It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Uk (Hope Of People Everywhere) Survivors Group

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What sort of a threat are you expecting to survive, a hangover or what?

There was a great short story years ago about someone that avoided the evacuation plans and hunkered down in their little place to survive the tragedy. They ended up living out their life in a dark dismal hole. Then the camera pulls back at the end of the show and you see this huge dome placed over an area with all sorts of people milling about in beautiful sunshine at a park. The camera zooms in to the sign and it says something about the encapsulation of some industrial accident and lists the people that died including those in the shelter.

Even though it is abundantly clear that nothing extraordinary is going to happen in 2012, it is fun to think that people are going to hunker down and form survival groups for the non-event.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
Starred and flagged.

Yellowstone's Super Volcano (approximate distance 500km away) might bring a decent sized earthquake, along with some ash

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Shrukin89]

are you kidding!!!??? 500km away from yellowstone??! Theres no way you could make it. first of all all the way to the east coast feet of ash will rain down on most of north america, and a gigantic earthquake will hit, not to count the thousands of 10.0+ wuakes the eart hwill experience on 95% of the surface

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pelos

People do need to start getting together, even if its just to share skills and advice, I'm a Geologist and have wondered around the British Isles on many occasions, this Island has no marks of complete destruction, some places show signs of past disasters, you only have to look into just how long this Island has been inhabited, many thousands of years.

There are places to go, places to survive, what people need is to learn how to hunt and survive off what we have here.

Air weapons are useful, I recently had one increased in power so I could hunt effectively.

My wife and I have spoken about this a lot, she is in agreement that there is a need for a plan to leave and find a place were we at least have a chance, we have even discussed friends and Family and came to the conclusion that we would not have time to try and persuade any of them to come with us, they live in their own little World.

People need to talk first and meet, and be realistic about what to do if they do decide to head into the boonies, not everyone can afford the means to just get up leave and be safe with shelter and the need to at least get over the toughest part which would be quite some time while they adjust.

That should not prevent anyone from wanting to be part of it, so forget about not being able to afford it, do it anyway, if people pull together then it can work, the way I see it everyone has something they could offer, a skill of some kind, cooking, hunting, building, sewing, there are a ton of things that are useful.

We keep an emergency box, filled with what we need to at least get set up, storing food right now is pointless, the waiting game could mean it becomes ruined before the need for it arises.

But with the means to kill your food it at least gives anyone a chance.

First though the need is to get people together just to see who we all are, nobody wants or needs to tag along with Megalomaniacs wanting to start a community they can rule.

Even if its just to set up a network to keep in contact, its an important first step.

I am certainly open to it.

edit on 2/10/2010 by azzllin because: To add that money should not be an obstacle

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mooradian

first of all all the way to the east coast feet of ash will rain down on most of north america, and a gigantic earthquake will hit, not to count the thousands of 10.0+ wuakes the eart hwill experience on 95% of the surface

How long do you think this amount of ash will take to fall? Will it happen in a year of eruptions or a decade or a century of eruptions?

For the USGS commentary on a docudrama about a large eruption at Yellowstone read
Supervolcano Docudrama on Yellowstone Volcano - Questions and Answers on Supervolcanoes, Volcanic Hazards

The depth and distribution from the largest eruptions at Yellowstone are given here:
Questions About Yellowstone Volcanic History

During the three giant caldera-forming eruptions that occurred between 2.1 million and 640,000 years ago, tiny particles of volcanic debris (volcanic ash) covered much of the western half of North America, likely a third of a meter deep several hundred kilometers from Yellowstone and several centimeters thick farther away

It seems you have overstated the extent and depth of the distribution of the volcanic ash. The map above shows that the ashfalls did not cross the Mississippi River.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hello, I live in the UK, Swindon.

I have a facebook page for [www.facebook.com...

I'm interested in finding people in the area, with the plan to create a survival group. My freinds think I'm crazy, but I think it is better to be prepared just in case.

Anyone interested, please get in touch with me, via my facebook page!

I would like to build a shelter in my garden! jajaja ... I know, I know ...
their are lack of funds (non), so everything needs to be done by ourself. I think that if we dig the whole garden could be enough for 4 people + supplies, but I need people with me that are willing to do the necessary research and put their own labour and expenses together with me.

Anyway, if anyone have any ideas, tips ...etc get in touch, the more we share the better.
:-)
Nicole

Please contact via Facebook
thank you

edit on 8-10-2010 by pelos because: did the link incorrectly

edit on 8-10-2010 by pelos because: did the link incorrectly

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

edit on 8-10-2010 by pelos because: repeat post

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
hi there , highly commend what you are trying to do. have sarted a group myselfwhich you are more than welcome to be a part of, but if you would rather start your own group,I have over thiry years of research which I am sure you will be able to put to good use. unfortunstely I am new to this forum so am unable to contact you on u2u messaging. but will do so when i have posted the required number replies. I think that you may be able to contact me on u2u, not sure. looking foward to hearing from you soon . keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth Templar

Hey Truth Templar, I'm with you on this one!

Since 1998 I have had the unignorable feeling of impending doom. Now, at the risk of sounding like a crazy, I'm not, maybe a little unhinged, but not crazy. It all started when I read Stephen King's The Stand. I suddenly thought that this could actually happen. Something, somewhere, somehow, is going to wipe out the majority of humanity, and only a few of us will survive. I'm going to be one of those survivors.

At first I thought I was a little mad, but the more I read, watched and learned, the more I realised that it's inevitable. If it doesn't happen through war, it'll be some kind of disease, if not that, it'll be Mother Nature's wrath. Either way, one way or another, man will eventually nearly destroy our planet, and there'll only be a few of us left to try to rebuild it.

Oh yeah, I'm out of the repopulation process though, I'm way too scared to ever get pregnant!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
definately interested in something like this, if there is a worldwide catastrophic event of any kind before on or after 2012 then we need to be prepared and our chances of survival are greatly increased if we have a contingency plan.

Im in the north of england near manchester so if there is anyone near here that would be helpful

moosevernel

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Okaaaay, so, I read through ALL of the posts and it looks like the majority of you were right, TT was a bit of a crazy! But until he started with his ramblings, it made sense. So he was a little extreme, lets tone it down. Most of us are aware that something is going to happen, sometime sooner rather than later, so why not lets keep in touch and share our thoughts and the likes, and try not to let it take over?

I'm just quite happy to see that there are other like-minded people who aren't going to judge me for my beliefs, my husband thinks I'm daft...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm new to this, are there any recent posts on this? i'm also in the uk and beggining to worry from what i've read myself........

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hi,
wow.................
i have been looking into this whole idea and yes like most peoples posts on here i have
had a feeling, something i cant describe or get away from, that soon, don't know when, but something bad IS
going to happen in my lifetime.
I have 3 YOUNG children and im, to be completely honest, (crapping it).
do i sit tight and just hope nothing will happen, and if it does, be here holding my family tight till we all
die.
or try to make plans and preperations, at the cost of my family, become a laughing stock 2 my friends?
I DONT KNOW.
its not the fact that i dont belive 2012 and the enigma surrounding it, its just how?
there r only a certain amount of different disasters u could prepare for, it could be anything that happens.
im not prepared to enter a cult that feeds one persons desire to rule others.
i want to avoid these people as much as 2012 itself.
i do tho, want to have a plan, some sort of back up, just incase.

a group is definatly NOT a bad idea, im open to finding like minded people, who
for the sake of there family, dont want to be another person/family crying and hysterical because
they were completely oblivious, or too narrow minded to accept what was going to happen.

im going to keep cheaking this thread and im in south uk, if someone wants to talk we shall start here
and maybe progress to a small survival group one day...................................

to the rest of yous, stay safe.....................................

peace to mankind.

UKDRUID.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pelos

Hello ,
Im here in The USA,New York area...I have been reading these posts now for a number of days......Thinking of how this could and can be all true.,There is no reason why it couldnt happen.?
Ive have been reasearching many areas of the "Strange" ,from books,dvd's,events,etc... On a whole,
Im glad to see people trying to stay alive...I too would like to start a "Under Ground" alive group. Im not
saying sell your home-sell your Suv,-etc... Put enuff stuff for you,or who ever is with you aside. You can get most of the items cheap from local sites,Example: Ebay...Gear,suits,masks,water filters,gps,etc...local surplus centers.More and more ,this idea is getting "Realastic" (im not out here to put any idea into peoples heads,but to maybe become an stick pin on a map here in the states for people)
Take aprox;25.00 a week stock up,wisely..
My back ground is *Construction - *Private security,both areas will come in handy in post area living,if there is-or-will be. Take care-and- God bless

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aus1951

Hello,
Are you willing to work together here with a New York, 2012 person. Im trying to get together a group here same as you people are trying to do. I know we are not: rich-full of man power,etc.. but im sure we can do something.?
Stocking up,getting geared up,learning. by the time we know it ....the time is going to be here..!
I found out from a fellow person here(local) I have from him maps of buildings which have fall out shelters in it from time long ago. such: schools...! when the time comes "Know Of places to go to with deep underground areas".. and so on.................. Keep up the good thoughts!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hello,
I'm part of a small, UK based, student production company who find the subject of 2012 very interesting. As a result we are looking for any 2012 believers who would be willing to participate in a documentary, exploring their beliefs of what will happen and how they are preparing for it.

This could be a unique opportunity to let others hear your opinions, and of course, you will receive a copy of the finished product for your personal use.

If anyone is interested, or is a member of a survival group which would be willing to take part, we would love to hear from you!

You can contact us via our documentary website: 2012 Documentary
Or alternatively, take a browse at our research website: Research site

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hello,

I'm a french journalist preparing a report on the end of the world in 2012. I'm trying to contact members of survival groups in Europe. I would like to talk with them on the phone. Could you please contact me : mkerfriden@magnetotv.com

Thanks!

Marianne

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth Templar

Hi thank you for your honest and frank descriptions of what we face it is a daunting truth but if this helps my family survive then i welcome it. Please can you send me any and all relevant info i live in liverpool in the uk and would very much like to begin preparing for this event.

yours hopefully mr john glover

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Hi i am very interested in your statements please feel free to contact me with any and all info on survival groups and the locations of safe areas. Lets hope we can all pull together and begin to see the danger of not acting on this issue.

yours respectfully john

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
for starters any true survivalist will tell you groups no bigger than three spead out no elderly no children/babies
noone with any illness that requires medication ergo
the kind of cold heartless person who would survive his senario is exactly the sort of person who should not be allowed to survive!
PLEASE LOCK THIS THEAD BEFORE IT GIVES ANYMORE UNSTABLE PEOPLE IDEAS

edit on 5/4/11 by shemalealy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaSignal7

how funny, Ive recently spoken to 3 other film makers who are making documentaries on this...i have been considering putting a small film together myself...very interesting subject, although I doubt you will get anything from the op as he hasn't logged on since 2009 or something so not here anymore...

good luck with the doc

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join