It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please anyone with information on what I have on video, please let me know.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
my camera is a kodak easy share (M853) whatever that means... I didn't pay a whole lot I know that but It's good for what I baught it for, which haha wasn't videoing the sky. Sorry, I was scared at first but I am trying to be positive to I have been cracking jokes at my experiance just to help me feel better...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If this happens to be something important that needs "documented or whatever it is they do" I will give some one my story, and give them permission to put their name behind it, cause I have to be honest I don't want my name with this. No offense of course I just don't like the publicity, and I wanna keep my fairly private drama free life... Hope you guys understand.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This could be a crazy theory but is it possble that could be a police car that, because is very dark (no moon, no lights since is a rural area) the lights on top of the car can be easily seen in the sky. If is not a police car could be another emergency vehicle passing by.

I don't know this is my opinion.

PS: Sorry for my English (is not my first language)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So basically it is an 8 mega pixel camera with a zoom lens. That lens moves in and out.

Were you using the zoom?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yes it was on zoom and previous nights I would just watch it for like an hour till I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer....This video is the last clip on my camera I had taken other videos just short clips of it , like 4 three min clips, I down loaded them and they were all the same, crazy movement and all, but the one I put on youtube was the one the seemed to be the brightest. I got a total of like 15 mins of this, then the camera died and I just kept playing the video over and over and over again, trying to tell myself an explainable logic behind this....That's when I met you fine people...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Seems you are blessed with a multitude of...........obstacles?

Digital cameras like that charge through the usb port. When you connected the camera to the usb port to acquire the video it would begin an automatic recharge after the upload.

Since the zoom is a manual adjustment you set it before beginning to film else we would see evidence of your adjusting it in the video.

Then you pressed the camera up against the window, looking skyward through the viewfinder to locate this small speck against a sea of black......

Very impressive.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I still say this is a satellite, same place everynight,
Do you know if it moves slowly across the sky?

even if you record it and think you are holding the camera as steady as you possilbly can there will still be some erratic movement from you holding it.

its just a satelitte

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dar Kuma
I still say this is a satellite, same place everynight,
Do you know if it moves slowly across the sky?

even if you record it and think you are holding the camera as steady as you possilbly can there will still be some erratic movement from you holding it.

its just a satelitte

But would a satellite be visible under the stated conditions? And would it travel 'below the cloud line' as has been stated?

The statements made thus far seem incongruent with the possibilities.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
yes, i used to see the same thing when i lived in gloucestershire in the country, forest of dean to be exact in a little town of coleford, allthough it would just move very slowly across the sky due to the earth rotating.

If i can I'll see if i can locate one tonight and record it as theres (edit) hundreds of satellites up there

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Dar Kuma]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Thanks! That would be helpful.

I may be stretching here, but I'm assuming you are saying the apparent lights on the satellite are the result of a Doppler affect?

(The only known aircraft carrying blue lights are medical aircraft to my knowledge.)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Would the screen produce the blue, green and red coloring? I've posted on a few threads here that I've seen the same thing. Granted some say it's just stars or a planet, but they just twinkle differently than I'm used to. I've seen both. I'll have to take everyone's word on what I see are just planets, but the question now is why are they different now than what I've seen in the past. I see often in the night sky what the OP is describing and what's on her video or close to it. The ones I see aren't moving around as far as I can tell. The first one I saw really brilliant was about a year ago. A couple were predominately red/blue. None blink in any certain pattern.

All stars and planets twinkle, but the ones I see are more defined sharp colors. Red, blue, green, white. The red and blues really stick out, but hey, maybe that ARE just planets. I've tried to video what I see to but it stays blurry. I wouldn't post a blurry video. I'll save myself the ridicule. haha

I live in southern Louisiana. All nights I see these are clear nights. If they are planets, planets sure are getting a lot more exciting to watch.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As someone above said these seem to be police-car lights. Full screen video shows alternating red and blue. Anyone else see that?

Are there mountains/hills seen from your window? Perhaps a cop car that patrols the hilly area regularly?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I really think you've got something there and I don't think is a star or a police car because of the fact that you've stated that it was in the sky, I admire the courage you've had to come down to your senses and actually capture this event on film, I personally know how scary this is and at the end you know what you saw!!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
the flatest land you would ever see. Actually, From the naked eye it seems as though some point it will move slowly but yet fast enough to see that is moving with my eye, and my eyes arn't great. Then it will randomly pick up speed like when it does circles it seems fast to the naked eye, then I watched the video and it seems very fast. Haha I still have no Idea. I'm pretty sure it's a no on the cop car cause why the hell would a cop car sit outside there almost ever night for an hour??? ya know, just a thought though, I'm no expert on this kinda stuff.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thanks reuben.

I only got the courage cause I told my friend about this and they know I am a level headed gal and they looked very confused that this story came from me....I had to get evidence. I knew I would get questioned, hell I would question my friend if they came to me with this. But yea, I started seeing this light on the 11th...go figure it was after I learned how to meditate. Which no offense but I hadn't done that ever since. But yeah that's my story, and I quess I'm pretty much stickin to it. Whatever "it" may be.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thanks reuben.

I only got the courage cause I told my friend about this and they know I am a level headed gal and they looked very confused that this story came from me....I had to get evidence. I knew I would get questioned, hell I would question my friend if they came to me with this. But yea, I started seeing this light on the 11th...go figure it was after I learned how to meditate. Which no offense but I hadn't done that ever since. But yeah that's my story, and I quess I'm pretty much stickin to it. Whatever "it" may be.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Interesting...just read the thread and watched the video....thanks for posting it UNKNOWN313....great number you got there on the end of your name

I am ruling out satellite in my own opinion, simply because I have seen them too, up in the mountains out west in the USA on a clear night and they are quite high and I have never seen one flashing any color of any kind....

Other then that, it's hard to rule out anything else that anyone else has guessed...being as though we only can rule out what we see on the video, then go by your narration...

If you really want to rule out possibilities you should take a video during the day looking out at the same view at least, so we could then rule out that it's not a police car up in hills, or on a back road etc....other then that, I am out of ideas.

But thanks for posting it, if you see it often perhaps get some friends to take video as well, and start looking for it in the day time also, just in case...with your video camera charged up and a tripod would get you starred and flagged, at least from me

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
If you really want to rule out possibilities you should take a video during the day looking out at the same view at least, so we could then rule out that it's not a police car up in hills, or on a back road etc....other then that, I am out of ideas.

if you see it often perhaps get some friends to take video as well, and start looking for it in the day time also, just in case...with your video camera charged up and a tripod would get you starred and flagged, at least from me

Hi UNKNOWN313 ... nice to see some more reaction to this, isn't it?

I agree with all that have said that we need more evidence for this.

The quality of the video is not good enough for us to do anything except guess at what we are looking at.

So, unless someone comes forward who knows what we are looking at we need more evidence.

UNKNOWN313 - We need (I know others have asked this as well ... I am just a control freak who needs to make everything clear ... for myself mainly):

1) Other photo's or video's of the area you filmed during the day
2) More evidence of the light with a better quality video. If this is done with other witnesses around then that would be good too.
3) Other eye witness reports from people who live in your area that may have seen this lights.

Is it possible for you to borrow or rent a better video camera?

Of course, these are only suggestions and should be done only if you are willing and able.

From the evidence you have given us so far, it seems we cannot give you any answers.

Maybe it is time to put on your UFO hunter hat ... ?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You say you are in a rural area can you at least tell everyone what State you are in so any members in said area can look up also.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I just want to do some analysis, I'm not good at proposing hypotheses.

I would also personally like to preface the rest of my argument with the fact that I believe this light is some sort of reflection or refraction caused by said cloud cover.

I don't think police car, only because a cop would not have his lights on in town for 90 minutes or so. It's possible that the lights stayed on due to testing of the car's functions or something, and small movements (surely they were small if you were fully zoomed, and the clouds are really far away) could be attributed to cloud movement (reflection thus becomes distorted and wavy, and seems to move). I still think this is unlikely.

If the light was to the EAST, then I would say you were seeing the first freakishly impatient bit of a sunrise, but you said to the south. "Southern lights", like "northern lights" (Aurora Borealis), exist, but typically closer to the poles and more consuming of the space in the sky. Since the camera was able to pick it up, I highly doubt this because these lights would be highly indistinguishable.

Have you seen the light on clear days, unknown313? If so, then the concept of a reflection from the surface becomes somewhat less believable (though still possible due to the atmospheric density gradient). A refraction of light is still likely, though, so a planet is still a number 1 guess. Planets, through proper atmospheric conditions (especially through dynamically changing atmospheric conditions like we have on Earth), can change colors rapidly and even seem to move a bit sporadically with a general course across the sky at the same rate the stars move.

Despite the darkness of the stormy night, I believe that this object is above the cloud layer and indeed outside the atmosphere in space if it is not a reflection. However, I wouldn't guess UFO; I believe personally that a celestial body, through the optical sciences, is playing a neat little parlor trick on you. Don't invest in invasion bunkers just yet

Nicely done, waiting to come here until you had video evidence, though.

EDIT: something sounded weird, so I fixed it.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by pondrthis]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join