It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of death or impending doom?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If a person - say I, have impending doom or is going to die, are there any paranormal signs? Maybe certain things you pick up on/see/feel/hear?
Anything?
Wrong forum?
peace

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Nope. Nothing has been documented, and with something so important anyone wishing to assign portents to this without any documented evidence is being highly foolish.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

CG Jung, one of the founding fathers of the psychoanalytic process, has studied the dreams of his patients for much of his long career and has stated that dreams can foretell such things happening.

Edit to add;

Jungian Dream Analysis: Roots of Religion and How the Unconscious 'Sees' Our Personal Future.

[edit on 12/5/08 by masqua]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To see your doppelganger means that death is just around the corner.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

To use a fantastic British colloquialism: Bollocks.

Seriously, if that's the case, then why haven't any dream analysts taken Randi's $1m prize?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Because the psychoanalytic process of dream analysis, begun by Freud and perfected by Jung, has been side-tracked by the concerted efforts of Big Pharma to push pills rather than get at the roots of the problems which their patients suffer from.

It's so much easier AND profitable to medicate.

Besides, dream analysis is a subjective science and cannot be proven through the Cartesian process of dissection. Randi is counting on that distinction.

I support your decision to deride such subjective observations by crying 'bollocks', but do not share your objectivity.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yes. And likewise, when the danger passes, the feeling passes.

But you have to be aware of very low frequency emanations to receive these messages.

Train your perceptions down to 2 Hertz audible. Then when you get a danger signal, you can realize what must be done to mitigate its affects.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If you look carefully, the world speaks to you... so yes you can get a "feeling" or even in some cases see your impending death.

It's important to realize though that sometimes you'll reach your goal faster by dying. We don't really die because we're infinite. Your body is an attachment, but it's not you.

If you see or feel something approaching, remember that this experience can be perceived in different ways. It all depends on your vibrational frequency going into the event whether or not it's going to be a pleasing or undesirable experience. It's also important to note, that by worrying about a possible future problem, you are giving attention to this and therefore creating it's existence.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

EDIT:

I have reread your original post after writing my reply below, and noticed that I misinterpreted your question...

No matter.
I'll leave my reply as it is. It may help someone else, who knows...

And I'll add a very short reply to your actual question: yes, there can be "signs" - definitely.
On the other hand, if there ARE signs... see below.

Nventual, if you are really interested, the first thing you should know is that such a feeling could have a vast array of VERY different reasons. The source - and hence the validity - of such a feeling is almost impossible to determine from "outside", i.e. to anyone outside the person who is experiencing it.

I am assuming you're not talking about dreams - because that's a different area altogether.
However, did perhaps the feeling originate in a dream?
(Sometimes people forget they dreamt something and only "remember" the psychological effect of the dream.)

Has that person had the same feeling before?
If so, what did transpire at that occasion?
(Did anything happen - anything unpredictable which could not be attributed to the actions of that person himself/herself, possibly deriving from fear and the feeling of "doom" itself, I mean?)

There are also possible "medical" reasons for such feelings.
(I would stay away from chemicals prescribed by psychiatrists, if I were that person, but obviously that is a decision s/he has to make. There are, however, wonderful homeopathic remedies that address that very symptom, among others.)

And finally... IF the feeling is a genuine premonition, there is probably a good reason for it.
You may believe this or not - I am afraid it won't make much difference to "reality" either way :-) - but that person is standing at a crossroads and has the power to choose the way: the one leading to the fulfillment of the feeling (fear and/or ignoring the premonition is the name of that road), and the one leading away from it, in a different direction.
This second "road" entails a conscious effort, a focused (and fear-less) INTENT not to "let" it happen.

I do wish I could be more specific, but I simply can't - not in these circumstances, not knowing the specifics and the person in question.

And remember: this only applies IF the feeling stems from an actual, genuine premonition. Yes, they do exist - and this comes from long-time observation, study, and personal experience. It certainly is possible for such a feeling to be a genuine premonition.

But that does not mean that such feelings always - or even often - are
premonitions. In fact, the majority of such cases seem to be the consequence of dreams (which are a warning in themselves, but usually do not hint towards physical death), long-time or acute depression, feelings of low self-worth, and such.

I hope this - very insufficient! - reply helps a little.
I don't think I'll be able to come back much for additional clarification (then again, I may be wrong...
).

Anyway: fear not.
Fear is everybody's greatest enemy.

And remember: it is possible to consciously decide which way to go.
I am not saying it is necessarily "easy" - but it IS possible.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Crimson_King
To see your doppelganger means that death is just around the corner.

Not always, our whole family saw my mothers image walking through walls about 20 years before she passed. She attended the home in both forms for about a years time.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

CG Jung, one of the founding fathers of the psychoanalytic process, has studied the dreams of his patients for much of his long career and has stated that dreams can foretell such things happening.

Indeed! Furthermore, he experienced such dreams and other premonitory events himself.

Nneventual, if you haven't done so, I think you would profit greatly from reading Jung's memoirs. There are also some wonderful threads here on ATS about Jung and his theories.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Very well said, Kruel!

I wish had read some of the replies before adding my own... It would have saved me - AND everyone reading this - a lot of time and effort.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
HERE is a very recent post in another thread that you might find interesting.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I've had "gut" feelings a few times that may have kept me from too much trouble, although I'm of the opinion that when it's your time, it's your time and nothing going to change that. If you get a "feeling" and it keeps you from impending doom, it simply wasn't your time to die.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimoire017

Well, yes... only, TIME may not be a single path.

But that's yarn for another thread.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Good point Vanitas, although my belief has more to do with "pre-destination" in the sense that I am here to learn lessons that will help my soul evolve, and the way I die, the feelings and perceptions that come with that experience are vital to that evolution, but that discussion, too would probably be more appropriate in another thread

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The feeling of an upcoming death may be a chemical imbalance in the brain, the body, an affliction of a spirit parasite, or just what it feels like, a note to get your affairs in order.

Go to the doctor. Just do it. The first step to being certain.

If there are signs of depression treat that right away. Have a complete physical. Let the doctor know that you have a strong interest in your blood levels of Vitamin D, and the Bs. I don't begin work on this type of case until the deficiencies and any needed corrections are done by the physician. Once these are corrected if the follow up test shows a sudden drop in the same Vit D levels and the victim is known to spend time outdoors and have a well rounded diet, there is an occult test done to diagnose a cling on or spirit parasite. The victim may or may not be aware of specific aches and pains. Often they will say now that you mention it it hurts from time to time here or where ever they notice.
I test with a known true relic but if that is unavailable a small amount of rock salt in a damp rag can be gently rubbed in the area. If its a parasite the pain will move to a new spot, and return to the old spot when the stimulus is removed. In extreme cases a colored patch of skin can apear to be moving to the new location or a rasied are in some cases, but seldom will it be visual.

If medical treatment has been done and the tests are positive for the parasite the treatment is true Lomi Lomi. Not that hotel hot stone garbage but you need to find a real practitioner, who does the Ti and herbal bathing, salt rub, hot stones, vigorous chiropractic, hard rub down and then laying of hands. This is followed by laying, resting in place where it is done for a short while. If you must board a plane to find the proper care, indeed do so as it is not going away. In some cases it stays the same in some it gets worse.

What is certain is that one should not have that feeling in their normal state.

In my work with the dying the are generally fairly certain of the meaning and sometimes speak of a deceased friend or family member contacting them or an angel. Some report speaking with Jesus, or even God.

Hope that helps.

sty

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
In my country we have this unwritten "tradition" about dreams - if you dream about a lot of veils , like the bridal ones , then this could be a sign of sickness or even death. Any scientific proof ? sure not!
. However, when my grand-grad father he just knew it from the very day. he said " today , i am going to die. I want to see the household and the farm for one last time" . Then he made the little trip to see the nature and the things he loved. After this , he said "good bye" to all the family members of the house, said a prayer , went to bed and went asleep . Sure, he never woke up . Another case in a village - an elderly woman also knew she was going to day that very day , she even purchased all the things necessary for the funeral right in that day. She told everyone she needs to buy them right away cos "today i am going to die". She could not be stopped by the family! then she dressed up with her prepared clothes , went inside the coffin and died . both stories involved elderly people, one of them my grand-grandfather . That is pretty much all I know about this death premonition.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
haha nvm i need to lay off the weed

[edit on 13/5/08 by Nventual]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Absolutely. You hear about the cat that snuggled next to people when they were going to die? The cat lived in a hospital.

Some book I have says there is sometimes a silvery glow and a silver cod over the person dying and the cord snaps and the person dies. This I strongly believe is the person's ghost or spirit or soul.

But that has to do with Near Death Expiriences.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join