It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Lake scanner audio files 4/2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
www.lazygranch.com...

I added two new audio files at the top of the page. The callsign of the month (April) was AMBER. The only military flight callsign heard was CHEVY.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Very clear reception, managed to listen after getting winamp. How close do you have to be to the target to get the tower comms?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alien life uk

Since we can't see the base visually expect from Tikaboo and a few other spots, of course we can't see it with a radio, i.e. line of sight. However, the signal does spatter around the general area. The power line overlook is one spot to scan the base. It is high and close, maybe 25 miles. The other spot is to head out towards Queen City Summit. You can park by the side of the road just south of the summit (i.e. in the clear). That is about 36 miles. However, if you study the terrain, there is less "blockage" in the way, so the results are similar.

I'm reasonably sure "control" is not at ground level. "Tower" is probably on the tower itself. The hard signal to get is of a plane on the ground. If you listen to the audio carefully, you can hear a difference between a plane on the ground talking to the tower and the final conversation with the tower before the handoff to control There was some odd interference during the recording process that caused a low frequency pumping of the AGC. I really don't know what caused it, but you could see the S-meter pumping. Since the audio came through, the interfering signal was not in the aviation band (which would be a serious problem for everyone, not just me). I have my ideas as to the cause, but rather not speculate.

I didn't bother to record "ground". [I need a 4 channel recording scheme.] I'm pretty sure the base changed the military tower frequency since they probably got tired of my posting audio from it. The VHF frequencies can be found in one day. Just bandscan, and lock out a signal when you have identified it. The military frequencies are harder to find due to the size of the military air band.

new topics

join