It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News Poll: 82% say 'America Seriously Off On The Wrong Track'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

ABC News Poll: 82% say 'America Seriously Off On The Wrong Track'

thinkprogress.org

A new ABC News/Washington Post poll puts President Bush’s approval rating at 31 percent, a new low. Just three presidents — Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon, and Harry Truman — have dropped lower. Bush, however, “has gone 40 months without majority approval, beating Truman’s record (also during economic discontent and an unpopular war) of 38 months from 1949-52.” Eighty-two percent of Americans also believe the country is on the wrong track, “up 10 points in the last year to a point from its record high in polls since 1973.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Saddest part about this is that those in power have already let it be known how they could care less what this nation thinks...

"So?" Pretty much sums it up in one word.

I can't wait to see how the usual bunch of gov guys and war-mongers try to spin this one...I guess all of this crowd "hates america" too, eh?

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have but one question,

What the # are the other 18% of the people seeing that I don't see?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Don't really need a poll to tell you that.

I don't think I've talked to anybody that thinks the US is on the right track for a year or so at least!!

Originally posted by Double Eights
I have but one question,

What the are the other 18% of the people seeing that I don't see?

I'd like to hear their reasoning as to why they would even think the US is on the "right track" also!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You know, I may be one of those evil, warmongering conservatives that will give the gov't the benefit of the doubt at times, but even I can see that this country is a mess. Has been for a long time and now its finally catching up to us with a big assist from both the current Republican president and Democratic Con-gress, both of which are virtually worthless.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I have but one question,

Actually, they see the same thing you see 88, but their ideology has trumped their common sense.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I have but one question,

You don't have to look much further than this very board to see where this last 18% comes from or what they're seeing. They are all over every single thread that has anything derogatory about the gov or their policies, or the direction which the nation is headed---To them, people like these who voted in this poll "hate america", because they display displeasure with the way they are being steamrolled by TPTB. They believe everyone should still be waving their flags and cheering with pom-poms how awesome the gov and all their policies are, and anyone questioning or disapproving of such policies is "unpatriotic"...Smell the irony here?

But, as we see from these polls, the amount of people who have been sleep-walking through this type of brain-washing is slowly starting to awaken. They have no choice---These tyrants and their policies are destroying this nation, and bringing it to its knees, no matter how much the gov guys try to convince people otherwise.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

new topics

top topics

join