It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bishop - Aliens and AVP..Ive got the answers finally!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
OK as you are aware from the previous AVP thread discussion, ive investigated and worked out the diffrence between Bishop from AVP and Bishop from Aliens 3.

Now according to Wikipedia, it appears that Bishop from AVP was Charles Weyland Bishop, and Bishop from Aliens was credit as ''Bishop II''. NOW,
according to wikipedia quote below, This is Michael Bishop, who claims is the creator of Bishop, however in the original version it shows him getting hit over the head giving the impression he is an android, in the Alien3 special addition it shows blood and he yells out 'im not an android!'....BUT according to Allen Dean Fosters novelisation it gives Bishop II the name of Michael Bishop making him human (possibly a descendant?) see the bit from wikipedia below from Lance Henricksen...my impression is...i really doubt that in AVP they would have stuffed that up, but you never know maybe the next movie explains it better now that it ends with an introduction to Yutani?

In the final scene of Alien 3, a squad of Weyland-Yutani soldiers arrives to retrieve Ripley and the Alien queen gestating inside her. With them is a man identical to the android Bishop (also played by Lance Henriksen and listed in the film's credits as "Bishop II"). Though Ripley at first believes him to be another android, Bishop II claims that he is in fact the man who designed the Bishop series, sent by the company to show Ripley "a friendly face."[citation needed] When prisoner Morse is shot in the leg by one of the soldiers, Mr. Aaron ("85") attacks Bishop II with a monkey wrench, calling him a "#ing android".[citation needed] Though the theatrical edition of the film is not clear on whether the character was human or an android, the "Assembly Cut" released with the Alien Quadrilogy boxed set in 2003 shows Bishop II bleeding red blood and groaning in pain, with a flap of ear and skin hanging from his face. Reeling from the injury, he reasserts that he is human by screaming, "I'm not a droid!".[citation needed] This portion, however, was cut from the theatrical release of the film.

The 2004 film Alien vs. Predator cast Lance Henriksen as Charles Bishop Weyland, CEO of Weyland Industries. Though Henriksen had previously declared in the commentary track of Alien 3 that Bishop II was human,[citation needed] he later went on record, along with Alien vs. Predator director Paul W. S. Anderson, to clear up the matter, stating that Bishop II was an android.[citation needed] However, Alan Dean Foster's Alien 3 novelization gives Bishop II the name "Michael Bishop" and clearly indicates his status as human.[citation needed] He is also listed as human in the shooting script of the film.[citation needed] Due to the conflicting sources and implications, the question of whether the Bishop II character is a human or an android remains ambiguous at best.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by q_ball]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
the next AVP will explain everything. It will also explain how the derelic starship got to the planet where the original ripley crew lands. AVP is a prequel trilogy. Expect to see bishop again in AVP3.

obviously, Bishop from AVP1 cloned himself or made an android based on his looks. remember he's rich and has robotic tech.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Will be interesting to see where this goes or if another aliens movie is in the works perhaps?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The AvP movies are based AFTER the events from the first two Predator movies but BEFORE the events in the Alien movies. Mr. Weyland in AvP was human and after his death the Weyland-Yutani Corp. created the Bishop Android who first appeared in Aliens. As for Bishop II in A3, I have always believed him to be an android. At the end of the movie when Aaron hits him over the head he shouts "f***ing android!" Now it doesn't matter in the slightest that he had red blood pouring down his face, if you look at that scene closely you will see a huge open gash in the side of his head and his ear is basically hanging on the side of his face. Other clues for him being an android lay in what he says as Ripley is preparing to fall to her death, the line: "You must let me have it, it's a magnificent specimen", which was a homage to Aliens where Bishop is dissecting the facehugger in the lab. The end scene in A3 where Bishop appears is also called: 'Never Trust a Bishop"

As that Wikipedia article states: "Due to the conflicting sources and implications, the question of whether the Bishop II character is a human or an android remains ambiguous at best", is correct, it's left up to the viewer to decide whether or not he's human. As the '[citation needed]' links state, it's not confirmed 100% either way, as I said it's left up to the viewer to descide. Now in my opinion, if AvP3 goes ahead and Lance Henriksen is in it, he will once again have to take on the role as an android, there isn't really an alternative as he was killed in AvP, as I said the AvP movies slot between the Predator and Alien movies so unless AvP3 goes back to before the events in the first AvP, he can't really play the role of Mr. Weyland again. But I suppose because alot of things have been messed up and lots of confusion has taken place since AvP, anything is possible when it comes to Fox and crappy writers and directors who at the end of the day, couldn't really give a hoot whether or not it contradicts events in the previous movies.

Now jedimiller wrote: "the next AVP will explain everything. It will also explain how the derelic starship got to the planet where the original ripley crew lands. AVP is a prequel trilogy." I will hoping and praying that NEVER happens because the last thing I wan't to see is another crappy writer(s) and director(s) messing up the mystery surrounding the Derelict ship and Space Jockies, that should be left well alone and always remain a mystery. Many people have their own ideas and beliefs surrounding where/why/how the Space Jockey came to be and the last thing any true fan wants is seeing someone elses ideas about that being portrayed on screen. They nearly messed it up with the Predator homeworld in AvPR, that in my opinion should also remain a mystery and be left up to fans imaginations of what it really looks likes, thank god they only showed afew seconds worth of it!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent Venom

My first post outlines every thing you just mentioned there, but as i can see you agree it may a android, but im led to believe its human..because in alien resurrection the android has white blood, and that 200 years after Alien3. I have the distinct feeling its a clone or a relative as the novelization, labels this particular bishop in Alien 3 as Michael Bishop.

And hopefully this will get sorted in the next AVP movie. Also does any one know where there is more info on AVP3?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Only the first part of what I wrote did. As I said it's left up to the viewer to decide whether or not they think he's human or an android, its never been confirmed either way. The red/white blood isn't really an issue, it's the other factors that give you the clues. The android in A:R was a different model, just like Ash from Alien was a different model than Bishop. As for the AvP3, I gave a link to the article in your other thread.

new topics

top topics

join