It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

encounters in my lifetime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
this forum isin't to discredit or prove what im saying.
im just throwing all of the things iv'e seen in my lifetime.
most of these encounters took place in Maine (surprisingly)
im not going to include my most recent one, since its been so heavily discredited.

River Creature:
this happened when i was about ten years old, i live right next to the Penobscot river, the largest river in Maine. there is a place called the Salmon Club which is right on the rivers edge on a high hill. i had rode my bike up there to watch the river (like i had normally done) and it was unusually high for the end of the summer. it was about 1:00 in the afternoon and i was inspecting the river and there was some strange "thrashing" going on near the mouth of a waterfall near there. the creature rose from the water abruptly and kind of jerked its head around.
it was greenish blue and had odd long hair around its neck/head and a large amount of discoloration in the, what i would assume, eye area. it was roughly 40-60 ft long. i had watched it for about 20 mins. but i only got that one clear look at it.

The "WHHHHHAAAAAP"
when i was 12 i had gone hunting with my dad. we were hunting along powerlines at about 6:00 in the morning. we were in a very remote area up in the boonies (the allagash) it's has alot of mountains near it and woods that haven't been fully explored, except by the people that hunt there. as we were walking my dad whispered for me to stop, and he pointed up the large hill we were climbing, and there was a large black figure moving around. my dad said "black bear" and we started going back a little bit to go back down the trail we had gone up to get to the powerlines and there was a ear peircing " OOOOWHAPPP" and my dad told me to get down with him, i looked back up the hill and there was the black figure again, standing upright, basically like a Biped, about 7 ft tall from what i can recall. my dad took out his gun and fired a shot, the creature jumped, not like in the air, but it jerked, lime you would if you were avoiding a punch. then he took aim and it walked up the hill slowly, we then left.

"Black Fly"
this is a short one, i was about 7 0r 9 and we were on our way up to madawaska (waaaaay north) it was during the summer. i saw it at about midday and we were about an hour away from madawaska on a rural road. i was looking out the window in the sky and an enormus black thing with wings flew through the sky. it basically looked like a Gigantic crow, like, absolutely enormus.

Swamp Monster:
this occured when i was 5 i remember it the most clearly out of all of my encounters. i was bored and i wanted a pet, so i went down by this large swamp that is near my home. i was sitting on the bank looking for frogs or snakes, turning over rocks and such. it was a beautiful spring day, it was april vacation. eventually i got tired and sat on a log near the bank and just watched the water and the birds. suddenly on the other side of the swamp there was a large green mass, moving slowly through the water towards shore. this thing was massive, not like an average turtle massive about 4 feet long and 5 feet tall. when it reached the shore it stopped then it started to slowly move up onto the bank. it kind of waddled side to side, almost like how Egor would move. it basically looked like the swamp things child, no joke. i diddnt stick around, i left when it stopped moving and turned around towards the water.

and thats basically it, and input would be cool

Deny Ignorance

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wow. Youv'e obviously had your share of cryptid sightings in your lifetime.

"and that's it." Boy oh boy, If I had seen half of that stuff I'd go mad with exitement and amazement.

River Creature: 40-60 ft. long!?!? I could understand this thing if it were four feet, maybe, but this sounds like a big one.

OOOWAAP: I don't exactly know what this could be but was the sound high pitched or low or kinda like an owl? That'd help.

Swamp Creature: Hmm. Doesn't sound too big and could be an overgrown mudskipper or turtle. Snapping turtles can be like five feet and I'd freak if I saw one covered in algae.

Giant Bird: Some estimation as to size? Possibly compare it to something? That would help me get a grip on this thing.

Interesting stories. I consider myself lucky to see a gopher in my backyard but you... you're lucky.

BTW: You posted the one about the black figure on my thread "Report Your Sightings Here." Could that be the same animal as the WHHAAPP?

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Trash can]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I say move on and quit worrying about your past and worry about now.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I been to the Penobscot River many times. Its a narrow, shallow, fast moving river. There is no way something 40-60 ft long can live there. I believe that it is also dammed along the way. Its a popular tourist spot, so if there was something that large in the river it would have been seen before.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JakeyLikesKAkey

I'm not going to say you have a vivid imagination as I suspect but I will give you a bit of advice.

You seem to want to get attention here and that's fine but I think you'd grow into a better OP if you spent more time reading and responding for awhile. You have zero credibility right now and telling such stories won't help even if by chance they are truthful. Gain some knowledge and understanding of the site and how people react to you before making claims that are likely to be dismissed immediately.

JMO

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
jbondo: i respect your opinion, and understand what your saying, but i dont really care that my claims are dismissed, i just wanted to get these out there for any cryptid hunter anxious to learn of new things.

T-can: the giant bird had a wingspan of about the lenth of a horse, the body was roughly the size of a cow. as for the river creature, the only reason im coming up with such a size is because i was on a very high hill away from the river, but i could see it fairly clearly. the OOOWAP couldent possibly be maligg, it was much farther west of my home town, and that would mean that he has been following me my entire life. the sound it made was monotoned not high not low.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Really? That bird is huge!

The only birds I've heard of that are that big is the legendary 'Roc' which is a huge eagle that apparently picked up livestock in its talons. The size of this thing makes me believe it could do the same.

Remember a while ago there were those huge birds in Florida that picked up small dogs in people's backyards? I saw a picture of one, it looked like a red-tailed hawk or something but it was big.

Biggest bird on Earth is according to zoologists the Condor. I'd look at some pictures and descriptions about it.

TC

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakeyLikesKAkey
but i dont really care that my claims are dismissed

I think you should care. I get the impression that it's important to you to somehow get an explanation. Credibility is the first step to triggering in depth discussion of subject matter. Learning is as important as teaching or telling.

I'm glad you realize that I'm just trying to help you here.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
to the op... it would be nice for a more indepth recollection of these encounters if you are up to writing it :0

otherwise ur either very lucky or unlucky with your sightings (with the rate ur seeing things at one will eat you lolz)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think he's very lucky. Almost all cryptid sightings are just sightings, right?

It's like a free shot at the truth and you can't lose anything.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JakeyLikesKAkey

Interesting.... I've only had 3 truly wierd encounters, but I seldom mention them here unless someone specifically requests I do. Your 'black bear' sounds possibly like a sasquatch - although it should be remembered the the black is capable of walking upright for short distances too. As for the water serpent - curious. Sounds pretty large. Have there been any other sighting of it in the area?

It's difficult for some to believe these kinds of encounters because, until you acually experience one yourself, there is always that nagging doubt in the back of the mind. After one has one of course, your whole outlook changes radically, and you become more open minded - yet, one should still remain logical and sober, and keep one's critical faculties intact.

I only actually buy about 5% of what I read on ATS - and even then I remain on the fence on about 4% of that 5%

J.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by jimbo999]

new topics

top topics

join