It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT - Alleged Hoaxer (2008 Phoenix Lights) Story Debunked!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hello everyone at ATS who is interested in this latest 'Phoenix Lights' Episode...

There has been a lot of controversy over whether or not the alleged Hoaxer's story might have been physically possible in the first place.

There have been many threads debating the issue, two of which I've participated in heavily.

It came to the point where after doing the Math, I didn't think there was enough lift in the largest sized commercially available balloon (36 inch diameter, or 3ft diameter latex balloon) to lift a 363 gram (lightest weight available) road flare.

I did the experiment, and found that I was right.

It looks very much like the Hoaxer was lying.

Here are the results of the test:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the interest of keeping all of the data on this case together, please post your comments in the existing thread. This is simply an Alert to let folks (especially those who haven't already read the currently active 6 page thread) know that the case has been subjected to testing, and that the results are in.

-WFA

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Thank you for going through the trouble of doing the experiment. It makes me feel better about sending the youtube links to people then hearing the flare excuse.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by AvidWatcher]

join