It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 3, 4, 5 2008

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Steve Quayle Notice Here

So what’s happening on June 3, 4, 5? (besides my birthday
)

Is it really a 10,000 man road safety check … or it is something more? I have never heard of this before. Since when does the government (is it really OUR government?) take over American roads for three days and randomly search vehicles? Do they have knowledge of something that is going to happen? … or is this ‘routine’??

Note - those days are a Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Happy b/day to you Oh!! and my self and my sis and grandmother and father LOL got to feel sorry for my mum putting up with us gems

That is strange i have never heard of this kinda thing before Sounds like a big crack down

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Doing a simple Yahoo search I found this.

CVSA Road Check 2008

CVSA WebSite

I don't think its such a bad idea, I can imagine lots of trucks/buses out there shouldnt be on the road.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
CVSA Road Check 2008

I know that's what they are SAYING it is .. but is that what it really is?
Ya' know?
It just sounds odd to me. It might be on the up and up. But it sounds odd.

Edited to add - I note that they only started the checks after 9/11. Is that true?

[edit on 5/12/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Can anyone say Martial Law...?

Oh, you know, after the thing in Seattle, they are seeing how far they can push the boundaries. And if we all resist...then what?

But of course, we won't. We're sheep, it would seem. Well, most of us, anyway.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Interesting that the CVSA website has all the flags of the NAU, perhaps this is just the start of the NWO's plans for control...makes sense. Seize the roads so nobody can escape

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I like Steve Quayle's site, but I take a good dose of salt with some of the articles he presents on there.

I'm not sure if there is anything of significance on that date that would coincide with this "road check" but whatever dates they pick, I'm sure conspiracy minded people like myself will wonder whatelse may be going on.

just have to wait and see.. oh and June 5th is the last day of school here in South Florida

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wow, awesome thread, FF!

Good find.

'FROM JUNE 3, 2008, ABOUT 10,000 TRAINED AND CERTIFIED OFFICERS WILL BLANKET THE ROADWAYS OF NORTH AMERICA TO PREVENT TRUCK AND BUS ACCIDENTS AND SAVE LIVES. KNOWN AS ROAD CHECK 2008, FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, AND LOCAL OFFICERS WILL BE CONDUCTING NORTH AMERICAN STANDARD INSPECTION AROUND THE CLOCK FOR 72 HOURS FROM JUNE 3-5. THE INSPECTIONS INVOLVE A COMPREHENSIVE 37-STEP PROCEDURE WHICH INCLUDES ITEMS RELATED TO VEHICLE, DRIVER, AND CARGO SAFETY.'

Sounds like rights infringement for sure.

P.S. Us June babies are the coolest.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I'm sure conspiracy minded people like myself will wonder whatelse may be going on.

Well .. I COULD be paranoid. But it just seems strange.

Originally posted by Sublime620
Us June babies are the coolest.

June 5th here! (gawd .. I'm so old!)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

June 20th. Will be 25. Doesn't feel old, just feels on the cusp of being old. Which is weird.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

You will be 25?....I've got Neckties that are older than you are

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I 'm not sure if they plan on searching your vehicle. If they do I am totally against it. It is against our rights and we shouldn't allow it. The more we let them get away with this, the more they will do it. My personal property in my vehicle doesn't have anything to do with road safety.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by imysbbad
I 'm not sure if they plan on searching your vehicle. If they do I am totally against it. It is against our rights and we shouldn't allow it. The more we let them get away with this, the more they will do it. My personal property in my vehicle doesn't have anything to do with road safety.

Ohhhhh, they'll conduct searches, be sure of that. They only need probable cause or reasonable suspicion which requires even less "evidence".

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
sounds like another BS program from the homeboy security folks.

Look out, Red, Tan or Brown folks need to carry their camcorders and get it on tape. Black folks and white folks better say sir as well. And you turban folks and the ones that cover your heads to respect god...probably better just call in sick till its over.

This is a total racial cattle round up.

I wonder if these govt folks turn grey in the sun. My dog's work does.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well this is just great. If these checkpoints are anything like those DWI checkpoints they have then i'm screwed. I have never driven intoxicated, and yet at every DWI checkpoint I have been through they pulled me over and searched my vehicle.

And these checkpoints are probably being used for the sole purpose of searching vehicles to protect us from "terrorists". I just cannot believe that America has fallen for their tricks. They have everyone so scared to go anywhere because of the "terrorists" that America is probably going to welcome illegal searches with open arms.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What next? Entering random homes to make sure WE are ok?????

Steve Quayle is very passionate about our rights and he will be on C2C TOMORROW..... I'll drink some coffee and stay up for this one.

Maybe THIS is what it will take to finally awaken the rest who refuse to see whats going on???

FABULOUS THREAD and thanks for letting us know.

And Happy Birthday, FF!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
CVSA....COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SAFETY ALLIANCE. Its only for commercial vehicles. Nothing to see here folks. They do it every so often. When you pass the check they sticker your vehicle and your not bothered by the DOT for a period of time I've gone through about 40 of these inspections while Over The Road. If you keep your truck up to specs your fine, If not you pay and get it fixed or it comes off the road. With expenses so high for Americas truckers, maintainance is not being done and tires, brakes and mechanicals are being ignored trying to make a living. But I would rather have them take the unsafe trucks off the road than run into one with my Yugo!!!lol

Zindo

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

i doubt the country will care or notice much. its right about the time that many TV show seasons are getting to there endings and as long as they dont miss them the world is ok. God forbid if some nut wants to interrupt a show with an important news bulletin. speaking of which i havn't seen one of those show breaking news interruptions in some time. i guess you dont want to wake anyone while they are sleeping. Plus its hard to see one if you don't tune in.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

'FROM JUNE 3, 2008, ABOUT 10,000 TRAINED AND CERTIFIED OFFICERS WILL BLANKET THE ROADWAYS OF NORTH AMERICA TO PREVENT TRUCK AND BUS ACCIDENTS AND SAVE LIVES. KNOWN AS ROAD CHECK 2008, FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, AND LOCAL OFFICERS WILL BE CONDUCTING NORTH AMERICAN STANDARD INSPECTION AROUND THE CLOCK FOR 72 HOURS FROM JUNE 3-5. THE INSPECTIONS INVOLVE A COMPREHENSIVE 37-STEP PROCEDURE WHICH INCLUDES ITEMS RELATED TO VEHICLE, DRIVER, AND CARGO SAFETY.'

Sorry, but this doesnt sound to me like its just TRUCKS. how lame, to PREVENT truck and bus acidents and SAVE LIVES.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yes, the cops here try to do that. They have found out that I have a lawyer who is up there with all the big boys. He isn't cheap either. I just believe they should have to go by the rules just like we are expected to do. If I am not doing anything wrong then they don't have the right to pull me over and want to look all into my personal stuff. Just like they don't have the right to come to your home without search warrant and probable cause. I realize that "probable cause" can let them get away with a lot, but that is when the 'top lawyer' comes in handy. He will make them look like fools and they will back off (in small towns ??). They stopped harassing me and my sons but don't ask how much it cost me!! ( 3 of the cops are no longer on the force here either)

<<   2 >>

join