It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Circles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
What created these circles in the skies? Could it be the take off point of a ufo?
I want to know what you think about this and if it could be related to ufos or aliens...
I think after the ufo speeds away at light speed it leaves this "sky circle" behind...
well thats my theory whats yours?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
There was a post about this on ATS sometime ago, I'll try to go dig it up. What happened here is the ice crystals formed and sank, at least that's what I believe to recall...let me try and find it.

Edit:
Here are some threads you may find interesting:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Hole in the Sky

Can't seem to find the original thread though.

[edit on 13.5.2008 by Shugo]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I think ice is a little bit too heavy to be floating around in the atmosphere dont you?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

What do you think snow is?
Ice crystals float around all the time, don't you remember how convection and evaporation works?

Ahha! here's a link I was looking for:

Explanation: What could create a huge hole in the clouds? Such a hole, likely hundreds of meters across, was photographed last month from a driveway near Mobile, Alabama, USA. Very unusual to see, hole-punch clouds like this are still the topic of meteorological speculation. A leading hypothesis holds that the hole-punch cloud is caused by falling ice-crystals.

apod.nasa.gov...

More links:

www.srh.noaa.gov...
National Weather Service WFO Mobile

www.crh.noaa.gov...
National Weather Service WFO Green Bay

epod.usra.edu...
USRA

www.weatherthings.com...
Related article

[edit on 13.5.2008 by Shugo]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
OR it could have been a ufo taking off? right?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Um...no.
I don't think a craft that big could be missed for starters. Have you ever seen one of these phenomina form? They don't form in the way that a "takeoff" would cause.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Thats a hole punch cloud. I wen through it before on one of my own threads. Second post down describes it

Nothing Extraterrestrial here I'm afraid

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.weatherthings.com...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Meteorological experts believe the hole formed when ice-crystals from a passing plane fell through the cloud, causing the water droplets in it to evaporate.
Experts say the process involved is related to that of cloud seeding, which is used to make rain over crop fields.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Very nice images thought!!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The recent chicago airport ufo left a nice hole punch as it departed. From numerous eyewitnesses.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Actually, I don't care if this is a 'hole punch cloud' or how these 'natural wonders' were formed. I am interested in finding out what are the wispy clouds located inside the middle of these 'sky circles'. These atmospheric beauties seem to come alive as 'Spanish Dancers' of the oceans. So I'll describe them as 'aerial nudibranchs' for now until the proper description for these lovely sights is discovered.

[edit on 2008-5-13 by pikypiky]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

That's been explained several times in the posts above, it's caused by ice crystals sinking and falling from the sky.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Actually, I don't care if this is a 'hole punch cloud' or how these 'natural wonders' were formed. I am interested in finding out what are the wispy clouds located inside the middle of these 'sky circles'. These atmospheric beauties seem to come alive as 'Spanish Dancers' of the oceans. So I'll describe them as 'aerial nudibranchs' for now until the proper description for these lovely sights is discovered.

They're cirrus clouds laying above the altocumulus layer....but you can call them whatever you want

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks for the 'scientific' description of the wispy clouds in the middle.

But since this particular thread is under the 'Aliens & UFOs' forum, I'd like to go out on a limb and believe these are 'sky spirits' according to similar myths, such as 'thunderbirds' (Native American Indians) and 'flying dragons' (Chinese).

These sky anomalies make me feel all 'warm' and fuzzy in an unexplainable way. I wonder if there have been reports or measurements taken to determine if these 'cirrus clouds' are indeed 'cold' at the time these sky circles were photographed.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

That's one thing my ex knew a lot about, was the idea of Thunder, Snow, Ice, Rain, Sky, and Fire birds. Indian Spirits.

These do not fix native american descriptions, nor does the phenomina relate to anything described by the native american culture. You can go out on whatever limb, but until someone can prove it to me otherwise, these are simply ice crystal phenomina.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
is it just me or is there a UFO in the first picture with the cloud hole?
anyone see that?
buttom right hand side of the actual halo formed by the hole? little orange sphere.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

Looks like glare on the lense from the Sun to me. Some people do look for things they WANT to see rather than things that are really there from time to time.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
well they certainly look weird . . . im not saying that a UFO caused them. Like everyones saying, it's a natural event. But you can't be 100% sure that this "natural event" is not caused by a ship of some kind which is invisible to the eye. I'd love to see a video of one of these cloud anomalies forming.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

I've seen one of these form before, they take an hour or two...I think it depends highly on winds, temperature, and such though on how fast they form, and of course when they form.

The National Weather Service linked this pic, I doubt this very very old incident was related to a UFO phenomina. If UFO's would do it, why wouldn't a rocket that we launch from the ground? That doesn't make any sense either.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
well they certainly look weird . . . im not saying that a UFO caused them. Like everyones saying, it's a natural event. But you can't be 100% sure that this "natural event" is not caused by a ship of some kind which is invisible to the eye. I'd love to see a video of one of these cloud anomalies forming.

Theres hundreds of weather phenomenen web sites out there describing the hole punch cloud phenomenen. Safe to say that it 100% is a natural occurence....although a rare one at that.

I did explain hole punch clouds in one of my threads if anyone is interested

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
That orange orb bottom right in pic 1 doesn't look like any lens flare or artifact I've ever seen. Nice catch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join