It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Echelon System. Proof.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Carnivore is a notehr similar system, they operate on keywords adn yes the NSA has plenty of capacity to monitor communications the world over. If you don't believe that, pick up your cell phone and call a friend, mention the words b*mb and president, nuclear, etc. they don't even have to be sequential and more than likely you will be in for a visit.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Here's one for you. It seems to only work the first time you send an email. But try this:

1) Send an email with the words "Bush Blair Howard Assassination" in the subject line to another email account.

2) Wait 30seconds, then send an identical email to the same email account.

Check this email account, and check the order that the messages come in (check the time stamps). Every person I've known who has done this has received the SECOND email FIRST. But on their next attempt, the emails arrive i the right order... something seems to slow them down the first time they are sent... coincidence?

edit: by the way I got this off an issue of FHM of either early this year or late last year (from an interview with a highly regarded computer monitoring and security professional from memory)

[edit on 27-9-2004 by LordGoofus]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Enigma is to phones what Microsoft is to PCs.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I believe that the real use of the echelon system is a OS.
I think that it is used to keep control of the files.
the real watcher is an other system that is much larger and probably also stronger.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Some of the posters on this thread *do* seem to know what they are talking about, but some of you proably are not....

First of all, Echelon is a *surveiillance network* that captures things in emails, faxtransmissions etc. Echelon has apparently been used for the benefit of US-based companies and EU did a investigation somewhere back in '98 or '99 regarding Echelon if I remember correctly. (I can try to track this down for you tomorrow)

Some of you described Echelon as some sort of Internet Spider that seeks out sites at the Internet, which is probably untrue, since it wasn't designed this way. Some user in this post provided quite a good bunch of links to start reading, which some of you probably should do. (I don't think some sort of AI is behind it either...probably read too much sci-fi lately, have you? *LoL*)

Carnivore is not Echelon, but was - at least when I read papers on it a couple of years ago - a device (probably a builtin computer with a large harddisk and fast CPU and NIC together with sniffer SW) that an ISP connects to its trunklines. It functions AFAIK exactly like an IDS would, picking up traffic in promiscous mode, but instead of finding attacks-patterns like an IDS would it seeks out keywords and/or sessions. (There are a lot of products out there that ISPs use to gather traffic-info on their customers that have similar functionality anyway)

You could build your own Carnivore unit with a PC and Iris from Eeye if you fancy it... *LoL*

www.eeye.com...

Basically Carnivore is nothing special that some of you may believe, just plain vanilla local network-surveillance.

// k

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
One way to check Echelon system for yourself...

Next time your on the phone starting talking about terrorists, Bin Laden, Killing the president and other key words. Next thing you will hear, is the phoning clicking after you've said something and a humming sound on the phone.

( WARNING! THIS COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS TROUBLE. DO NOT PISSING AROUND WITH THEIR SYSTEM. THEY DONT LIKE IT
)

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordlefty
If it DOES do what it says is can do, then NOTHING transmitted electronically is safe from the eyes or ears of some guy sitting in GCHQ or the NSA.

Not true, just encrypt your emails. And those of you who say that they will "decrypt" the data obviously do not know much about encryption.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

Originally posted by lordlefty
If it DOES do what it says is can do, then NOTHING transmitted electronically is safe from the eyes or ears of some guy sitting in GCHQ or the NSA.

Not true, just encrypt your emails. And those of you who say that they will "decrypt" the data obviously do not know much about encryption.

They can decrypt pretty much anything, PGP Version 5 is banned (you can still get it somewhere on the net) due to it not having a master key, it would take agencies weeks to crack it.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by T-B0
(855.469.1075.100) I think this is some code maby telling something to someone.

Looks like the numerical address for an url.

All website addresses have a numerical version that the computer reads, the names are merely for ease of use.

This particular one is for a UK website www.servicecentre.co.uk.

Think you'll find someone was just adding to the definition of Echelon.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by T-B0
Iv seen the Echelon system come in the ATS room once.
This is what it said.

PEPAIR:NORMAL|XML|FEED

echelon is NSA's watchdog system for the net

(855.469.1075.100) I think this is some code maby telling something to someone.

encryptionkey: AB78FCD9238CD83E3B98CA

That was all it said then it left.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by T-B0]

Usually when a person visits a website with their browser they leave an entry in the webserver's logfile(s). You can modify the code that identifies your browser, which is what this is. The NSA would _not_ leave entries like that in a server's log, it's a joke by someone, I've seen it elsewhere. Next time check the IP address the entry originates from, you can do a traceroute to it and quite easily see if it's a government network or not. I've seen real echelon IP's online before, however I would not suggest tracerouting them...

ks

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The U.S. government spies on its citizens all the time! I live in New Zealand, so I am not sure whether the SIS spies on its own people just like that, but I do doubt it as they aren't really that advanced when it comes to technology.

But I know that the U.S. government spies or can spy on almost anybody.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is fascinating. (and, very old - any recent info on this?)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join