It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter just air braked over oklahoma city headed east fast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I was simply showing an example of a brake. You guys completely missed the point of the thread and went right into political correctness.
I can only guess what Id have to hear if I did not spell something correctly on this board. Try being a little more optimistic when someone doesnt mention UFO's next time?

I wasnt specifically talking about you btw.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
I was simply showing an example of a brake. You guys completely missed the point of the thread and went right into political correctness.
I can only guess what Id have to hear if I did not spell something correctly on this board. Try being a little more optimistic when someone doesnt mention UFO's next time?

Don't worry man.

When I first read the title and saw that it was getting some replies I figured it was something about speculating on what the aircraft in question was doing or going and why. You specifically asked for it to be cleared up. That's the point of ATS. I was kind of disappointed to see how it degenerated as such.

It wasn't really all that difficult to discern what he was trying to get at, really. The conspiracy angle is that someone saw a military aircraft do something they've never seen before, and to many people seeing fighters at all is a rare thing. In 26 years I've seen them fly low over-head once.

Come on, you guys are better than this. It's sad when ideas that are revealed to be flat out hoaxes get more support than someone trying to get some legitimate information.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I would like to jump in defense also, a lot of the replies, though intelligent are not helpful.

The sound you did hear may have been a power failure being corrected, which gives off a low shrrrrrrrroooo kind of sound a lot of the time, as to the reason for a scramble I am not sure?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
On the same day as the OP (Mon 12th) I saw something quite unusual (in my experience anyway...) here in Madison, WI. I was downtown at around 1:00pm and an F-16 from the local ANG base came in pretty low RIGHT over the Capital building before banking away. Never seen one fly over the downtown area, or that low, around here before. My first thought was that maybe he was on alert. Or maybe the pilot was just sight-seeing
Whatever - thought it was worth mentioning in this thread as it's quite unusual and along the same lines as the OP.

Thanks.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
For reference, there is a large contingent of ANG F-16s in Tulsa and in Oklahoma City. The F-16s in Tulsa scramble regularly in the afternoon and fly training missions. There is a bombing range in Kansas (north of Tulsa and northeast of Tulsa) which is used heavily by both the ANG units in Oklahoma. What you saw and heard could easily have been an ANG plane being ferried to Tulsa, or on its way to a training mission. No conspiracy here.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that there's a HUGE air base in OKC which is extremely active and is known for sending planes all over the place. Hearing military aircraft over OKC is like hearing sirens in New York City. Nothing to see here, move on.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What does an airbrake sound like on a military jet plane. A roar, a screech or low rumble like far off thunder. I know commercial jets have a reverse thrust vector when landing and they throttle up to slow the winged vehicle down. That sound is loud and short.

Just wanna ad. Monday about 1:30 pm a loud group of dark green military choppers were flying formation very low. Than another one flew right over my house just above tree tops, what a noise. Whats that got to do with anything, well, I wonder what they were looking for.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Peepers]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

I live near Tinker AFB that he is talking about. they do that stuff a lot. sometimes @ night I agree it is annoying the noise and all. Those guys need to be ready to scramble @ a seconds notice. Wait until the old C130 fleet comes rolling in talk about excessive prop noise.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
OKC is where Tinker AFB is. I have a friend who is an intel officer there. She said they are always running drills. I wouldn't get to worked up over it.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Was it near Lake Thunderbird? There are MTR's (Military Training Routes) in that area and aircraft can go in excess of 250 knots. A lot of times, these are used for simulated bombing runs or intercept training.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
OMG! i just saw a plane go over my house and it was spraying something and made a weird noise and then it rained and i caught the flu like a month later!!11!! and i think it was chasing a invisible UFO!!11!!

Seriously, folks? Really? If you feel the need to be afraid, go ride a roller coaster. If you can get to ATS, then you can get to Google.com. If you can get to Google, then you can do a really basic search about "air brakes", or whatever. Also, if you live in OKC, then you KNOW that Tinker AFB is to your West. Posts like this really put ATS on par with a very poorly moderated, poorly written, trashy scifi forum... but maybe that was his intent and we all bought into it. Shame on me.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
wow, seriously dude lol

the OP stated the plane headed to the EAST..and I believe was interested in anything that might be going on..or just giving a heads up to it...

while i don't think its too odd to have fighter jets flying overhead, i grew up AF and have always lived near bases (close to the 174th ftw at ksyr, and now work near Ft Drum). The military is ALWAYS out doing 'odd' things. Just for the purpose of doing odd things.

I was a flight paramedic for a number of years and one of our pilots was an ex army spec force blackhawk pilot. He used to fly in a squadron that would take the VIP's to their bunkers or wherever... He stated they would have drills all the time, so you could never say..oh there they go to the bunkers look out something is about to happen!! Because 99.99% of the time it was just drill (or was it!! muahaha lol)

I'm sure most bases are like this..it would be difficult to identify something.

But I wouldn't discourage anyone from posting...in the least it could help later on to identify key elements of an unfolding event. Especially if its something out of the ordinary.

(edit for spelling - at least i try lol)

[edit on 5/13/2008 by toepick]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm surprised it was heading East.
A lot of people from Oklahoma now live in Texas, I actually work with a few.

For some reason they sure left that place in a hurry and just like the plane they didn't waste any time getting out of there.

Won't be long before Tejas is renamed Baja Oklahoma.

Sometimes I think they put the Border Patrol on the wrong river.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It's actually a spoiler. And if you ever been on an airliner, you can hear the low frequency woooommmms, that's when it's breaking with the spoilers.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HatTrick

I have been lurking here for a very long time. This is my first post. It will also be my last. The OP described the events as best he could, and asked for help in finding an explanation. Many people tried to help, but a large portion of responders attacked him for a variety of reasons. I have often thought of posting a question on this board. This is exactly why I never will. Why bother? If I am absolutely sure of something, I don't need to post and ask about it. If I am unsure about something, I will find a lot less caustic place then this to ask the question.

This place has become a cespool of inflated egos. It is too much to wade through anymore, and every thread is dragged down by this "middle-school clique" attitude.

This site used to be a very interesting visit, unfortunately, it has become an "old-boys-club" of arrogant, rude, know-it-alls, who feel the need to "police" the website.

Enjoy your one-upmanship, and your constant games of my dick is bigger then yours. I am out of here.

C'est le vie.

Bear

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The fighter jets in use today could simply turn around in about 3 seconds. If there was something going on that warranted the planes immediate attention, he wouldn't have bothered to slow, he would have immediately gained altitude and turned around in a heartbeat.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Tinker Air Force Base is a having an air show on May 24. Maybe you could head out there and see if the sound is replicated and possibly make out what type of aircraft you saw.

Star Spangled Salute

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

Quarantine.....really!????!!!

A 180 in 3 seconds? Do you even understand how wrong that is?

You are, seemingly, used to seeing too many Science Fiction movies, where they have Inertial Dampers, and other future technology to counter-act the G-forces involved.

Unless, the modern fighters (so Top-Secret that it makes the Stealth Fighters look modern) can virtually stop in mid-air (again, the G-force problem) pivot, and accelerate in the new direction (G-force again)....

I know thay are doing incredible things, today, with the fighter tech...with computers augmenting the pilot inputs....and incredible agility.....but, still, even with a G-suit, the meat and blood-sack we know as the pilot is the most vulnerable component.....

WW

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So you saw a fighter jet fly over your city...cool.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

Boone, there's an airshow coming up at Andrews too.....next weekend, or the one after, have to look it up...

WW

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by UrsusMajor
I have been lurking here for a very long time. This is my first post. It will also be my last. The OP described the events as best he could, and asked for help in finding an explanation. Many people tried to help, but a large portion of responders attacked him for a variety of reasons. I have often thought of posting a question on this board. This is exactly why I never will.

The interwebs can be an infriendly place sometimes. You will need a much thicker skin to post on any message board I'm afraid. So what if someone disagrees or even worse...attacks your position on something? Does it *really* hurt that bad?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join