It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Long As You Do Whatever I Say, You're Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What's with what we've been seeing lately?

It seems like everyone is making exceptions to our freedom, and when questioned, they'll usually say 'as long as you _________, you're free'.

'As long as you stay confined to these prison walls, you're free'.

Am I the only one noticing this among fellow Americans, or am I just tripping?

Here's the point, as long as you're not infringing on anyone else's life or freedom, it should be legal.

Any takers?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Rational anarchist here, so yeah, I'm totally with you. Do unto other as you would have them do unto you. I tried to elaborate, but I can't. Sentance #2 says it all.

Vas

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

No question you're exactly on the money here.

Freedom is merely an illusion. In essence we are a slave society.

Are you free to put whatever substance you want into your own body? Think about that. You don't even have control over what you may or may not consume!

Will you ever "own" your land or house? As long as you continue to be a tax-slave and pay your property taxes.

The list goes on and on...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
Rational anarchist here, so yeah, I'm totally with you. Do unto other as you would have them do unto you. I tried to elaborate, but I can't. Sentance #2 says it all.

Vas

right there with you. Warrior Soul!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by bigbert81

Are you free to put whatever substance you want into your own body? Think about that. You don't even have control over what you may or may not consume!

Well your right. BUT, (i assume your talking about drugs) I don't want meth heads or crack addicts walking around because they have the freedom to put anything in their body. I agree that if they want to abuse drugs, then let them however not when it is a danger to others. I haven't met a PCP addict yet who is calm and wants to stay to himself.

If your not talking about drugs, I apologize for misinterpreting you. Even alcohol could be a danger. I can sit down and drink a beer just like the next man and I love that right. I would be really mad if they took alcohol away, but we've all seen a bar fight take place. Legally the drunk peeps in the bar fight are allowed to be as drunk as they please but, they lost that privledge when they started being a danger to other people's freedom to sit in a bar peacefully and not get whacked.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Huh, cool video.

Yeah, this gets me so fired up, especially when I see ATSers here saying this crap.

'As long as you ___________ you're free'.

I think some people need to learn what freedom is.

I also hate it when other people say 'well, you're free compared to _______'.

Learn what freedom is, and that we no longer have it.

new topics

top topics

join