It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist Website Instructs Mujahideen in Using Popular U.S. Web Forums to Foster Anti-War Sentiment

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Islamist Website Instructs Mujahideen in Using Popular U.S. Web Forums to Foster Anti-War Sentiment among Americans

memri.org

In the past few months, Islamists engaged in "media jihad" have increased their efforts to expose as broad a Western audience as possible to their jihad films, which purport to document the growing success of the mujahideen in Iraq and Afghanistan. As part of this endeavor, they have posted jihad films on popular free video-sharing websites such as YouTube, LiveLeak, and Google Video, hoping that such films will tip public opinion in the West against the war in Iraq and Afghanistan - thus pressuring Western governments to withdraw their troops from these countries.

As part of the campaign to foster anti-war sentiment among Westerners, and more specifically among Americans, a member of the Al-Mohajroon Islamist website with the username Al-Wathiq Billah instructed mujahideen in how to infiltrate popular American forums and to use them to distribute jihad films and spread disinformation about the war.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Sorry for the long title, but I just copied it from the article.

I'm sure that many people here will have an interest in this one.

memri.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
They are a little late. Anti-War sentiment is already very high.

*risking one line response to state the obvious.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Maybe I am alone in this, but this reads to me that if you are against the war and talk about it on the internet, you are a terrorist. Call me crazy....

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Another gem from MEMRI

Having seen a few of these videos I am suddenly overcome with an anti-war sentiment and a sense of violent radicalisation

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Well I've been here a while now... And let me just say this.

I'm making a list, I'm checking it twice... gonna find out who's naughty or nice.

*sings* Big bad Bush is comming... to the interspoodle

MuHahahaha

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Uh oh, it looks like we have a rouge agent here. TERRORIST TERRORIST!!!!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
jihad videos tend to show fighters blowing up soldiers, unlikely to cause anti-war sentiments, american soldiers are far better able to foster anti-war sentiments by either exposing their comrades for the evil sadistic weirdos they are or by boasting about what evil sadistic weirdos they are, either way, they're the best at leading the feeling against this evil sadistic war.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

starred !!!

good to know that there are still people in the world , trying to expose the evil american propaganda it spews in the world

AMERICA IS A DISGUSTING NATION THAT CRUSHES POOR PEOPLE IN THE THIRD WORLD IN ITS WARPATH

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
All due respect, this article is bullsh*t.

Number one, it comes from the "Middle East Research Institute" which is essentially a hate group which does anything but research, rather picks up reports from OTHER News Agencies on the most irrelevant, uncovered stories of anything relating to Muslims hating or inciting hate against the West and then uses this to slander Muslims and Arabs alike.

Secondly, If this would serve anyone's best interests, it would be George Bush, not the Islamic Fundamentalists.

The Bush Admin is already trying to draft laws that make it a Federal Crime to spread "radical ideologies" on the Internet.
The term "ideologies" is of course, loosely defined just like "torture" is in the Bush Admin; so they can categorize any dissenter as a law breaker and stop people spreading criticism of the Fuhrer.
More here.

While there may be some Islamic Fundamentalist groups trying to spread anti-War sentiment on the Internet in disguise, to further their causes this doesn't mean everyone should start panicking and going:
"OH MY GOD THEIR AGAINST THE WAR! TERRORISM!!"

This exactly what the Nazis did when Hitler rose to power, any dissenters were automatically labeled Jews and Communists and shipped off to camps.

Spreading these kinds of bogus and probably baseless stories incites exactly the kind of blind obedience the German people submitted to Hitler allowing him to become even more Totalitarian.
To not question our government or to suppress dissent turns us into Fascists.

Just because people do not support their current government does not mean they planning to overthrow or attack it.
It's a healthy part of a democractic system of government and what separates us from dictatorships.

Everyone needs to relax and stop listening to this sensationalist bullsh*t.
Anti-war supporters are JUST THAT.
Their not terrorists and they're not maniacs, and they have ever right to be critical of the Administration who led the US into 2 wars without any justification and is eroding their civil liberties inch by inch.

[edit on 12/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrezhnevX
AMERICA IS A DISGUSTING NATION THAT CRUSHES POOR PEOPLE IN THE THIRD WORLD IN ITS WARPATH

Glad to see no one got too extreme in their postings here. Troll. (psst, hey, you gotta bit of foam in the corner of your mouth. Nope, not there, other side. Good, you got it.)

Back on topic.

Seems to be a good idea. If I were an insurgent, I'd do just that. Try to fuel the fire a little bit. Wouldn't hurt any, and you'll gain in the long run. Get as many people I could fired up over the war, maybe post some bogus stories (like the one where a US Soldier shot a pregnant woman, remember that one?), and see what mileage you can get out of it.

A lot of people will grasp at anything to further their cause. Remember Jesse MacBeth? Came up with some BS about shooting civilians, and the anti war crowd were wining and dining him. That is, until he was proven to be a liar. Heck, he was here (maybe) posting his crap and people were fawning over him without a shred of proof of who he was and what he did.

Of course, if someone is pro military, etc, with something positive to say, they demand name, rank, serial number, unit assigned, DNA sample......

[edit on 12-5-2008 by jerico65]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Mujahideen is too dumb to realize that they don't need to foster anti-war sentiment?

Seems kind of pointless to me.

Mujahideen: "This war is stupid. I am American and I say so"

Everyone: "Uhhh, no duh?"

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

just because i need clarification or something...maybe i lost my ability to comprehend during the 12 years i was an evil sadistic wierdo but...

are you saying that all soldiers are evil sadistic weirdos?

just want to make sure i understand what youre saying

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

disgusting are the facts aren't they ??

its the pentagon that makes covert propaganda , and there is no proof to DENY or confirm whether american blitzkrieg forces troopers(US army) soldiers kicked a pregnant woman...

as usual , I can say that you are a fascist pentagon/NSA propaganda agent , like you accuse OP of that thread of bogus stories ,,

[edit on 12-5-2008 by BrezhnevX]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Another gem from MEMRI

Having seen a few of these videos I am suddenly overcome with an anti-war sentiment and a sense of violent radicalisation

is Memri , supposed to a pentagon proapganda source???

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Fortunately, since others have already pointed this out, I won't have to go into a tirade about this being propaganda. There are hundreds of thousands of websites, many of which purport to be 'watching' 'Islamist' internet activity.

This is one of those, that for some magical reason seem to be diligently feeding directly into the governments' recent 'call to arms' regarding the internet being a 'weapon system.' - coincidence? I leave that determination to you, dear readers...

By the way, if anyone cares to look into it, try and find any indication on the website about who exactly runs MEMRI, where their funding comes from, what, aside from popularist media they have actually worked on..., etc. That information does not appear to be readily forthcoming.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

as usual , I can say that you are a fascist pentagon/NSA propaganda agent , like you accuse OP of that thread of bogus stories ,,

"NSA propaganda agent"

Funny. And a clear demonstration of just how little you know about the NSA.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

It may seem stupid, but as always the machinations of the elite are veiled in secrecy.

Most likely (therefore obviously yes), this is an attempt by those seeking to control the progress of the "War on Terror" (or as i like to call it - "The Endless War") by discrediting those whom oppose the decisions of the Bush Cru'.

Character assassination at it's most basic and rudimentary form, really.

This is but a part of a greater instrumentation.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

"NSA propaganda agent"

Funny. And a clear demonstration of just how little you know about the NSA.

NSA is national security agency , and has a massive database on americans , and is shrouded with labyrinth of secrecy.....

so like why not could they be hiring propaganda agents???

seems to be imperialists using various methods for internet control
-------
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

absolutely agree , character assassination at best

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
And what did I say all those posts ago?
It took you guys that long to figure out MEMRI is another state-sponsored bullsh*t factory?

Look at their videos, outright anti-Islamic propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join