It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people ACTUALLY BELIEVE American MSM?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I asked a few people where they get their news?, and most said CNN. How can ANYONE ACTUALLY BELIEVE CNN? HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO IGNORANT? HOW CAN ANYONE BELIEVE MAINSTREAM MEDIA?

Weapons of Mass Deception

[edit on 12-5-2008 by thetruth777]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
CNN and fox are very useful news tools. you listen to what they have to say and then you believe the total opposite then you can be sure your right. its when you agree with CNN and FOX you need a lobotomy

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
In my opinion, people believe mainstream news because they are simply too stinkin' lazy to do any research on the stuff that the buffons on MSM babble! Many people take it for granted the what is said on tv, radio whatever is true...well we here at ATS certainly know different! The majority of ATSers are quite well informed, and do their homework...it is very impressive. Too bad the rest of America is so brainwashed and gullible to believe all that is said. If one has a computer, or access to one, it is quite simple to research various topics that involve one's life and get the truth.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
1) MSM doesn't ALWAYS lie, and so people assume that because they told the truth about one thing, they tell the truth about everything.
2) They don't know where else to look, and assume that everything they hear is true.
3) They don't know anything about history or politics or any of that, and so they don't recognize the lies when they are told.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's simple, we are incapable of believing nothing.

Therefore we will scan the patterns around us, looking for symmetry and contenuity. Repetition, and pattern. If that has all been manufactured, we may diverge in our false conclusions, but without the essential bits to discover the real pattern, we will all believe the wrong thing!

Here is a formula for successful advertising.

The X means multiply.

Number of exposures X duration of exposures X intensity of exposures.
That is the standard forumula. I add my own variant.
X the number of sources of exposure.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
1) MSM doesn't ALWAYS lie, and so people assume that because they told the truth about one thing, they tell the truth about everything.

Exactly - if the MSM lied all the time, then no one would watch and they'd be unable to spread disinformation.

The same goes for other news sources - now and again they need to provide us with the juicey bits of western hypocrisy in order to keep us watching.

It doesn't matter to them, if the story sells, the story sells.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I still watch MSM, but it's fun to point out the propoganda when I see it. Of course that pisses off people who don't buy anything I have to say, after all, who the hell am I?

Ever since I read my first David Icke book though, it's like all the news I see seems to fit into a bigger picture. Even when they are lieing. I can see through it, and see where that lie fits into the bigger picture.

One guy that I'm surprised they haven't shut down yet is Lou Dobbs. I've caught him in a few lies, but not too many. And the good he does by talking about the topics that he takes on, far outweighs any reservations I have about him.

new topics

top topics

join