It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orgin of recent Chinese Quake: A plausible theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
China has really been rushing things militarily. China has been building a large underground Navy base by digging and extending large tunnels in underground Caverns. A large underground Submarine base is also part of this larger underground network.

Scientists will tell you that extensive digging can cause Earthquakes. Coal mining has been known to cause Earthquakes.

The location of this recent Earthquake's Epicenter is directly above the underground Cave network (right in-line with it). You can draw a straigth line from the Epicenter down to the location of the newly discovered Submarine base, which is part of larger underground framework for protecting the Navy against Nuclear counterstrikes.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Interesting, but where did you get this information? Wasn't the epicenter 500 miles inland?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Any sources to support your theory? Pics showing the approximate location of the submarine base in comparison to the location of the earthquake?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yeah it was, but the tunnels go well in-land. Not nearly 500 miles, but quite a ways. Coal mining can cause Earthquakes miles and miles from mining sites. The Earth works in mysterious ways. The Techtonic Plates rubbing against each other along fault lines potentially triggered by re-adjusting of the Earth's crust.

I'd have to study more about how the Earth could be and has been affected internally to cause such disturbances.

I'll maybe put some pics on soon ...this theory obviously couldn't be proved without substantial scientific intervention at the locations in question.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Not even close.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Read about the extensive underground Chinese cave network. These caves chain together for miles in places.

Any massive rock blasts can cause high energy waves through the tunnels.

Chinese Caves - An Introduction

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Post some links which substantiate your original claim:

Originally posted by jetxnet
The location of this recent Earthquake's Epicenter is directly above the underground Cave network (right in-line with it). You can draw a straigth line from the Epicenter down to the location of the newly discovered Submarine base, which is part of larger underground framework for protecting the Navy against Nuclear counterstrikes.

...and we might have something to discuss. Otherwise all you have given us so far is a link to a site about natural caves and some wild speculation.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Check this out. China had a huge Cave network completed for the military in the 1960s:

In preparation for the 09 deployments, the navy added base construction to its seeming endless list of requirements. In February 1966, Mao, ever concerned to protect the country’s defenses from air raids, urged the navy to “build more shelters” for its ships in man-made caves. “In building [such] shelters you do not have to adopt underwater operations,” he wrote. “You can begin by digging a vertical shaft just like the miners do. Then dig through the rock horizontally to let seawater in. After that, add a hardened cover over the shaft.” At this, the navy embarked on a search for a place where the nation “shelter its submarines.”

About two years later, Mao approved the navy’s choice of an inlet neat Qingdao. And ordered the building to commence. The navy immediately transferred several engineering regiments to work on the project’s first phase, and they proceded to remove 810,000 cubic meters of rock and to pour 200,000 cubic meters of concrete. The gigantic sea cave completed, construction crews then installed 17,000 pieces of equipment and laid 220 km altogether of pipeline, much of it related to maintaining nuclear power plants. By the mid-1970s, the concealed base was camoflauged and hardened against attack and made ready to receive the first nuclear boat, nulcear boat No. 401. In 1975, the navy authorized the North China Sea Fleet to form the Nuclear Submarine Flotilla.

To get a full review of China's massive underground Cave network:

Chinese underground military network

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
According to the info at the USGS, this quake happened in an area that is prone to earthquakes. They've had 8 quakes greater than 7.0M in the last 100 years, and over 100 smaller quakes (up to 6.0) since 1990.

Link

I have a hard time with the idea that this was anything other than a naturally occurring earthquake.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Man are you are pulling this "massive underground cave network" out of thin air? That article talks about a sub pen. I fail to see any mention of an massive network of caves.

You'll have to dig deeper than that to convince me.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
For everyone's information, China seems to have a special place in the OP's ignorant mind, ever since he joined ATS.

He is posting any anti-China related conspiracies, theories and fairy tales of whatever one can think of and trying to tell the world how evil China is,

Most annoying is that he is never being able to provide some credible reliable sources when asked.

One only can wonder what his motives are.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i donno i really think there is more to this chinese quake..
looking at the pictures.. it looks like a friggin bomb went off..
not saying it was a bomb but.. does anyone have any info as to how deep the quake was? i know it was a big quake but something in my stomach is telling me manmade...

remember this? www.abovetopsecret.com...

maybe that was a test run.. or maybe they fired up some kinda quake making machine.. can anyone dive into haarp and see what it was doing on the 3rd of may.. and what it was doing the day of the chinese quake?

area 51 is in nevada.. i hope i dont get killed for wondering about this if im right..

well what does everyone else think? that grid is clearly weird.. maybe it was just a test run of some super earthquake machine.. and heres the shocker. maybe the underwater quake that caused that tsunami a few years back in december was the first test of a machine.. i still think something unnatural was going on with that tsunami too.. maybe the vegas swarm was a little pre-test to the machines first real mission to be carried out on land which would be china.. there are obvious reasons the u.s or some other country might wanna do something like this to china.. i dont think it has anything to do with the olympics totally but i think it fits into the puzzle somehow.

also the food shortage.. and also china is quickly becoming one of the richest nations and they have alot of secrets and bargaining chips on other nations.. now.. im worried because.. if someone high up in china is thinking what im thinking. then.. id be on the look out for china to be sending some tainted goods out very soon. since everyone gets their stuff from them. i donno. i have no evidence all this im saying is pure speculation.. it sounds real real good tho dont it?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

China has really been rushing things militarily. China has been building a large underground Navy base by digging and extending large tunnels in underground Caverns. A large underground Submarine base is also part of this larger underground network.

Scientists will tell you that extensive digging can cause Earthquakes. Coal mining has been known to cause Earthquakes.

Interesting idea, but I doubt it is the reason.

Why did you not consider the impact of the Three Gorges Dam as a factor? Although it is also some way away, sure it would have an impact on plate tectonics somewhere?

Also, the extraction of oil from deep wells is believed by many in the industry to be a trigger for tectonic 'adjustments' - which sort of makes sense also.

But, there seems to be a build up of earthquake and volcanic activity over the years - which some link to sunspot cycles (and others to various govt conspiracies).

best

Duncan

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been talked about elsewhere on here, and this might deserve it's own thread,...but this is what I heard?

CERN LHC in Switzerland will be switched on July, 2008

CERN ‘Nailed Heart Of Earth’ With China Quake, Chilean Volcano

What Does It Mean.com
By: Sorcha Faal
May 13, 2008

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

The team of Russian Physicists who assisted in the construction of the Large Hadron Collider for the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), located in Switzerland, are reporting today that an experiment being conducted during the colliders ‘cool down’ phase has resulted in what they are calling an ‘antiquark spree’ that has, literally, “Nailed the heart of Earth”.

Working in conjunction with Chile’s National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT), these reports continue, CERN scientists, while attempting to establish a quark based means of near speed-of-light communications with other Western scientific and military installations, ‘lost control’ of this experiment on the South American ‘anchor’ triggering an ‘unexpected’ stream of antiquark’s which first ignited a massive volcanic eruption in Chile, and in a ‘straight shot’ through the entire planet has further triggered a catastrophic 7.8 magnitude earthquake in China.

Chile’s Chaiten volcano began its massive eruption nearly a week and half ago, and nearly two weeks to the date when Russian Scientists blamed CERN for destabilizing Earth’s orbit causing the returning capsule from the International Space Station to veer dramatically off course from its intended landing zone, and as we had previously reported on in our April 20th report, "CERN Experiment Said To Have Destabilize Earth Orbit".

So disastrous has Chile’s Chaiten volcano become that scientists are warning that ‘long-term environmental damage’ is being done to large portions of South America, and where the volcanic plume is covering large portions of the South American continent.

In central China, and which is the antipode (exact opposite) to Chile’s Chaiten volcano, the effects of the massive 7.8 magnitude earthquake in their country can only be described in the most catastrophic terms as the death toll is now over 8,500, with a further 900 students trapped in the rumble of their schools.

These reports further state that the past few days’ eruptions of Kamchatka's Karymsky volcano, and Italy’s Mount Etna volcano are further linked to these CERN experiments gone tragically wrong.

The direst warning of these reports, however, is the summation that states that these catastrophic events due to CERN’s experiments may not be finished as calculations of these antiquark’s paths through our Earth show an increased likelihood of catastrophic tectonic plate changes to both Central and North America.

This is especially worrisome, these reports continue, due to the North American ‘anchor’ to CERN’s quark based communication system, based at their highly secretive base named Area 51 in Nevada, causing over 5,000 earthquakes in that region in recent weeks.

To whatever the outcome of these latest CERN experiments will lead our World, it remains to be seen if these scientists can really play God without having the full instruction manual available to them

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Twiggie]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Oops... Nevermind. I did a little quick research, and just found the below regarding the author:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry if I impeded the thread.

Twig

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
*smiles sweetly*

Well, if what the OP says is true, we should probably stop calling it an earthquake and start calling it a tunnel collapse.

Something makes me think the OP didn't think things through properly here...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Actually Prominent scientists have linked the recent earthquake and volcanic activity to global warming.

The melting of ice is changing the weight distribution on the tectonic plates.

google search URL

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Large underground navy base? Thats not plausible at all for several reasons

1. A mining explosion or underground excavation gives of a different signatur on the richter scale, plus has a different logarithmic equation

2. Excavation will not produce a vibration to almost level an entire city. In fact a nuclear explosion wont either. Check out what REAL seimologists tested

The Israelis detonated three underwater packages of explosives, all at the same location (about 5 kilometers from Israel's Dead Sea shores) and depth (about 70 meters below the water surface). A 500-kilogram explosive was detonated on November 8, 1999, with an approximate magnitude of 2.6 on the Richter scale, and a 2,000-kilogram explosive was detonated on November 10, with an approximate magnitude of 3.5 on the Richter scale.
These first two tests were conducted largely to demonstrate that underwater explosions posed no danger to people, property, or the environment. The main test, a 5,000-kilogram explosive package, was set off on November 11, producing a 9-meter-high fountain of water and an approximate magnitude of 4.0 on the Richter scale. (By comparison, a 1-kiloton nuclear explosion would produce a magnitude in the range of about 4.0 to 4.5 on the Richter scale.)

3. You are most likely not a trained seismologist or have had any geological experience

When will people just accept the fact that it was an ordinary and unfortunant natural event.....not everything has to be a conspiracy

Sheesh!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Wasn't there a recent post on the quake destroying a large Chinese armory?

en.epochtimes.com...

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You can draw a straigth line from the Epicenter down to the location of the newly discovered Submarine base, .

I'm sorry, I don't buy it.....and you can draw a straight line between any two points.

top topics

join