It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is going to open up a can of worms..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i was first gonna title this thread..."homosexuals". but i decided not to because i had feeling several of you guys would be like "oh lord..here's a homosexual hate thread" and feel a lot of ill will upon reading and posting in it. i decided to save you guys that worry of it being a hate thread by not giving it that title. however..this thread will STILL probably cause some ill will because i'm going to minimize the significance of the homosexual comminituy's struggle (as compared to blacks)

i will now begin.

homosexuals: STOP, STOP, STOP comparaing you're struggles to that of the black race's. for some reason or another, there's several homosexuals who to me it seems, feel there's some sort of unspoken bond between blacks and homosexuals. like it seems to amaze homosexuals that blacks would disagree with homosexuality because of the fact both communities have struggled. and to that i affirm a strong, GET THE :SWEAR: OUTTA HERE. the struggles ARE NOT the same. it SEVERELY irks me when you guys like to compare the two. it dosen't take a rocket scientest to figure out why the struggles aren't the same. so i'm not gonna give examples. you guys have had it pretty damn easy compared to us black folks. it really digusts me when i tell a homosexual my opinion of homosexuality (which is that it's wrong, and that it digusts me when i see 2 men walk hand in hand etc etc..) and then theyay something along the lines of well "what if i was to say something like..i think it's wrong that you're black".... shut that weak ass
up. it's not going to work. i will reiterate my point, the struggles are NOT the same.

i will now make a statement that i feel needs to be made. i'm not homophobic. i felt i needed to make that statement because anytime someone expresses negative opinions of homosexuality..they always like to ask "are you homophobic" or either insinuate that the person is homophobic. i made the statement in anticipation of both.

later

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
1)so i'm not gonna give examples. you guys have had it pretty damn easy compared to us black folks.

2) it really digusts me when i tell a homosexual my opinion of homosexuality (which is that it's wrong, and that it digusts me when i see 2 men walk hand in hand etc etc..)

1) Considering there are examples in history where great emperors have openly professed to being gay, i can't argue with you there.

2) It disgusts you when you see men holding hands?

o.O

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

i'm assuming you wanna know why seeing 2 men holding hands disgusts me, right?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
:bnghd:

All of this homosexual stuff started with my thread,

www.belowtopsecret.com...

not taking the credit, just an observation. I was sooooo sorry to have opened that can of worms myself.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Well, sure - if you wanna talk about it then go ahead.

I'll admit i'm somewhat curious.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I saw two woman kissing at walmart today.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

I have to say that I agree with you on this one lordi. Dont get me wrong about gay peoplet though. I know some really cool fellas who are gay but personaly I think its yuck to have feelings for people of your own sex. I dont think God made us to be like that. But like I said before - I respect them as people.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ok how to word this without seeming offensive...

You are correct LordInfamous about the struggles being different. Yes you are correct in this statement. Yes a homosexual has not had the same adversity as black men USED to have. Yes there was a time that oppression occurred, that time is over grow up wake up and look around and tell me that you are still being oppressed.

Racism and homophobia go both ways. What I am sick of is this idea that black men are still being repressed for some reason. Thats
Bull
Sorry I am going to call BS on this. It is also BS for a homosexual to say the same damn thing.

The day racism and homophobia are going to end is when all sides stop bringing up the subject.

I am not racist. I am not homophobic. People are people. Everyone deserves to live in this world, everyone deserves to have equal rights. What is pissing me off is when people say "I don't have the same rights as you because i'm _________"

BS! Especially in America you have the same rights as anyone else and you have the same obligation to use those rights. You have the exact same opportunity to be and do whatever you wish despite your sexual orientation or skin color. Don't hand me that tripe and expect me to swallow it.

Yes I will treat someone differently based on certain criteria. Example. When I see a young man wearing their pants around there ass and wearing a hat crooked I will treat that person differently than I would a person dressed normally. If you come to me and talk in a way in which I cannot understand you I will ask you to define what you said. I will also treat someone differently that comes in mincing around and acting like an idiot. I will also treat someone differently if they come in and talk to me as if I were an insect based solely on my gender. I will treat you in the manner that you treat me period. I believe this goes for anyone.

Don't you dare give me that "it's my culture BS." In America it's AMERICAN culture, to purposely segregate yourself by dressing in a socially inappropriate manner you subject yourself to exactly the reaction you are looking for. Do not whine because you (not you personally LordInfamous) choose to dress the same way as someone that would be associated with a gang and expect me to not treat you differently. When I hear music thumping out of a car and I hear someone talking about being violent, there is naturally some fear that I might get injured. Well damn! don't go around spouting about how your going to pop a cap in someone's ass and expect me to not wonder if that someone is me.

I have had homosexual bosses, I have had black bosses, and I have had women bosses. I gave them the exact amount of respect they deserved and demanded. They all were excellent bosses, they knew their jobs and did them well. Don't tell me that you do not have the same opportunity because you are (self reportedly) a minority. BS! What country do you live in? Guess what your a person from that country. I am going to treat you the exact way you dress and act and show you want to be treated. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I for one am sick of having to walk on eggshells because I being a white man have to be politically correct while some black men are able to trash talk me because of my race and homosexuals calling me "breeder" because I am heterosexual or a man. BS. The day this crap is going to end is the same day that everyone is allowed to rip on each other for these things.

You think that will start a race war? Hell no this is going to end the race and sexuality discrimination in one foul swoop. Stop the BS and be a human. People will accept you for who you are if you accept them for who they are. It's utter nonsense that people feel oppressed because of their gender race or sexual preference. If someone shows they are ignorant to you it's THEM! That person. That individual who is ignorant not the society as a whole. The day this BS is going to end is the exact same day that people wake up to that fact. Who cares what some idiots think of you. Be you. But don't think that for one second it's the societies problem.

When have you ever walked into an investment bank and saw a person wearing their pants around their ass or wearing a pair of leather chaps working there? Would you trust someone working at that bank with your money. What if they would ask you "yo cuz you down wit puttin yo money up in here?" or "Oh sister we have a great line on an annuity it will go well with your eyes!" Dress and act in accordance with the socially accepted norm pertaining to the desired reaction you wish to receive.

[edit on 5/14/2008 by whatukno]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I ... I think I love you man.

Way to take my exact thoughts and word them exactly how I've always wanted.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
to purposely segregate yourself by
[edit on 5/14/2008 by whatukno]

guy i'm gonna be making a thread on segregation over in the social issues section on ats. in fact, i'm gonna go make it now. check it out.

i take that back..not now..still waiting on a u2u...then i'll make it

[edit on 14-5-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Black men are still struggling?
My black friend comes to pick me up to go watch iron man with some of his friends.
His words. "It's so funny jews had it so much worse than blacks and so much more recent and throughout history yet blacks are the ones complaining so much."
My reply (I'm half jewish he's half black.) Nah just seems that way cuz Zionists manipulate the world.
I dunno if we were joking.
Gays are fighting for equality on the wrong turf in my opinion they need to come up with their own religion or just a different word for marriage. Call it Garriage I dun care, I see why the christians don't want em to have those rights and I see why gays want those kinds of rights.

To the op, it isn't about blacks struggling, or gays having it worse or jews.
And I am a firm beleiver of this. We are not all the same we are clearly different and defienently not equal.
But those of us that do not have are close enough in simmilarities to work together.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
[edit on 19-5-2008 by bakednutz]

top topics

join