It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Ever Get The Feeling???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Do you ever get the feeling, when you realize you are you. It is quite difficult to explain, but if you experience it you will know what I am trying to say. I guess it's like you are saying that you realize you are in the body you are in right now and you are yourself, your soul could have picked any other body but your soul picked this body. I guess that's the best explanation I can give. It's sort of a wierd/freakish feeling and then you sort of "snap back to reality" and forget about it.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
It's sort of a wierd/freakish feeling and then you sort of "snap back to reality" and forget about it.

Ooh I get that feeling but for a different reason, I get it when I start thinking about Death and the idea of just fading to black but then there is nothing after death and you are just a memory of the living. Then I think about reincarnation and I realize you wouldnt remember who you were in a past life. Its such a damaging train of though my heart picks up pace and my fear grows and I feel like curling up and crying.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Ooh I get that feeling but for a different reason, I get it when I start thinking about Death and the idea of just fading to black but then there is nothing after death and you are just a memory of the living. Then I think about reincarnation and I realize you wouldnt remember who you were in a past life. Its such a damaging train of though my heart picks up pace and my fear grows and I feel like curling up and crying.

Thats how I feel sometimes I sit there thinking 'What will happen when I die?' then start thinking about how it will go black you won't see nothing BUT you will be dead so time won't exist so you won't see anything so you will not see out of your eyes you just won't exist! It is really hard to think about I get filled with confusion

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
No. I never get that feeling.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Do you ever get the feeling, when you realize you are you. It is quite difficult to explain, but if you experience it you will know what I am trying to say. I guess it's like you are saying that you realize you are in the body you are in right now and you are yourself, your soul could have picked any other body but your soul picked this body. I guess that's the best explanation I can give. It's sort of a wierd/freakish feeling and then you sort of "snap back to reality" and forget about it.

I get that feeling sometimes...it's really weird

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I get this feeling evrytime i think that my soul could've picked up another body, and or death. It's really cool, I like it.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
oh yeah. it isnt so much of 'realizing who i am' but as a 'rerealizing.' every now and then, something just hits me. most often, its the feeling of how awesome i am (i am, btw) and how far i can and will go in life. more of a reinforcement kinda thing.

"goddamn im awesome. #, i OWN you"
things like that

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Not really. But sometimes I get this weird feeling that I'm some weird entity inside my body peering outside.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean because I get the same feeling, and I'm experiencing it more and more often lately, it's like I just go through life with blinkers on, but every now and then I have a moment of total clarity, I notice my surroundings , and I mean really see them and it just feels like I am truely awake if that makes sence.almost like I'm seeing with different eyes, and am aware of my "self" . The moment passes though quite quickly and without me even realising. I think that I will have to have a go at meditating sometime and see if I can make it happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It's sort of a wierd/freakish feeling and then you sort of "snap back to reality" and forget about it.

Maybe it's time for you to uncurl, and understand what it is that TRIGGERS the emotional breakdown in the first place... figure out exactly what part of this idea appears negative to you, and see if you can understand WHY it appears as a negative thing... could it be physical attachments? Could it be addiction to ignorance (aka life/human existance)... it's for you to find out, if you choose to.

Or, you can just continue to have unstable emotional reactions to certain thought patterns, and never understand why. Maybe it's time the mental block is broken.. as it may be there for a REASON..

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
YEAH! Wow...I thought I may have been the only one. I know alot of people who would just think I was crazy if I mentioned it, but I'm glad to see its more common 'round here. I get that feeling a lot, especially when researching anything paranormal...

Great topic

-wD

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikomi

Thats how I feel sometimes I sit there thinking 'What will happen when I die?' then start thinking about how it will go black you won't see nothing BUT you will be dead so time won't exist so you won't see anything so you will not see out of your eyes you just won't exist! It is really hard to think about I get filled with confusion

You're trying to think in terms of "cessation of existance", and that's tripping you up. Scientists are now discovering that consciousness remains after death... but they aren't too certain. However, look at it this way. If there is no "soul" etc.. it won't be BLACK, as that's a conscious perception of color. You simply won't HAVE a perception, or thought, and therefore it won't be bad at all!

On the other hand, if there is an existance on some level after the expiration of your flesh, well then you have something to look forward to... and your fears are unfounded.

Either way, it's like a computer who is terrified of being shut down (if it was an AI), since its consciousness would appear to be put on "pause" until you turn it back on again. Think of how your computer feels every day!

Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, your consciousness is NOT your physical body, and has no physical counterpart. It is eternal, and timeless in the full sense of that word. Worry won't get you anywhere, but this doesn't mean you should stop contemplating. Worrying simply clouds your mind with "emotion", and that's not helping you figure out the truth, is it!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i know exactly what your saying, and i get it all the time.it's kinda like your soul is just falling and BOOP it falls into you. it's a trippy feeling that you really never get used to.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I get the feeling that everything is a dream. Everything that has ever happened to me feels like a dream. I know things in the past happened, but I have trouble discerning whether they really did - it all seems dreamlike. I view many situations as dreams, even when they are happening. I guess I kind of view the world like the way Stanley Kubrick filmed "Eyes Wide Shut." It's not the greatest feeling.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i got that feeling for the first time that i can remember about 10 years ago, i was just walking around and just thinking about stuff and just thought what seems like the most basic obvious thing but it seemed to have much significance. i am right here, right now in this body, i can do anything i want if i really want to and this is not some kind preperation for something but happening right now, no second chances, no do-overs. kinda felt like my eyes were a telescope from my soul, enabling me to see life. im not sure if that makes sense as im writing this in a rush.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vietnow
i got that feeling for the first time that i can remember about 10 years ago, i was just walking around and just thinking about stuff and just thought what seems like the most basic obvious thing but it seemed to have much significance. i am right here, right now in this body, i can do anything i want if i really want to and this is not some kind preperation for something but happening right now, no second chances, no do-overs. kinda felt like my eyes were a telescope from my soul, enabling me to see life. im not sure if that makes sense as im writing this in a rush.

That's pretty close to what I'm trying to describe! It's like your yourself, I'm me myslef, I'm not anyone else I'm me. It's a damn wierd feeling, that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Maybe it's time for you to uncurl, and understand what it is that TRIGGERS the emotional breakdown in the first place... figure out exactly what part of this idea appears negative to you, and see if you can understand WHY it appears as a negative thing... could it be physical attachments? Could it be addiction to ignorance (aka life/human existance)... it's for you to find out, if you choose to.

Or, you can just continue to have unstable emotional reactions to certain thought patterns, and never understand why. Maybe it's time the mental block is broken.. as it may be there for a REASON..

This doesnt have anythign to do with your cult does it bro?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I remember that day. I was was brushing my teeth, looking in the mirror. Then, it hit me like a train, looking at the reflection.

Holy #. That's me.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
I remember that day. I was was brushing my teeth, looking in the mirror. Then, it hit me like a train, looking at the reflection.

Holy #. That's me.

What feeling was it, the first one he described our the ones we talked about realized your own demise?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It was sort of like the first one. It's just that, you spend your entire life seeing the world through your eyes. Everything you see, hear, and know is from your point of view. When you look into a mirror, you see things from the world's point of view. You realize that that figure before you is what the world sees of you. And it isn't what you thought it would be. If you haven't had that experience before, it's very hard to explain. It's probably as close to seeing things through God's eyes as any of us are going to get.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join