It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

proof of vampires?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Is there any hard evidence that vampires exist. Im not talking about those psycho cults that think they are. I mean the mythological beings we hear about.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
please please please do a search on vampires!
it feels like at least once a week we get a "do vampires exist... what are the facts" thread. There are plenty of threads that I think you could peruse!

Have a lovely evening!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hi there! here is some threads about Vampires!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Throughout history, these beings have resided alongside man. Myths and folktales from all points of the globe speak of beings that feed on the living. From the Japanese Kasha to the Irish Dearg-Du and the Tlaciques of the Mexican Nahautl Indians and the Arabic Algul they exist. Germany alone has a minimum of three distinct types of vampire including the Alp, the Neuntoter, and the Doppelslauger of Germany's northern regions. These sinister creatures have permeated virtually every culture and time period, dating as far back as the Ekimmu of ancient Babylon and Assyria.

Despite the prevalence of vampires throughout society, not all cultures attribute the same characteristics to them. In some instances, they appear only at certain times, or under extraordinary circumstances, while others seem to have the ability to exist under any conditions. Not all vampires are killers, as in the case of the Raksasha from India, which is said to cause only, vomiting in its victims. Not all vampires are evil. The Italian Stregoni Benefici, although a vampire itself, is believed to be an ally against evil vampires.

Contrary to widely accepted mythology, vampires do not always feed on the blood of the living. There are several records of "psychic" vampires such as the Bebarlangs of the Philippines and the well-known Incubus (male), and Succubus (female). These beings simply drain away the victim's life force or psychic energy, leaving the victim physically and emotionally weak. The Babarlangs was actually a culmination of tribal spirits sent out to draw energy from its victims. The Incubus and Sucubus were known for entering the sleeping chambers of women and men respectively and (like the Leanhaum-Shee of Ireland) making love to them while drawing the life force from them.

There are also vampires that feed on other parts of the human body, such as the Jigarkhwar of India which eats the liver and the Brazilian Jaracacas which feeds on the breasts of nursing women, as well as the Lamia of Libyia which consumes the entire body of its victims. One last listing in this category is the Brahmaparush of India. This vampire drinks the blood of its victim AND eats it's brain before donning the unfortunate person’s intestines as some sort of ritualistic wardrobe.

Vampires are also not always dwellers of the night. The Bruxsa, a vampire of Portuguese origin and the Aswang of the Philippines are both said to live a perfectly normal life among humans during the day, each appearing as a beautiful maiden. The difference between these two forms of vampire lies in the fact that although the Aswang prefers to feed on children the Bruxsa is believed to be capable of bearing them. The Polish Upier also falls into this category as it is reported as rising at midday and returning to rest at midnight.

Although death is not a prerequisite to becoming a vampire in all legends, it does appear to be the most universally accepted theory for indoctrination into this infamous subculture of humanity. Some notable exceptions are the Moroii of Romania and the Obayifo of Africa, which are described as living vampires. The Pisacha of India is also exclusive to death in that it is believed to be created by the evils of humanity.

Although many seem to associate vampires with the fictional character of Dracula, males actually seem to be a minority in the global reports of these creatures. Female entities make up approximately eighty percent of all vampire legends worldwide. This causes a discontinuity between the vampire of fiction and the vampire of mythology. While the fictional night stalking vampires are often considered romantic, womanizing playboys; the mythological creatures are predominantly vengeful and angry females who feed on the blood of children.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i know its weird, some people say that they dont exist
but i want to believe they do.

Text Red

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeman

To answer your question.

No!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilitaryMan
reply to post by dudeman

To answer your question.

No!

I'll reiterate that, NO!

Vampires and werewolves do not exist, have not existed nor will they.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeman

there must be some proof in history that vampires exist as they were apparently seen all the time back then

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

Actually, the OP didn't even have to search, there were a bunch of threads on the first page!

>argh!<

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Vampires do exist and many of them feed in different ways. They do not have magic powers like in the movies nor shapeshift. They are human like you and me they die from old age and can get sick. I am a vampire I like to drink fresh human blood from a willing partner and I feel better as if a great thirst had been quenched.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VampireZio
Vampires do exist and many of them feed in different ways. They do not have magic powers like in the movies nor shapeshift. They are human like you and me they die from old age and can get sick. I am a vampire I like to drink fresh human blood from a willing partner and I feel better as if a great thirst had been quenched.

We obviously believe you. I am not doubting the existence of them considering I am the great great grandson of Van Helsing himself (yes he did exist) and I hunt vampires for a living. See what I did? Anyone can come along and claim that he is manbearpig or anything else that supposedly exists so what makes you think you are one? Either way we can never know whether or not they exist. If they have remained hidden for this long then who says we will ever find them? Or the vampire culture could be an evolution of the Dracula legend and they don't exist.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Vampires do not exist. Vampires do not exist. Vampires do not exist.

You mention the psycho cults who believe they are vampires, and their are many individuals (esp. on the net) who believe this also. The poster two places above is neither of these (probably) but a "sanguinarian" - a human that enjoys consuming blood.

Do they call themselves vampires often? Some do.

Are they "the mythological beings we hear about." No.

Vampires do not exist.

Many people in history have been called vampires: Vlad Tepes, Erzabet Bathory, Giles de Rais, Sargent Bertrand. The list goes on.

Are they dangerous, masochistic and even cannibalistic? Yes.

Are they "the mythological beings we hear about." No.

Vampires do not exist.

Nastalgik van Helsing above, however, is obviously telling the truth. You can just tell he's descended from a hunter of vampires (vampires do not exist) and in no way an I ignoring that he was making a point and openly pointed out it was a lie.

I will now go start an anti-vampire cult in his honour.

Vampires do not exist.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here ya go!

Matteo Borrini, an anthropologist from the University of Florence, said the discovery on the small island of Lazzaretto Nuovo in the Venice lagoon supported the medieval belief that vampires were behind the spread of plagues like the Black Death.

Never thought I'd believe but...ya just never know.

We're always finding new species.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Ag0xx0XFUievGtGLteSXUeTtiBIF

Maybe the chupacabra and werewolf are both the same
type of creature. Lots we still don't know...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Think of this as you will. but i am a firm believer in vampires. and i would just like to put down some reasons why I and many others believe in what we do. my name is Bella but don't think im a twilight obsessed fan im only in this because i am a vampire believer and always have been:

1) If vampires are truly as clever, intelligent and evolved as myth and legend make them out to then is it any wonder why they haven't yet been properly discovered and have been able to blend in with the scene of the normal day life of a human with out a hitch?

2) think to a few years back, when scientists said that absolutely nothing could live to a certain point in the ocean as the pressure at the bottom was so strong anything that went down there would inevitably ... die? well years later they found a whole new species! aquatic creatures that we would never of dreamed of. and that shows that people get it wrong, it shows that scientist can be wrong sometimes... dead wrong.

and yes what if vampires have tried reaching out to us? Like if a newly created vampire is lonely and wants, needs to tell someone about him/her so it can take the strain off them, but by the time they try to convince us, a fellow vampire or a coven member has told them the dangers and has convinced him/her vampire that they cant tell anyone or else? and then the lonesome vampire has simply agreed.

4) the last and most puzzling but true reason. Shouldn't we be finding ways to prove why they cant exist not ways to show they do? i mean there is more proof showing they do, from sightings and odd events and history staitments. There is no proof that they don't exist accept from the fact that there isn't any to show 100% that they do. so if anyone ever says they do not exist then ask them for the proof. I bet they cant show you any and never will. I don't know if we ever will know if they 100% do exist but look at the facts and the science of it all. we have prodigies, physics, and extraordinary people in this world which should be impossible so why not vampires?

Thanks for reading and i hope this helps

Bells.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VampireZio

are you really a vampire?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
There is another interesting thread to read for your research

Vampires get their teeth into US public

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
People can say that vampires don't exist but having done some reash on it. I respectfully diagree.
I mean look at Beth Bathroy.

bathory.org/shyla.html
www.trutv.com...

She drank Blood and to my knowledge she has never been proven to be dead. They say they sealed her in a wall in her home but that's not proof she actually died to me atleast.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think these are pretty interesting, and proof enough:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I think the medical condition is the most probable though.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nastalgik

Really, so you hunt the mythological creature that people talk about, or those who have done bad things and mimic the legends?

top topics

join