It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF new BDU's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
heres what they might use for new airforce BDUs

i espically want to hear from jeffery on this one

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
heres what they might use for new airforce BDUs

It looks like a reject from Col. Khadafi's closet....
Whoever wants to make that change has a severe case of recto-cranial inversion... (head up arse)

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
It looks like a reject from Col. Khadafi's closet....
Whoever wants to make that change has a severe case of recto-cranial inversion... (head up arse)

agreed... who would want that change? and what good would it really do? sure maybe it would help you blend into the air after you eject, EXCEPT FOR THE FRIGGIN PARACHUTE! those are what colors? orange, white, and what else? they should stick with standard BDU's... besides, no need to waste more money or something so trivial as this.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ya know, the more I look at it the more I think it looks like they got their fashion cues from some banana republic, cigar smoking, third world - let your people starve - dictator....

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wow, never thought I would see this subject on ATS.

What that picture doesn't show is the hat everyone else will wear. It's a marines hat with the same blue,gray,green tiger pattern.

The second one shows that it isn't quite as bad as the pic above. But it definitely isn't a warriors outfit.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Agent47]

Gaddafi special advisor to air force, such fashion sense.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Why on earth would they want to use old mamma sans hand me down tigerstripes.

The US BDUs are streets better...

Tiger stripes were used by the South Vietnamese and the US adopted it in '65.
Later allocating it to only SF troops in uniforms and even berets.

Just a bit of trivia*
TS were originally used by an elite branch of the Republic of Vietnam's Army which had been wearing the distinct pattern since 1959.
And possibly pinched the brushstroke pattern from the French from as far back as 1953.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
IMHO, and having served in the Air Force

I prefer and like the 'new' look over the regular flat-green fatigues or the lime green fatigues.

The 'new' fatigues are or is a PR move and a way of making and giving the Air Force a very distinct 'image' separation from the other branches of service, namely the Marine's and US Army.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It seems that some of them have more green than blue or vice-versa.

I personally like the ones with more green. I'm betting that they'll go with those if they go with them at all.
Either way it will be probably a couple of years before the change.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
That camo would work great the next time that papa smurf becomes a tyrant and we have to go regulate on him.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I hope they do change to the new uniforms. Everytime I see someone in BDU's carrying an umbrella in the rain, I think it's some soldier just begging to get chewed out by a 1SG. Then I get closer and realize it's just the Air Force. Change uniforms so all of us in the Army can spot you from farther away.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
you got some problem with the USAF?

need i remind you that the USAF can wipe out the entire planet 10 times over and and take have taken out more enemy tanks and # than the marines and the army. and who is it you call when artilliry cant do the job? thats right, the USAF. with out the USAF the army would get ripped a new one

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
you got some problem with the USAF?

need i remind you that the USAF can wipe out the entire planet 10 times over and and take have taken out more enemy tanks and # than the marines and the army. and who is it you call when artilliry cant do the job? thats right, the USAF. with out the USAF the army would get ripped a new one

Word.
(ex airforce here, BTW)

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Remember these are still supposed to act as camouflage and to do so then they must break up lines, hence the patterns and curves, the colours are peculiar indeed but appropriate for the air force.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think this one gives the United States a better look compared to everyone elses airforce.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Nope, not bashing the Air Force. You guys just have different standards. In the Army it is against regulation to carry an umbrella in uniform, in the Air Force it isn't. I'm on a post with 7000 soldiers and a handful of airmen so when you are used to uniformity and you see someone sticking out you think "That soldier is asking for it" then you realize it's a different branch.

Hell, who knows, maybe I'll make the switch into the Air Force when my time in the Army is up. Don't you guys get stabilized at one post for up to 5 years? That would be very refreshing. No field time, nicer quarters, better food. Sounds good to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The new uniform is a standard work uniform. I am in the AF and you never wear the green BDU's to the Desert, that would be just as bad. Green in a brown environment. When we deploy as weapons personell they issue DCU's or the Desert Combat Uniform. The green BDU's would not go with us. Also because the mojority of people use starch on there everyday uniform and anyone knows it makes the BDU's unservicable because it will make you show up on infrared like a soar thumb. It doesn't matter what the standard work uniform looks like because you will be on a "known" base. As many times as our squadron has deployed to "undisclosed locations" I have never seen them go over in green.
There supposed to be more durable and easier to take care of, no ironing, etc... I think it is a good idea, the old uniforms are junk and rip easy when you work with AIM-9's and there damn rolleron's. Just my two cents on the new uniform.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think this uniform looks like a filipino uniform.

And I think Colonel Quadaffi is gay.

And his kid sucks at soccer.

Poofters!

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Its called Digital Camoflage and there is unique purpose why they choose that pattern.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Need i remind you that the USAF can wipe out the entire planet 10 times over and and take have taken out more enemy tanks and # than the marines and the army. and who is it you call when artilliry cant do the job? thats right, the USAF. with out the USAF the army would get ripped a new one

That's okay, everyone knows the Navy kicks everyone's ass. Without us, there would be no need for an Army (we haul all their crap for them) or AF (we haul all their crap for them too).

Sorry to join this one late, but someone had to stick up for the Navy.

PS The new AF uniforms look like something you would get at Kmart. At least they beat the bus driver uniforms.

[Edited on 8/3/04 by COOL HAND]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join