and your assumption - though denied by your senses - when persisted in will harden into fact by objectifying itself and becoming a reality."

taken from THE INCARNATE REVELATION
Lecture #89 - Neville 02/20/1969, taken from www.nevillelecturehall.com...

Feels for me a very powerful way of defying the way I've arranged symbols around me.

There have been a few mentions of doing sigils for other people, and even swapping sigils. This has worked for me. I think it could be a symbolically important act of reaching out to other parts of yourself which will be able to communicate something you haven't consciously realised yet. If you're having problems with something or a particular aspect of a sigil (for example, you keep wishing for a lottery win but only get back what you paid for), giving the desire to someone else to express slightly differently on your behalf (for example that you gain that wealth in some other way) can be a useful way of engaging with an alternative perspective which will be the key to unlocking that area of your perception. I did this for someone, seemed to do the trick.

I also find it highly symbolically fertile to do symbols to the benefit of someone else because it engages directly with the concept of cosmic relatedness, which is what this seems to be all about, at heart.

I also find that just concentrating on the drawing and getting into a magical state of consciousness (or however Grant Morrison describes it) is enough for me to see results, rather than worrying overmuch about specific rules surrounding charging and/or destroying them. Everyone will find their own way of doing it.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by La Streisand]

[edit on 16-5-2008 by La Streisand]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kupios

So it's intrinsically tied to a language? Doesn't that scream "MADE UP!" to you?

Where is any independent research into this phenomenon? It wreeeeks of the usual stuff people desperate to help themselves (for perfectly legitimate reasons) jump on, foregoing research or evidence in the hope that it's legitimate.

I'm not targetting this next comment at anyone in this thread, btw.

Peddling this stuff to people who could help themselves in more tangible, proven ways is, well, sickening. False hope is no hope at all, and until this stuff is demonstrated as working, it's false.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
I'm not targetting this next comment at anyone in this thread, btw.

Peddling this stuff to people who could help themselves in more tangible, proven ways is, well, sickening. False hope is no hope at all, and until this stuff is demonstrated as working, it's false.

Wow, I find that sentiment incredibly rigid and short-sighted. You're, of course, entitled to your own opinion, but I can't see one iota of any "peddling" going on. It's merely a discussion and personal experimentation. If you choose not to participate in the techniques we're discussing, fine. But to bash it and label it without personal experience is, IMO, the epitomy of ignorance. You obviously have formed an opinion on the subject and felt your own need to knock it down, but, it's more obvious that, since you have no practical, personal experiences to share, your post goes absolutely nowhere.

But thanks, really, for letting us know how you feel. If, however, any of us need the expertice in the recognizing of "False hope", we know who to see.

Cuhail

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Ignorance? Hardly. It would be ignorance to accept this as fact without any actual study, to elevate personal experience above reasoned learning. This is the "Paranormal Studies" board and not the "Paranormal Unobjective Story-Telling" board, after all.

I am not closed-minded, and if any actual evidence existed that this stuff was true (as opposed to the stories we read here, which can easily be explained by more mundane explanations), I'd be one hell of a vocal supporter. As it is, no evidence exists beyond the "it worked for me!" claims.

Trying to evaluate ANYTHING from your own experience is bound to fail. Humans are ridiculously flawed when it comes to perceiving things we don't understand or are aware of. We see things that don't exist when we stare into the darkness. We forget things that mean less to us, and remember those things that leap out into expected patterns (the 11:11 clock thread is a great example of this). In short, one person observing themselves can only provide anecdotal evidence, whereas a group of people observed by an independent observer can produce actual evidence that people can learn from.

The only person who can learn anything from this thread is someone wishing to write a book about Sigil believers, and even then they'll only learn what some Sigil believe happened to them. No-one can learn a single thing about Sigil from this thread.

You seem to be the person who's made up their mind already - I simply pointed out the baseless assertions flying around here, which is a completely neutral statement, and you take offense. Maybe I touched a nerve in bringing this whole discussion into the daylight of pseudoscience.

My opinion is "anything can happen", however my standard of required evidence to believe something seems to be far higher than yours.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my comments, with hind-sight they are a bit on the crude side. My only intention was to try to raise this discussion from a campfire-side story-telling recital into actual study.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Cuhail

Ignorance? Hardly. It would be ignorance to accept this as fact without any actual study, to elevate personal experience above reasoned learning. This is the "Paranormal Studies" board and not the "Paranormal Unobjective Story-Telling" board, after all.

Isn't this a study though? We have multiple people out there trying it and posting their results. We don't have a controlled lab within the confines of a public forum, we only really have discussion to work with.

I am not closed-minded, and if any actual evidence existed that this stuff was true (as opposed to the stories we read here, which can easily be explained by more mundane explanations), I'd be one hell of a vocal supporter. As it is, no evidence exists beyond the "it worked for me!" claims.

Again, it IS only a discussion board and I have no reason to believe, myself, that the posters who have contributed are lying or misrepresenting themselves. Why limit yourself to only scientific laboratory studies that may have an agenda that injects misrepresentation of results? I, honestly, trust more ATS members than corporate-funded labs who may or may-not have "honesty" in their findings. No one here is going to make a living off of the results of this discussion, ya know?

Trying to evaluate ANYTHING from your own experience is bound to fail. Humans are ridiculously flawed when it comes to perceiving things we don't understand or are aware of. We see things that don't exist when we stare into the darkness. We forget things that mean less to us, and remember those things that leap out into expected patterns (the 11:11 clock thread is a great example of this). In short, one person observing themselves can only provide anecdotal evidence, whereas a group of people observed by an independent observer can produce actual evidence that people can learn from.

Ahhh, but, we don't have that capability here at ATS. We can only experiment ourselves and report results and then add them together to form opinions. AND, it really seems to me that this ISN'T a grand experiment. It's an interest, shared by a few members and those members are coming together to investigate the supposed phenomenon. No more.

The only person who can learn anything from this thread is someone wishing to write a book about Sigil believers, and even then they'll only learn what some Sigil believe happened to them. No-one can learn a single thing about Sigil from this thread.

That is strictly opinion because I've learned quite a bit about the theory and practices employed in sigil magic.

You seem to be the person who's made up their mind already - I simply pointed out the baseless assertions flying around here, which is a completely neutral statement, and you take offense. Maybe I touched a nerve in bringing this whole discussion into the daylight of pseudoscience.

But I haven't made up my mind at all. I tried it and await the results (or lack-of for that matter) and I have not taken any offence at all. I just disagree with your insistance at labeling it as fake because you can't take the time to investigate it further. It may just be psuedo-science, I haven't formed a conclusion yet, myself. But I can't say it's fake yet, and I won't. The interest in the subject by 1000s of people alone, makes it a very real subject. Just not proven accurately as to the validity of it.

My opinion is "anything can happen", however my standard of required evidence to believe something seems to be far higher than yours.

Ummmm....Anything can happen, but, not without proof? Isn't that a bit contradictory?

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my comments, with hind-sight they are a bit on the crude side. My only intention was to try to raise this discussion from a campfire-side story-telling recital into actual study.

I wasn't offended by anything you posted and I apologize if my post gave you that impression. I just disagree with the thought of posting a negative post in a thread you have no real interest in advancing. I'm sure everyone in this thread is a bit skeptical at heart, but, it's not really a debate going on, it's discussion. You have made your feelings clear on the subject and I totally respect that. I just wanted to make it clear that your feelings are disagreed with.

I feel no need to convince you either way. Just keeping on keeping on.

Cuhail

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I gave this a shot, did a few of them actually. so far 2 have worked, by what means I don't know, but I have to agree with the programming post earlier. maybe not in all cases, but it seems, just like with anything else, if you set your mind to it, it can usually be done. good thread!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Please please please tell me i have just witnessed the biggest coincidence ive ever known

Being comfortably well off (Through Hard Work) i would wish for no material items for myself. I made the mentioned tennis ball sigil for myself however decided at the same time to make another sigil.

The second one was for a helping hand for my parents. Hard working people who are kind and considerate. Their home was broken into 2 weeks ago and everything was taken. They even used my fathers car to remove the belongings from the house as he left his keys on the fireplace.

Well my mother just called me she had something to tell me!!!!!!!

She won £6500 on the lottery last night

Coincidence or what i dont know but this has been very timely indeed.

I guess instead of my tennis ball it was her lottery balls that appeared!!!!!!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Please please please tell me i have just witnessed the biggest coincidence ive ever known

Well, according to what dave420 would say, you did.

According to myself, and some others. You manifested it with your sigil.

Congrats man!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I must add that it was Wednesday night she won although she only checked her numbers yesterday. It was the Irish Lottery she played on with a £1 stake (Something she does every week) Amazing

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I made my sigil yesterday, its about money as that is my main need at the moment.... that night i dreamt i was buying a lotto ticket from a particular shop nearby.....now i rarely buy lotto tickets ? (about once every 3 months) and i did not dream that i won, i was just standing in the queue ready to buy one.... now tomorrow im thinking i need to go to that one shop and buy a lotto ticket! but does the sigil work by bringing what you ask for into your life without you having to actively seek it? cos ill go and buy a lotto ticket tomorrow and if nothing happens ill be a £ out of pocket and a bit disheartened and i dont want to be disheartened because i do believe in this stuff!! am i making sense? lol..... i dont want to keep putting myself in a situation where i 'might' win some money, should i now just sit back and hope my sigil works?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
A little background. I was recently fired from my job(there is a thread about it, called I was fired For My Bumperstickers). So, I need a new one.

Last night I did a sigil, and today I was hired for a new job! I even disclosed regarding my bumperstickers, and it was a go!

Thank you for this thread, this stuff works.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've recently been researching chaos magic (only casually, because I haven't had much time due to exams), which seems to incorporate quite a lot of sigil magic. Anyway, this thread gave me the push I needed to try it out so I thought I'd give something back (I don't think anyone's posted this link yet):

Chaos Matrix

While it's mostly about chaos magic, there's a whole section of articles on sigils, servitors and egregores.

Hope it's helpful, and good luck to everyone with your sigils.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Is this the quantum element to reality?

I vasilate from being a total skeptic to wanting to believe.

I made sigil, drew it in about 5 seconds, did a short meditation and put the sigil away and forgot about it; until a call this afternoon concerning the "sigil wish" yaaaafrikinhoooo. 3 days!

coincidence....perhaps
Power of positive thinking....perhaps
right place at the right time...perhaps
Majic....perhaps

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join