It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Fired Today, For My Bumperstickers!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeus187
Im with JP up there ^^ the stickers are harmless, even if the daycare clients saw them i dont think they could say much, afterall if they cared that much about what their children were exposed to theyd home school em right?

[edit on 13/5/2008 by Zeus187]

Homeschooling is easier said than done. Not only are their certain rules for every state, etc... a lot of people don't have the means to homeschool. I want to be a SAHM, but I just cannot. Not in today's world, nowadays both parents need to work. I need to get a job here soon and I dread leaving my son... putting him in a daycare center... I hate it. At the same time though I know the social interaction with other children will benefit him immensly. He loves playing with his cousins(even though they are older and he tries to follow them even though he can only crawl... or looks so disapointed when they have a toy but won't play with him with it... but they are learning as well how to play with him.)

I also showed my SO those bumper stickers and he said that if he ever saw those stickers on a car at a daycare where our child went he'd pull our son and raise hell with the daycare. I hate to say it but I agree with him... it'd make me do a double take and wonder what kind of place I was leaving my son in.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Dude, you pissed off the redneck republicans with those stickers. You could have been shot! Your lucky you only lost your job.

Hmmm...

Where are you from?

Is that your picture in your avatar?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

WHat i would like to know is how your car accumulated that much rust being as far south as you are. Im about 100 miles north of the great lakes and they dump tens of thousands of tons of salt in winter here. While we have a few rust buckets up here i would not expect to see that so far south. I have been across the states and the rust on my vehicle has turned many a head when i go south.

You were fired because the lack of care for your automobile and poor choice of decals. How you present yourself projects an image to others as to what your lifestyle is, this includes your car. If i were to just look at your car and not meet you i would assume the worst. Your back seat has a bunch of junk in it, the seats are stained, the car is pretty rusty and you can tell its hardly been washed, many of your stickers are faded and adds tot he ugliness factor, and while im all for free speech and while i think bumper stickers are ok, too many of them just scream weirdo. I would have instantly have thought by just the look of your car that it might be from a trailer park or a ghetto.

Not saying its bad to be from those kinds of places but consider this, people who bring their kids to daycare pay a lot of money to do so and are usually inthe upper middle class range. These people, especially the women, are very snobby. They only usually associate with those from their social class, their suburban neighborhoods, or their places of employment. Alot of daycares kjnow this and they will do anything to keep their clients. Ask any upper middle class folk who bring their kids in to that daycare what they think of your car and instantly they would question the daycare as to what kind of people they hire. This is all without having met you but just seen your car. You are judged on more than just on how you act or dress. Instantly someone would think that a poor, gay, pro pedophile person that has anti establishment ideas will be spending all day with their child. This would scare most suburbanites to death.

Society is teaching people to be afraid of the wind.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Parking at a daycare center with the word "pedophile" written on your bumpersticker...and then calling "conspiracy" for not being welcome?

I dont know.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I do not believe its a conspiracy against you, simply arrogant people who couldn't understand your political joke. So they just took your child rapping bumpersticker a bit to seriously. In addition what is your sexual orientation anyway?

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
for those who say that people don't joke about pedo's you should watch the family guy star wars video. in that the old man loves the young luke and it's also used alot in the tv show on fox. people get laughs from pedo jokes on television. But I think it's understandable on a day care center.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
WHat i would like to know is how your car accumulated that much rust being as far south as you are...

Weather here, excluding a few short months in the fall and spring, tends towards the extremes. In the summer it is blistering hot and humid, while in the winter it is bitter cold.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
When I started reading your post I was really concerned that you had lost a seriously high paying job, like about 30+ dollars an hour, for a simple political sticker, so I was wrong on both counts. Instead you have a minimum wage daycare job and was fired because you have the word pedophile on your car. DUH, I wouldn't be caught dead with a sticker like that on my car let alone working at a day care center. Definitely don't take them to court, you simply aligned yourself with pedophiles and not only would I probably have fired you but if I was in a jury I would have no qualms about deciding against you.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ya' should have just removed the bumperstickers.
I removed mine when i went to work in a pre-school.
(and they didn't talk about sexual things like predators).

It's a business and customers take offense.
I'm with the daycare on this one. Sorry.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Few things you do not really want to do and one is make jokes about pedofiles in a day care center eh? That goes the same for a pediatric hospital as well. I have had a nurse kiced off the transport team because he made a pedofile joke at a refering hospital.

Its simply not done

That sort of mentality is the reason you cant say bomb in an airport.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Gotta side with the day care here as well.

Personally I would not send my child to a daycare where I saw a car such as yours parked out front.

Sure most people may realize it's a joke, but many won't. Sorry to say it but you really had this one coming.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
HBT, Jeez poor you. Looks like you got yourself some daycare nazis there.
Although I understand how you feel Im not surprised that you pissed them off. I think your bumper stickers are awsome but they are kind of offensive. Plus with all those stickers your car sticks out like a soar thumb. Hahaha!! I can just Imagine these motherly types seeing your car and freak'n out, it just gives them an excuse not to like you. It sucks that they fired you eventhough you offered to cover them up, thats not cool. They could of gave you another chance. Although who would want to work with women like that, I think someone like you would be better off staying away from people like that, all they will do is just judge and gossip I hate that s**t!! They probably like to watch Dr. Phil

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I can see your point regarding putting your thoughts on your car via bumper stickers. I understand that your GOP sticker had nothing to do with the support of paedophiles. Regardless, as so many others have stated, you have to be careful what you say - joke about - etc. in certain situations.

You wouldn't put a sticker on your suitcase that said "Da Bomb" before going to the airport.

This being said, I have a magnet on my car that is a yellow question mark - and it says "Question War". I live on an army base. I am pushing it a bit - but everyone knows its MY car - not my military husband's car. Thus its not parked at his office. I am seen as the rogue army wife - but it doesn't affect his work environment.
I'm sure you "get" the difference.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hot you are fighting the apex of American PC.

You are up against the three most powerful words in America today, "For the Chidren"

you have pushed the button on one of the biggest hotbutton topics in the U.S. of A.

I fund it amusing to say the least, just shows how ignorance and turning a blind eye is rampant everywhere;

Just remember..........

"perversion is in the eye of the beholder"

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm kinda amazed in this thread the amount of people implying that they know it is a joke, but they still would not send their kids to the day care...Pure hypocrisy of the highest order that.

It comes coupled with that time honoured phrase '...as a parent.'

As a parent what?

As a parent you lose your sense of humour? As a parent you distrust anyone who appears to not be part of the status quo?

It drives me nuts...

The amount of people who say to me that they can't believe I'm a teacher based on how I dress out of work, the music I listen to and the clubs I go to amazes me, and it's usually followed by '...I don't think i'd be happy if you were teaching my kids...'

What the hell do they know? They have these fancy notions of knowing best when more than often they not NOT know best. The THINK they know best, but all they really know is that they want to be seen to be doing what they percieve is the right thing for their kids.

I would be happy for a child of mine to go to day care where someone has that bumper sticker on. It shows they are human. It shows they have a sense of humour. It shows they are not part of the damned machine that we all claim to hate so much on here.

Judging by this thread we are not as against the system as we thought and I am bittery bitterly disappointed.

If some of you spent one day with me at work you probably have a heart attack because of some of the jokes we tell one another.

I'm saddened by some of the attitudes and double standards by people here.

I once wore the T Shirt Hell 'School Shootings Tour' T shirt for a work night out. No-one was offended! We have brains, we understand humour.

Rant over.

MSP

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Considering you were meant to be in a responsible position in which children will look up to you, I'm hardly surprised they fired you for those bumper stickers.

I wouldn't consider them a good example, I'd consider them infantile and the object of someone out to cause trouble.

Most people keep their opinions to themselves unless asked, not parade them around everywhere that person goes.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Wow. the things people don't understand.

if i owned a daycare, i would have fired you to. it is not about you, it is about protecting the business, and the other jobs it creates.

i, for one, don't put bumper stickers on my car. and you will notice that most people who are "achievers" don't have them, either (yeah, i can think of a couple of examples that are contrary). it is best to keep your politics private, just like the "old timers" always said. then you won't feel "targeted" for inappropriate content being displayed in your employers parking lot.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Hot you are fighting the apex of American PC.

You are up against the three most powerful words in America today, "For the Chidren"

you have pushed the button on one of the biggest hotbutton topics in the U.S. of A.

I fund it amusing to say the least, just shows how ignorance and turning a blind eye is rampant everywhere;

Just remember..........

"perversion is in the eye of the beholder"

you can choose to scream at the wind, or you can deal with the reality.

Life is like a video game. you cannot overcome the rules. you just have to figure out how to succeed in spite of them.

the sooner people figure that out, the sooner they can find success in life. i don't comprimise my free spiritedness. But i also realize that it is useless to ask the world to conform to my world view, and i will gain more ground by "playing by the rules."

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
ignore\

\i don't know what happened but my quote didn't work

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
Judging by this thread we are not as against the system as we thought and I am bittery bitterly disappointed.

If some of you spent one day with me at work you probably have a heart attack because of some of the jokes we tell one another.

I'm saddened by some of the attitudes and double standards by people here.

MSP

WHOA! I was totally unaware that as a member of abovetopsecret.com that I had to be "against the system". Huh?

Also, after reading what everyone has written here I'm trying to figure out where the double standards you spoke of are. Please quote them for me!

I'm not being combative - I'd just like some clarification.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join