It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please anyone with information on what I have on video, please let me know.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This all started April 11, 2008...2:30 p.m I couldn't sleep well and my bed is angled so that I can see out my window from my bed. I noticed an object I thought was a star, then a plane. I really wasn't sure, my eyes are bad, but I swore it was moving awkwardly. I watched it for fourty-five minutes to confirm that it was mving. This went on almost ever night ..same time, always between 2:00 and 3:30. I never thought too much about it, but then I kept waking every night at that time seeing this light...I needed some answers . I wasn't afraid, but definately feeling differently. I just want to know what is going on.
April 10, 2008... After a long night of looking over information on the computer, I was about to get ready for bed. Of course, I had to look out the window...I saw the light, and got the courage to try the video camera to get proof of whatever it may be. To the naked eye it just looked like a moving star with some faint red color. Then I downloaded my clip to the videoplayer on the computer, and was shocked what I saw. I began to cry, cause in one way it was so rare and beautiful. Yet, another way so many questions, and emotions. Needless to say, I never did go to sleep, never even layed down that night. I have never been to into that kinda stuff, but now I wonder alot more... Does anyone at all have any information on this? I am not looking for credit on this, I am not a writer/publisher, not a good speller either. The only reason I am doing this is I am trying to find someone with information on this or to find out if someone else has seen this same light????

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UNKNOWN313

Unfortunately your film is very consistent with a star or a plane in the night sky. Thanks for posting though. Unless you can film it again on a tri-pod (sorry, shaky camera movements) and show unusual movement of the object, there's not much of a way to prove your video is a filming of anything unusual. Keep us posted if anything comes up!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Looks like Mars or Venus twinkling, but it could be anything; it's just a dot on a black screen so there's no way any of us could judge what you saw from that video.

You'll have to describe its movements more precisely and your location, but without better proof most members here will write this off as unprovable/hearsay.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I know I need to get a better camera but I never thought this was gonna be on my agenda...This is all new to me. But I know when you watch the video you gotta make it go to the biggest screen you can.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am just a small town farm girl, Please no one take offense from this but I hope it is just mars or venus spakling....

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UNKNOWN313

First off, welcome to ATS. I can't be sure what it is, but I'd like to thank you since many at ATS often make claims of this or that, but rarely have any type of video or pictures to back up what they claim they saw. Though I would like to believe you here are some questions that I have.

Where indoors or outdoors when you took the video?

Was it a cloudy night?

Are you nearby a large city or town?

I only ask because there were no stars visible. It looks like it could have been a toy being filmed in a dark room.

Why aren't there any points of reference?

You know trees, houses, anything.

Also, unless the moon happened to be absent in the sky, it is rare to see a night sky that black. I want to believe you but I remain unconvinced. Since this occurs nightly, do you think you could possibly get some better shots of this thing?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It's indoors through my window, The sky was super cloudy & dark. It started storming about an hour after my footage was taken.We are 5 miles from a very rural town, that closes down after 12:00. There are no trees or houses cause I am looking up at the sky. And there was no moon that I could see, like I said a storm was coming in quickly. I will most def. try to get more footage.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This to me looks like a satellite, i can remember seeing one a couple of years ago and thinking it was an alien ship sending a message to me.

damn satellites tricking people

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yeah, I have no Idea like I said I am hoping it's something explainable, just to ease the wondering you know?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
We have 2 threads going about this at the same time.

So until they lock one down, I hope that someone can come to the party with some ideas that can help us work out what we have here.

PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO FULL SCREEN

Lets look at the evidence as far as I can see it so far.

UNKOWN313 has said this about the lights:

1) The light has been appearing regulary at a similar time each time for a moth or so.
2) It moves around in an erratic fashion. It is the light moving not the camera.
3) It is seen by looking skyward.
4) This film is before a storm so the sky is overcast. The light can be seen when the sky is overcast, therefore the light is below the cloud line.
5) It flashes through white, red, blue and green colours.
6) UNKOWN313 is in a rural area 5 miles from town.

UNKNOWN313 ... Are these correct??

If they are not can you please correct them.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
No, these can't all be correct.

The OP gives some very important info (that you have left out):

"It's indoors through my window, The sky was super cloudy & dark. It started storming about an hour after my footage was taken.We are 5 miles from a very rural town, that closes down after 12:00. There are no trees or houses cause I am looking up at the sky. And there was no moon that I could see, like I said a storm was coming in quickly. I will most def. try to get more footage."

1) The light has been appearing regularly at a similar time each time for a month or so. (This would mean it is predictable and easy to capture in better conditions.)

2) It moves around in an erratic fashion. It is the light moving not the camera. (There is nothing to prove this statement. Judging by I've seen this video is easily duplicated.)

3) It is seen by looking skyward. (Can't look skyward from indoors can you? Too, glare/reflection off the window would be one possible explanation. Not to mention filming out a window would reveal certain local features, such as tree tops, window sill, etc)

4) This film is before a storm so the sky is overcast. The light can be seen when the sky is overcast, therefore the light is below the cloud line. (This is debatable, but the context is true. The light is definitely below the clouds.)

6) UNKOWN313 is in a rural area 5 miles from town. (Not sure where you live, but in a rural area there is quite a bit more stars visible, unless this overcast sky was as thick as say, mud. I've seen some horribly dark skies during hurricanes which were not nearly so black as this.)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hi garyo,

Thanks for your answer. I was hoping that we would get a critique like this to get the questions and analysis flowing.

I would like to point out that this is the first time that I have ever analysed a possible UFO artefact.

I am involved with this because UNKNOWN313 needed some help with getting this to us ... so I helped ... and that I thought it was an interesting vid.

No, these can't all be correct.

I didn't say they were correct. The evidence as presented so far needed to be laid out. So I did that to give us all a clearer picture of what has been claimed.

The OP gives some very important info (that you have left out):

I hope, garyo, that you are not suggesting that I left out clues or evidence on purpose.

"It's indoors through my window, The sky was super cloudy & dark. It started storming about an hour after my footage was taken.We are 5 miles from a very rural town, that closes down after 12:00. There are no trees or houses cause I am looking up at the sky. And there was no moon that I could see, like I said a storm was coming in quickly. I will most def. try to get more footage."

1) The light has been appearing regularly at a similar time each time for a month or so. (This would mean it is predictable and easy to capture in better conditions.)

Agreed ... but I don't think that UNKNOWN313 can be classed as a UFO hunter. So it may not have occurred to her to wait for better conditions ... how could she be sure that it was going to come back?

2) It moves around in an erratic fashion. It is the light moving not the camera. (There is nothing to prove this statement. Judging by I've seen this video is easily duplicated.)

Agreed ... no proof that this was actually happening. UNKNOWN313 claims it in her original post. This is on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will put it this way 1st I thought a star, then a plane cause I saw some red flashes, then I was confused because it just randomly moved around in the sky.

3) It is seen by looking skyward. (Can't look skyward from indoors can you? Too, glare/reflection off the window would be one possible explanation. Not to mention filming out a window would reveal certain local features, such as tree tops, window sill, etc)

Agreed .. the biggest question mark of all ... hope she can answer this a bit more clearly.

4) This film is before a storm so the sky is overcast. The light can be seen when the sky is overcast, therefore the light is below the cloud line. (This is debatable, but the context is true. The light is definitely below the clouds.)

6) UNKOWN313 is in a rural area 5 miles from town. (Not sure where you live, but in a rural area there is quite a bit more stars visible, unless this overcast sky was as thick as say, mud. I've seen some horribly dark skies during hurricanes which were not nearly so black as this.)

I live on a 380 acre farm. When it is a new moon and there is a storm at night, it is extremely dark.

This could be the case on this video. A low quality camera would have the back ground as black ... like this.

[edit on 13/5/08 by Horza]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hi there!

It is not my intent to accuse you, or the OP of any wrongdoing. That would be foolish.

I've watched the video several times, cleaned my screen, my glasses, even turned out the lights in the room and paused it from time to time studying several parts.

You very well may be right about the camera, but the tone and texture of what is being called the sky is too even. It appears to be more like felt, velvet, or construction paper.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is correct Horza

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I beleive there was some yellow too, but like I said I can't say anything for sure about something I know so little about... Just what's on the video, Is what I am relying on now.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Okay I was alone and scared when this all happened so I figured to take the chance and just start videoing. I am sorry..I am not a ufo hunter I usually am not even up that late ever, am younger aged, I live on a big farm. and when I started videoing I had my camera pushed up against the window literally to capture "whatever" as clearly as my cheap camera, and my unexperienced self could do. I never in my life thought I would capture anything of significance. I appology for the unansewred questions, but I can't give anymore informationabout something I know so little about. I never even thought about it being possible to see a ufo. I never critisized anyone who said they did or didn't...I'm not really sure what to say anymore??? You know I honestly am just really confused about the whole thing.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To you who ask the questions...I Know you are not acuseing, and I don't mind at all I know you guys are just trying to find the correct answers... Again, I understand. and you do what you have to do to help me try to figure out what is going on. Thank you

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There are several options that may help you here.....

You can take some pictures in the daylight out that same window giving us some insight as to the area and what would have been seen in normal conditions.....

You could upload the original video on a sharing site where others could download it.....

I think the best option would be to continue to video this phenomena at every opportunity for comparison.......

On the positive side, you have said everything I expected. Can I ask what camera you were using at the time?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The public rd, is to the right of where the light is. Which is about 200yrs away from my window to the right.. Daytime there is a tree to the left right outside my window about 20 ft away, alot of fencing, a tree line with tall trees about 100 yrds out from my windo then treeline to the right of my window as well about 50ft out. When I was videoing I wasn't even level with the trees at all, I had to tilt my head back all the way, and I kept my camera helt tightly against the window holding it very still ( as still as possible ) I knew that would be inportant to keep it as still as I could. At no point did I pull the camera away from the window or even move the camera in any kinda direction across the window. That is why some times the object is there and sometimes it is not. I just held the camera there in the objects direction and kept it there hoping for the best until my battery died. I have not been able to stay away to see if its back and I have been sleeping through the night till about 4 now. I will try to see if I see it tonight. I can never promise anything though. I know it is always appears in the south. If that's any help....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join