It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Pledges to Combat Climate Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

McCain Pledges to Combat Climate Change

www.johnmccain.com

PORTLAND, Oregon (Reuters) - Republican John McCain, differing sharply with President George W. Bush, said on Monday he would pursue mandatory U.S. curbs on greenhouse gas emissions if he wins the White House in November.

"The facts of global warming demand our urgent attention, especially in Washington," McCain told an audience at the Vestas Wind Technology plant in Portland, where he signed the blade of a giant wind turbine and chatted with service technicians.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.democraticunderground.com
news.yahoo.com
news.aol.com
feeds.reuters.com

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Smart old man in my oppinion, other than the fact that he wants to keep the troops in Iraq. Maybe he'll change his minds on his statements about Iraq before the elections as well, and maybe then he'll win the elections.

Will he bind America to the Kyoto Protocol? Well, that sounds more like a democrat thing, but McCain apparently only wants to win the elections.

www.johnmccain.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
the only thing he'll work on is lining his pockets and the further degrading
of our country,,,, how can people not see right through this idiot.

-e sings as a pow,,, at the least vets hate him because he won't help families conduct investigatiuons into pow/mia's. why not help them---in fact he's roadblocking them
why did he have is war records sealed forever,,,what's to hide???and he went way out his way to hide this

-he has an affair with a sugarmama,,,probably to further his political career,,,while he's out philandering his first wife is raising his 3 children as she did while hew was at war and a pow---real loyalty there

-he was part of the keating five----accepting bribes of free vacations and plane tickets in exchange of saving keating's butt which bankrupted many innocent hardworking people
and then he acts like he's all better because he passes legislation,,,supposedly good and solving his prior errors,,,,which many scholars say are worse and provide loopholes

he has 59 lobbyists donating or working for his campaign---he's a straight shooter my -ss!!!

-the future first lady stole drugs from her charity,,,drugs for suffering children,, that she decided to snort up her nose,,, and only because the dea was gonna pouncve and bust her,,, she runs on tv and ouyts herself like she's honorable
and mcCain hires great lawyers and says he had no clue----well i don't want a guy as president who can't even recognize his wife is high as hell and a drug addict!!!
-his own son dislikes him
-he voted against MLK jr day as a national holiday

ahh,,,my computer's accting up.....i'll add the rest later,,,,yet look already how terrible he is geez!!!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm certainly no fan of Republicans, but to be fair, some of the best leaders the world has ever had, have had some pretty bad vices.
Some of the worlds worst leaders were squeaky clean.

So, when choosing a leader, basing your opinion on their personal life is baseless.

However, seeing as McCain belongs to the same organization that has permitted and stood behind Bush as he has destroyed so many of the freedoms the US held dear... I can't see him restoring any of those freedoms.

Unfortunately, it's not likely anyone will.

Once a countries freedoms start being taken away, no matter how small or trivial. They will continue to be taken away. Each consecutive leader will likely state "My predecessor took this many freedoms away, so this little one is trivial."

The US needs an overhaul. It's a mockery of the free nations. I have met no-one in recent years from other free countries that will still acknowledge the US as a fellow free nation. Which is a pity, considering they used to be one of the leading examples.

I would suggest dividing the two parties into four, introducing another two independent parties, and placing heavy restrictions on the decisions a president is permitted to make.
President... it's not really a president anymore is it? It's more of a 4 year elected dictator.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Smart old man in my oppinion,

Don't be fooled.. Just political pandering to the more moderate democrats. At the moment, climate change is the last thing on anyone's mind. There's tough hurdles ahead for this planet and I think that climate change isn't at the top of the list.

McCain saying that was like Hillary's deserpation appeal to the right when she talked about obliterating Iran.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I am with you. This is just pandering for votes. He will continue to cut the large corporations breaks, just like the current administration. I would have to bet that his version of cutting emissions will be to impose some sort of tax on consumers, not on corporations.

Let's focus our efforts on real solutions instead of the band-aid fixes these guys are looking at.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
A kinder gentler republican. Feeding baby squirrels out his hand. Ya right. No talk of finally joining the Kiyoto treaty though. LOL. I've been saying this for years. We need a new, or two or three more new political parties.
The entire election process needs overhaul. The millions spent on drivel. It's sickening.

new topics

top topics

join