It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barr announces Libertarian White House bid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

WASHINGTON - Former Republican Rep. Bob Barr launched a Libertarian Party presidential bid Monday, saying voters are hungry for an alternative to the status quo who would dramatically cut the federal government.

LINK

This is very interesting. It looks like we have another choice.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Bad threads are like teeth, ignore them and they will go away.

You ain't kidding!

in the gang!

Yo, Kleverone, now that we're in a secure environment, where no one will ever hear us.
Could you suggest to the owners that we should not just have a "starring system" but we should also have a "striking" system, together referred to as "Stars & Strikes." Then we can have a counter total on our profiles for mockery. I'll give you half credit.

Okay, I'm out of this place, it's so quiet it gives me the creeps.

AAC

[edit on 14-5-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Day late and a dollar short, as are most politicians with their ideas. The LNC is Memorial Day Weekend, in Denver... a mere 2 weeks after his 'launch' on Monday for the Libertarian nomination.

Karlhungis started this thread about Barr...
Is this man John McCain’s worst nightmare? back on 5/4 and there is plenty of info there from Karl...

BUT -- plenty info is also there on the most likely nominee from the LP, Wayne Allyn Root...

Link to the start of Wayne's info in that thread is here at this post.

[edit on 5/14/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul made a major gaffe by not running as a Libertarian. Although I agree that the Republican Party should not be the bastion of neoconservatism it is today, Paul is naive to believe that he can change things by running as a candidate of the party. He should accept the fact that the Republican Party is wholy corrupt and that it should be abandoned like a sinking ship.

I'm a bit torn here. I like Ron Paul's platform the best, but Bob Barr is pretty sweet too. I wish I could vote for both!

Its like what I say about myself. I consider myself a paleoconservative, but I'm actually more of a moderate - somewhere between the Green and Libertarian Party.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Bad threads are like teeth, ignore them and they will go away.

You ain't kidding!

Ha ha.

Yo, Kleverone, now that we're in a secure environment, where no one will ever hear us.

Ha ha again.

Okay, I'm out of this place, it's so quiet it gives me the creeps.

AAC

Thanks for the bump. I see others have joined in. Expect a scathing u2u momentarily.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Oh snap, people did show up. More importantly, what about the idea?!

AAC

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Barr at least supports the Fair Tax and I'm all for that. We need somebody with some guts to give back to the people for a change.

top topics

join