It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank a Mod Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I hate these threads. Full of butt kissing nonsense.

Anyway, alien is cool in my book.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
And Badge01 is adorable. It just needed to be said.

I'll second that.

Cheers Badge.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

Is there anything you DO like on ATS... i just see whining on every thread?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I like you.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Byrd, you absolutely rock.
Chissler, I love you!
12m8keall2c, my friend.
dbates, thanks for the debates.

DontTreadOnMe, you're a sweetheart!
Gools, When I see a post of yours, I KNOW I'm going to agree.

intrepid, I don't know what I'd do without you!
Majic, I miss you! I don't see you enough.

sanctum, I feel like I know you.
The Vagabond, I love your posts (when they're not over my head)

gallopinghordes

WyrdeOne, Would love to see more of you.

To all the mods and admins...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Potato
I like you.

Second line.

Cheers baby xx

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I thank all the Mods. I have yet to find one that I don't like or that I have a big problem with. Some, I find to be a tad bit too serious, but all in all, they really have a thankless job and do it well.

So, thanks to all the Mods......even the ones that try to take over certain establishments where the animals have more fun than the patrons.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

I like you.

Second line.

Cheers baby xx

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You mean, Mods are human?

Shock me runnin'....

On the aside, the only way a person would be willing to become a mod and 'do service' for free, is from a sincere sense of megalomania (omnipotence). However, to each, their own.

Some do a fine job. Others need a rope.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well I've had some good experiences with mods, and some bad ones. I'll try to leave it out the bad ones

Djarums: Not a mod, an admin. Has a cool avatar too. We both disagree over some major issues, but he's the one who really got me into this community in the first place.
He probably hates me, but still I love him

NGC: A respectable gentleman in his own right. Very open minded, and can only be described as a centrist.

Skyfloating: Always starts threads that are open minded, I usually find myself in agreement with him/her, but at the same time.. I often wonder about your true agenda Sky

Intrepid: Now this person knows how to debate. You don't wanna pick a fight with this guy

TheBorg: With all due respect to other mods, I found this mod to be the most helpful. Live long and prosper Borg

Cheers!

Majorion

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I like you.

Second line.

Cheers baby xx

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga

Shock me runnin'....

On the aside, the only way a person would be willing to become a mod and 'do service' for free, is from a sincere sense of megalomania (omnipotence). However, to each, their own.

Berlieve it or not, some of us care about this place.

Yeah, it's not perfect, I for one wouldn't be here if it was.

I'm just glad that when I contribute...there's people here who are watching over that keep a lid on things.

Because of Mods people have answer to questions, checked threads, trolls are kept at bay and generally they make this a "SAFE HAVEN" for open and creative thinking and discussion.

You see it as "meglomania" but in reality there are few threads and posts that need their intervention.

Sheeesh! what do you want? free reign on a FREE site to say whatever you want without any kind of regulation or personal responsibility. What a pointless mess!

I for one an glad we have mods....kudos to them and respect for their efforts.

And as for "omnipidence"..
..they are a team and none of them has any kind of personal agenda.

Stick around a while noob and you'll find occasion to thank them I'm sure.

Good luck in the forums SS, let's hope you don't need a mod.......

Waoowaoowaaaaa....naanaanaaaaaa!

ps...I "alert" whenever I see fit and I do it for free because....ATS is what WE make it.

[edit on 1/2/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga

Shock me runnin'....

I have to disagree also, I don't see it as meglomania.. i think they are members who think they can make a difference.
getting an inside advantage so to speak.

i know it can be frustrating (believe me i know) and i agree that some mods here are...er... well, not to my liking let's say
but to say that you would have to be egotistical or megalomaniacal is not a fair description IMO.

Just keep away from the one's you don't like and have more to do with those you do.

Blup

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

but to say that you would have to be egotistical or megalomaniacal is not a fair description IMO.

And you would be correct. We have staff from all over the world. From those that are about 20 to retirees. Over 60 of us. Ego is the last thing that would play in the mod forums. It would be chaos. Not only in those forums but also on the board.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

By saying "not a fair description" was putting it as politely as I'm permitted

I mean seriously??
You guys rock!!

I've had a couple of incidents and they've been overturned because other mods could see what i was trying to say or "got" my humour....
To say you are all this or all that is wrong... the only thing that all you guys are is Individuals and members...

And tireless.

Cheers,

Blup

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Actually, I forgot to enter a message the first time around.

Wanna hang out?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I'm a member of twelve sites: just because you have a bunch of points doesn't make me a noob, thanks (megalomania much?).

I've encountered very slovenly mods, and I did give=credit to good ones.

Btw, other's have reflected similar to my opinions, though not necessarily on this thread (try SkepticOverlord's recent 'decorum' thread), and in u2u.

Mods are needed: they should be paid, so ego doesn't play unfairly. It's nice to have droll posts where no contrary feelings can occur (ever find that site?), but I don't fit well with those who Barter Ignorance for 'smart opinions.'

The majority rules, yes? (I can see this in your post) However, the minority is where it's At. Take a look at Earth History and Current Conditions, in case you need an alert yourself, hey? The minority don't fit with the common herd: they represent the quintessence of humanity, and are much maligned for it.

We need mods that are fair: not all are, hence my symbolism, 'some need a rope.' Relax, ok? I'm a grown-up...are you? Sorry my feelings and opinions on mods don't synch with yours. Many on ATS have gripes about mods, but are too shy or careful to speak of it. I'm not. Sorry I shocked you: all is not perfect in the world, nor on ATS.

Mods represent a force that is controlled by site rules, which most attempt to follow: do I need to clarify those who have been banned and those who have imposed their corrupt/overbearing egos on regular members? Hardly. Keep a blind eye on reality, ok? It sure beats dealing with the Truth.

And, btw, all humans have 'ego,' and issues with others, no matter how much some care to polish others. I tell it like it actually is. Good ones, bad ones: I think those who offer their work as 'free service' need to be carefully watched: I've seen some of them turn into monsters when no one was looking. Fact. Some are perfect though....(I think not: all have those they dislike). Note your own 'statement reflections' on this: the minute an unfairness is registered in your consciousness, and not corrected, you may join the Truth, raw tho it is.

I see you like to gang up on the Extant Truth, rather then realize there's truth to what I said. Ever note how the minority rules? Watch out for the herd, however....they will stample you in their mob 'consciousness.'

[edit on 1-2-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

Yeah baby yeah....as austin powers would say!!!

How we could "hang out" I'm not sure.... but let me know

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Believe me Naga that's a 2 way street. There are some members that go out of their way to make more work for us. By and large though it's:

If you had been around here longer you would know about those mods that abused their position and not only were demodded but banned.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yes, yes, I agree: the sword swings both ways. I 'get it' when I deserve it; and sometimes when I don't: so do others.

My statement was quite the equivalent to: "you'd have to be crazy to be a mod who works for free." Emphasis on 'crazy.'

I've seen threads here on ATS where mods were removed/banned. More need to go; but that may or may not happen. It's real hard to find (free) good help, yes?

Please note your 'smiley:' see any 'herd' connections there? See any minority influences there? Hmmm?

[edit on 1-2-2009 by SS,Naga]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join