It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Student 'Threatened' For Teaching Constitution!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Bible Student 'Threatened' For Teaching Constitution!

www.infowars.com

On the Alex Jones Show today, a bible student at a large Christian college in Mount Vernon, Texas, related a story of intimidation as Department of Homeland Security goons dressed in black accused him of engaging in terrorism for teaching a group of Boy Scouts about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

The student and interim pastor, going by the name “Jeff,” told Alex Jones he was assigned last September the task of talking to a group of Boy Scouts, specifically concerning “Americanism” in higher education. Jeff told the boys they need to “reorient” themselves to the Constitution because such knowledge will “make or break the country.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't even know what to say anymore. When we have Joe Lieberman saying we need to monitor the web and shut down any "ideologies", and then fascist intimidationary crap like this, it certainly isn't a far stretch to say we should all be concerned. Although I'm sure the usual bunch will chime in here with their, "There's nothing to see here, it's only Alex Jones, move on", status quo lines.

The Constitution poses the biggest threat to these maniacs agendas, so it wouldn't suprise me in the least that they would intimidate someone out of trying to teach its principles.

LOL @ such a person being labled a "terrorist"...The irony is so thick you can cut it with a knife. The biggest terrorists on earth all sit in Washington.

After tutoring the boys, Jeff was called into the university president’s office. There he was confronted by a “man in black” wearing sunglasses from the Department of Homeland Security who was accompanied by another federal official in a gray suit. In addition, state police were present during the interrogation and Jeff was told the FBI were also involved. Jeff was informed “every word” of his conversation with the Boy Scouts was recorded and he had a transcript of the conversation. Jeff’s talk was, the DHS official in a gray suit declared, “terror and espionage” and if he continued to engage in such behavior he would be arrested and “we can have your head on a silver platter.” Moreover, the feds threatened to intervene in the process of the college’s accreditation, a threat that apparently disturbed a “high level university official,” who was so “agitated” he was shaking.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I am immediatly suspect at the term "bible student" which casts doubt to me on anything he says - at least passed via message boards. I am not buying this one. maybe the story is not complete? Maybe he was reported for teaching alot more than is just talked about in this post?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm thinking there's more here as well. I mean, is it standard protocol for the department of homeland security to listen in to speeches given to boy scouts? There has to be some more information on this somewhere...

As always DD, you seem to root out and bring to light these stories that make my stomach turn.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sweet!
nice to hear that there are some logical questioning minds here.
There indead has to be more to this story because once again the guy has a first amendment right and he can't be arrested for any political speech.
If the government wants to they can close off all speech at the University if it is a public school, it is a limited public forum. I obviously doubt that the gov. would decided to go all radical like that. But this guy can't be arrested for any I hate Bush speech unless 1) the guy has the intent to create immenant unlawful action and 2) there is a reasonable likelyhood of immenant unlawful conduct. "fighting words" it is unprotected speech.
You are too busy picking out the worst "news of the weird" stories and posting a thread on every one.
Take the blue pill for a change, or is it the red one? Just take em both.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Res Ipsa: Maybe you didn't notice but america changed after 911. A lot of cops are now nazis. And I'm not talking about the eco-nazis army of 10 millions of ``green shirts`` that Gore is planning to regulate your life. Throwing something on the ground? 10 years in jail!

I mean, there's a big chunk of prisons that are PRIVATE, so they must make money! And a country run by corporations is fascism.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Vitchilo]

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'd like to see some more detail on this, but it doesn't surprise me much.

There are plenty of creepy authoritarians around, and it wouldn't surprise me that they'd see someone emphasizing our constitutional rights as "subversive", just as plenty of them see anyone questioning America's current campaign for global dominance as "subversive" and "pro-terrorist"

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I would like to see more info as well, but it really wouldn't surprise me if this person was under investigation or a "person of interest" for some other trespass.

Good find though DD!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
OOOOOOOOOOkk....Lets look at this from another perspective. How do we know they where in fact Feds of any type. In this world of academia having they're own agenda, it might be that this 'enlightener' of the scouts was making the powers that be nervous about teaching the constitution? The Boy Scouts are a target nowdays and it would not surprise me to find out the student teacher is being messed with! It would not be the first time this has been tried !

Zindo

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Scary. If Homeland Security are looking at the Boy Scouts then they are looking on ATS as well.

We are standing on the verge of a Nazi American Union.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Wow..thats wierd the message posted twice. Sorry folks.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Political speech protected ??????hahahahahahahahaha -omg thats rich - wonder what MLK might have to say about that or any of the many murdered, disappeared, imprisoned people you never read about in your high school (cough) "history books"....

If its effective political speech - its noted, filed and sometimes with your picture - guaranteed....the fed will watch, harass, and otherwise waste your tax dollars with glee and moronic joy....

as for this story - I would be much more inclined to buy it if the person had revealed his name....or given some means by which the facts could have been corroborated...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Guys, I have read this story and to be honest I think it is totally bogus. First of all I have yet to find any Bible College of any kind in Mt. Vernon, TX. Second, identifying the offenders as "There he was confronted by a “man in black” wearing sunglasses from the Department of Homeland Security who was accompanied by another federal official in a gray suit." is about as descriptive as saying "the man who hit me was a white guy."

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a search of colleges within 40 miles of Mount Vernon returns the following results.

* Northeast Texas Community College, Titus County, TX - Public. Not religiously affiliated.

* Paris Junior College, Lamar County, TX - Public. Not religiously affiliated.

* Texas A&M University - Commerce, Hunt County, TX - Public. Not religiously affiliated.

A search of private schools in the area returned zero results.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have been searching various websites. I cannot find a college in this town either. Mt. Vernon is a small town of a little over 2,000 people.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yes, I believe this. Cause our government is or shall I say have taken over now. We are no longer truly allowed free speech. Were not allowed to think outside the little tiny box they give us. How dare us come together and think alike this too is not allowed.

To teach the constitution what was this guy thinking. Didn’t he know that no longer exist. It’s been downgraded just like Pluto has.

new topics

top topics

join