It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antichrist My Butt!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
First I need to point out that, though it's almost never mentioned anywhere, Islam has its version of the "Antichrist" as well, thereby making the difference between Christianity and Islam primarily insignificant, as I see it. But for now we'll go with the Biblical/"Christian" version:

The reason why the whole AC "prophecy" routine is the most laughable notion in human history is because of the strict SPECIFICITY of the things that are supposed to transpire in the alleged "End Times." IF there is to be only one huge leader of (a) nation(s) to emerge, wouldn't that person be intelligent enough to avoid the specific pitfalls outlined in the Bible so as not to be labeled the "Antichrist?" For examples, wouldn't he or she have NOTHING to do with, say, a 7-year peace treaty with Israel or the building of a "Third Temple?"

Someone help me out here. Please list as many other specific things or events that are alleged "prophecy" of the "Antichrist," and for every one of them, I can retort with the obvious: Someone INTELLIGENT enough to actually become THAT (hypothetical) level of a powerful leader would be equally INTELLIGENT enough to be able to steer clear of anything that could even vaguely smell of religious "prophecy."

Of course it doesn't matter what specific events accompany the (at least hypothetical) arrival of a very powerfully messianic figure. Whoever would be the first to introduce anything of verifiably intelligently nonhuman origin is, to put it scientifically, f-ed. Billions of Christians, Muslims and others would be freaking out and screaming "Antichrist!!!" no matter what. Brilliant. Gotta love the results of hardcore brainwashing... There's your conspiracy in religion. It's religion, or the vast majority of it, itself.

In reality or true sanity, of course (and if possible), the proof of that which is truly messianic (and NOTHING or NO ONE else) is or would be in the "pudding" - the actual policies of love, forgiveness, truth, justice etc. There would (or SHOULD) be none of that most supremely cynical belief of all time that someone could actually be loved/admired AND, somehow, also be evil. Real love involves give and take, humility, honesty etc. It's not as complicated as the religious nuts, who simply lack enough love themselves, try to make it.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Suppose you could see into the future. Let’s say you saw the start of WWIII. Then you make a post of everything you saw and heard. Would that post actually negate the events you saw unfold?

Prophecy is simply the predicting of things to come. Whether or not someone else believes your post would be irrelevant since you actually saw the future. So if the “antichrist” is an accurate prediction, your and my beliefs are irrelevant.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

your butt's the antichrist!?

kill it with fire!

...ok, jokes aside.

i find the notion of calling anyone the antichrist to be kind of silly. if a famous person hasn't been called the antichrist, they're merely not famous enough.

[edit on 5/12/08 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
1 john 4:[3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

antichrist literally means against christ.

luke 11:[23] He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

so it can be said that anyone against christ (im guessing aggressively) can be considered an antichrist

matt 24:[11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

antichrists?

2 john [7] For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1 john 2:[18] Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
[19] They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

people who were with christ and who go back to the world cn be antichrists...

just some possibilities

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Hmm... 1John 2:18 was pretty interesting. I think that could directly apply to a lot of TV preachers, eh?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
reply to post by miriam0566

Hmm... 1John 2:18 was pretty interesting. I think that could directly apply to a lot of TV preachers, eh?

interesting eh?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"j'accuse" George Herbert Walker Bush being the anti-christ.

He's got his fingers into everything, and he stays out of Popery and its desire to control and build a third Temple.

Just my guess.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I had a schizophrenic neighbor down the road who swore Hulio Inglesias was the Anti Christ. Don't ask, don't tell.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
now that i've learned some of the truth about the world and the universe i no longer believe in satan, i believe that people can have hate and greed, and do evil things because of those reasons but as far as there being a hell or satan i no longer consider that. i don't mean i'm gonna go out and kill people because its not my nature but if what i've learned is true then i will no longer fear nor believe in satan. God has taught me to fear no evil.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I find it funny that being raised a christian since I was born I never heard of the anti christ ,I know of most recent years every Born again christian started with this nonsense,or the rapture I can see why some are leary of religion sometimes but I know what I believe and I never force my beliefs,why I don't attend church

top topics

join