It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 3, 4, 5 2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
DGtempe,

Your ignorig the fact, and it is a fact, Its Commercial vehicles only. This is NOT the first time this has been done. I've been in the trucking industry for 25 years. You don't know what your talking about. Curb your paronoia and wait and see. CVSA is not a governmental organization. Its run BY the trucking industry and they work in unison with local DOT and police to inspect ...TRUCKS....!!!! No matter what this "Journalist" says. Google it and see for yourself!

Zindo

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

OK trucks it is. You're right. You can do without the "you know nothing" bs. I'd appreciate it.
Thank you.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Though there may be some good points in reference to the "saftey inspection". In my opinion, it could very well be a dry run to see how well local and state officials can handle a martial law scenerio.

In a German accent: May I see your papers please!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

In a German accent: May I see your papers please!

Exactly.

I love witty people.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

You have to admit that this is comming at a time when independent truckers need it least.Fuel prices pushing $4.50,tire prices thru the roof it's all they need. You know these guy's need to squeeze every low cost mile out of those trucks,and sometimes they push the saftey margin on tires.

I feel it is a conspiracy to eliminate as many independent drivers as possible.They can controll corporate truck lines and can slow down transport of goods.They can't readily control independents.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Very true, according to OOIDA 2000-5000 trucks a month are taken off the road due to bankruptcy and just turning them in because payments can't be made. Companies for years have DUMPED company drivers and taken advantage of owner-operators and now its starting to move the other way. Companies are going to have no choice but to hire tey're own drivers to move they're goods. Shipping is starting to slow already. Its not going to be nice. Believe me, 80,000 lbs can do alot of damage when the brakes quit working or tires decide to leave the rig. Which would you rather have???

Zindo

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

As for myself I would opt for safer highways above freight hauled. I do wonder if they will be as picky with NAFTA rigs?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by daddyroo45

Which would you rather have???

Zindo

I hope you didn't think I was refering to you specificly there. It was a rhetorical question to those that are disatisfied with my replies.
I have read in the trade mags that NAFTA trucks aren't being ignored. The Mexican gov is actualy only letting trucks that are in reasonably good shape accross the border. Only time will tell if 'The DOT gestapo" harasses the populace at large. Highly unlikely. Way more money to make on the trucks. Besides if anyone bothered to read what CVSA is they'ed see that they have NO mandate to check autos of non-comercial types.
Zindo

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Does not sound as if it is limited to Truckers.

If it were simply limited to Trucker's I would have to ask why?

Is it some sort of NWO quality check that is the first steps in making it legal and OK to stop random Truckers and to make it OK when Mexico starts flooding our Hwy's? I suppose if they do this once the Trucks are rolling in full force it would be legal and quite the norm.

It just reminds me of Hitlers check points.

Paper's please...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So has anyone been stopped in a passenger car yet.

Or was this targeted to commercial vehicles only?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What's happening June 3, 4, and 5th?

The Bilderberg Meeting in Virginia!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join