It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is fake!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whitesatan

I didn't say they dropped off because of your beliefs. I said you were in trouble with ats/bts and I know it was in reply to my message because you couldn't come back at me with a civil argument. You call me a retard yet you are the one claiming that you didn't say certain things even though your posts show otherwise. If God is fake to you, then he's fake to you. There's no need to bring it up to ats/bts. All it's doing is ruining your reputation on ats/bts. It's one thing to not believe in God but to argue your reasons for it is what's causing your dislike. I have an athiest brother and the two of us have discussions and debates all the time and he has a legitimate reason and good argument for not believing in God. Science is his religion for lack of a better term but he doesn't claim that big bang or evolution are fact.... they are theory just as religion is. Religion=theology Theory=educated guess. Do you see the common link between theology and theory? The prefix, "theo".

Theory: an untested idea or opinion. an unproved assumption.
Theology: study of divine things or religious truth.

Strange thing though. The prefix of the two words, "theo" actually means "God".

Etymology: Middle English theo-, from Latin, from Greek the-, theo-, from theos : god : God

If that doesn't raise a red flag for you, I don't know what will.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

I have had major computer problems for the past month and have be offline since my last post over a month ago. I apologize unreservedly for any inconvenience it has caused anybody.

jimmyjackblack I also apologize unreservedly directly to you for my extremely late reply and I hope you to can forgive me for this transgression and yes I humbly accept your apology. I also understand that you may not veiw this thread again but I feel I must refute a few points you brought up.

Explanation: I posted and I quote "2ndly thanks for the explanation for it raises some points I would love to debate. For example A) GODS The Editor in Chief of his Book and is responsible for its upkeep. He also owns copyright and this should ensure the veracity of its truth. so why would he let the word "rah/ra" be translated as "evil" (clearly a moral concept) instead of "natural disaster"

And you replied and I quote "Lol, you can't be serious right? We're talking about Ancient Text, not Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or Steven Kings works. We're talking about people who are writing about God, God Himself did not right anything at all in the Bible, people who experienced God wrote about what they had experienced. Some things like the book of Genesis are
stories about how the earth came into existance, something God probably told people. You should read the Book of Enoch or 1Enoch, it's pretty interesting to say the least."

And my refute. Look IMO its either the profound word of GOD dictated by YHVH and 100% accurate OR its the highly fallible word of imperfect men and is therefor NOT 100% accurate. I suggest that if the Bible is fallible its followers are misguided to the extent of those fallibilities!

2ndly I posted and I quote "and B) it isn't obvious at all in my opinion and could mean either or both. Next is C) if you look it talks about opposites (light and dark) and I suggest war is the opposite of peace and this again goes to his morality!"

And you replied and again I quote "On the contrary, peace is not always the opposite of war, if you look you see that there is no other moral mentions in the text. The Oposite of peace can be, calamity, chaos, noise, strife and many others that I can't think of, peace is not specific to morality, that is an American language judgment and you must understand these text are not written in english, but in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, Chaldean, different words mean different things to these ancient peoples and only by looking in other text can we come up with a proper gage of inference to understand them some times, I research many ancient text to learn, not just about spiritual matters, but many things, so when I read something I look all around the text to find a good inference gage."

And my response. I agree that the opposite of peace is more than just war ( a rose by any other name is but just as sweet!) and yes I do understand that these texts have been Translated but I do feel translations try to convey as much of the original meaning as possible regardless of cultural or time differences and again GOD's hand should ( WAS ie Omnipresence and
Omniscience) of been present when these translations were occuring and could easily of influenced them appropriately(Omnipotence).

continued next post >

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Continued from previous post ...>

The potential fact that you seem to be presenting ie the bible was not penned by GOD (your words not mine!) seems consistent with the flawed bible I know.

3rd and finally I posted and I quote "And finally D) if it does refer to natural disasters do you think he is so moral after the most recent cyclone disaster in Burma/Myanmar or the earthquake in China with so many lives (especially children) lost! Also I don't believe you can divorce morality from nature! Care to refute."

And you replied and I quote "When sin entered the world it brought about many bad things (diesease, death, destruction ect.) and Satan is the God of this world since we sinned. In the Old Law, God did not have grace for us, we had to earn it, but God's plan was to bring us a Saviour (Yeshua) so we can have grace and salvation, God no longer punishes us in that manner as
He did in the Old Law."

And my refute. So your telling me that GOD brought natural disasters down upon the garden of eden long before Satan ruled the world and that since that fruity business with the tree of knowledge of good and bad when Satan gained control of the world that since he is in control of the world he is control of all natural disasters since (and conversely that GOD isn't in
control!)...does this mean he caused Noahs flood??? What about the 7 plagues of Egypt? shall I continue to hack away with Occams razor?

Personal disclosure: I again direct you to my 1st post to you which is very top post of the 2nd page of this thread.

P.S. Pastor Jesse Duplantis once said "the Bible does not make sense. It makes faith!" and I agree with him fully on this matter.

Become totally disillusioned and finally see everything for real. Think Globally Act Locally Feel Internally.DENY IGNORANCE 1st.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This BS is still going on? This kid is a circular argument. I stepped in on this page on page 2 and realized amlost instantly that he lies and doesn't read what you actually say.

what he's doing is saying (God's false ) yet he can't prove that like we can't prove he's real, so you see it's an (agenda). And since he's a little ass kid his brain hasn't reached full maturity yet so stay out of this thread.

the 50 proofs website is from men with an agenda who take passages out of context and use it to fool stupid people who have little faith if any, and satan uses this to change believers into nonbelievers.

Test a soul by their sincerity in post, if they seem sincere respond, if not like whitesatan then realize it's a circular argument coming.

this thread should be locked.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I cannot believe BOTH sides of this argument. OP...you haven't proven God or Allah or Isis or ANYONE doesn't exist. It's pretty much impossible to prove he doesn't exist.

The peopel fighting back...You haven't proven God or Allah or anyone DOES exist. Why would you fall for this bunk? People fell for this trollish behaviour. He's a waste of time. Let it be and go on with your faith. Don't force your faith on others but live your truth.

Oh and btw...most people who claim a high IQ...or claim their intelligence usually aren't as smart as they claim.

Sad...Why can't people just live on their own lives for goddess sake?

-Kyo

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just because there's a few contradictory quotes in the bible or wherever you got this from doesn't mean God isn't real. I'm (not completely) Christian, so I believe in God. You're entitled to your beliefs, but please don't just run out and scream God isn't real when you can't be 100% certain of that fact yourself. If you believe in your heart of hearts that God isn't real then congrats you're an Athiest. But the way you've your argument in this thread makes me feel like you're trying to press on everyone else here that God doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You can believe in what ever you want. I will not make you change your beliefs. If you have faith, thats great. Just thought you should know what faith means. Faith is belief that is not based on proof.
so im not saying Jesus was not born. Im saying the concept of God is fake. People have said God will get rid of the devil and get rid of all evil in the world.
I asked the guy who said this why doesnt he do it know. He was speechless. He had no answer. So have faith in whatever you want but be able to back it up, which will be very hard to do because faith is belief that is not based on proof.
I do believe the bible can be true but it is a book of history not about God. It is a book that the apostles wrote in so we could have a sense of who our ancestors were.
We learn from our history so that we may not make the same mistakes as they did.
They had faith in God. We should learn from that mistake and move on. Apparantley some people can't.

It seems people have had a little to much to drink.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I dont postulate or theorize there is a God. I know.
Not from a book or word of mouth.
Not from going to church or chanting.
Not from pondering the larger picture, or listening to others.

When you hear the voice, youll know this is true. You will question yourself, and perhaps your very sanity. Doubt may set in. A psychological experience? or a paranormal phenomena?

Think of the most blind sided experience you have ever had. An unexpected visit, and a revelation in the greatest order. It is undeniable to the receiver, and unbelievable to the doubter. Do you believe in yourself?

When you hear the voice, the blankets come off and the Dogma evaporates. The intervention in your life that seemed unbelievable, becomes undeniable

The Magnificent unseen, becomes real, and when one looks at history, and hears the multitude of ways in which God sends his word to the prophets, no longer will you wonder. You will know. A narrow journey to be sure.
A road less traveled.

Every person reading this, has access to the entrance of the path. Not every person will journey.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
I dont postulate or theorize there is a God. I know.
Not from a book or word of mouth.
Not from going to church or chanting.
Not from pondering the larger picture, or listening to others.

When you hear the voice, youll know this is true. You will question yourself, and perhaps your very sanity. Doubt may set in. A psychological experience? or a paranormal phenomena?

There are "Houses" peopled with individuals who know they are Napoleon, Caesar, Jesus...

They all hear voices and they all know.

I now understand why the book is called "The God delusion"!

There is a difference between knowing and believing.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zedda Piras

To Adam he spoke by a voice in the garden " upon a wind of the evening;" to some of the patriarchs by immediate intuition; to Abram by inward utterances, by angelic appearances, and by the vision of a smoking furnace and a burning lamp; to Jacob as an awful presence in the intense agony of prayer; to Joshua as the captain of the Lords host; to his chosen people by Urim and Thummim and by dreams, and above all by the voice of his prophets.

For a 400 year pause nothing more was heard.

Then came Jesus.

When I said,

The Magnificent unseen, becomes real, and when one looks at history, and hears the multitude of ways in which God sends his word to the prophets, no longer will you wonder. You will know. A narrow journey to be sure.
A road less traveled.

Every person reading this, has access to the entrance of the path. Not every person will journey.

I meant every word of it.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

To Adam he spoke by a voice in the garden " upon a wind of the evening;" to some of the patriarchs by immediate intuition; to Abram by inward utterances, by angelic appearances, and by the vision of a smoking furnace and a burning lamp; to Jacob as an awful presence in the intense agony of prayer; to Joshua as the captain of the Lords host; to his chosen people by Urim and Thummim and by dreams, and above all by the voice of his prophets.

For a 400 year pause nothing more was heard.

Then came Jesus.

When I said,

A road less traveled.

I meant every word of it.

Peace

Of course you meant every word of it.

I used to be sure that Father Christmas came down every chimney in the world at the stroke of Midnight.

"A) I can call Spirits from the Vasty Deeps..

B) Why, so can I and so can any man,
but do they come when you call for them?"

I particularly like the Klingon creation myth... God created the first man - a great warrior. He then created woman for him.
Together their hearts beat so loud, God felt fear for the fist time.
The first man and woman killed god, because he was too weak. Ask a Klingon about "gods" and they will dismissively say, "They are more trouble than they are worth".

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Klingons? :shk:

When you meet God, you KNOW He's real. (You won't pull His beard off, either.)
The supernatural is BEYOND superficial, 3D, reality.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Exactly the same as the Klingons, the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus...
When you meet them you KNOW they are real.

Have you met any yet?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zedda Piras

Originally posted by Clearskies

Exactly the same as the Klingons, the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus...
When you meet them you KNOW they are real.

Have you met any yet?

If you greet a man who is blind and you do not touch him, has he met you?

No matter the answer, of ( have you met any yet ? ) you may still not believe.

What good does it do for any man to answer if they have seen and the one asking will not believe?

Why does the unbeliever even ask in the first place if they do not wish to receive the answer?

Then ask, why do some of us as witness spend any time here telling what we know?

Gospel of Thomas

Jesus said, "What you will hear in your ear, in the other ear proclaim from your rooftops. After all, no one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, nor does one put it in a hidden place. Rather, one puts it on a lampstand so that all who come and go will see its light."

The revelation of God unto every person is a personal experience to each their own.

Peace

[edit on 8-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If you greet a man who is blind and you do not touch him, has he met you?

Of course he has met me.

Next time we meet he will recognise my voice and my smell.

Have you ever spoken to a blind man on this issue?

The revelation of God unto every person is a personal experience to each their own.

Which God would this be?

If it is a personal experience, why don't you keep it personal?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I have met many a blind individual, some of which who are friends.

But one in particular, stands out as a testimony unique and personal.

A gentleman I met, told me he was blind for 7 years.
He heard a voice in which he recognized it to be the Holy Spirit.
He repeated the words of the voice that came to him,
and he is sighted this day.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If you meet a blind person then yes he has met you.
My drum teacher is blind. He knows me very well even though I only have a lesson with him once a week. He is on a first name basis with all of his students. He teaches how to play 27 instruments and can actually play 32. I would trust a blind man more than someone who believes in God. He is a better teacher because he is blind. He may not be able to see but he sure can hear. Aout 20 times better than you.
He doesn't believe in God but he does believe that any one who believes in God is wasting their time.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitesatan
I would trust a blind man more than someone who believes in God.

There are some who see who do not see,
and hear, yet do not hear.

34 Jesus said, "If a blind person leads a blind person, both of them will fall into a hole."

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I have met many a blind individual, some of which who are friends.

But one in particular, stands out as a testimony unique and personal.

A gentleman I met, told me he was blind for 7 years.
He heard a voice in which he recognized it to be the Holy Spirit.
He repeated the words of the voice that came to him,
and he is sighted this day.

Peace

Every blind chicken deserves a piece of corn...

Joking apart, people may say they hear voices and witness supernatural events.
Unfortunately people lean towards these delusions.

If God exists then He is just and will not privilege any individual above anybody else.
No individual miracles no personalised revelation, if God does it for one He must do it for all.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join