It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Echelon System. Proof.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
www.fas.org...

Update:
Your headquarter for Echelon Info.
www.fas.org...

Once again seeing as I have already posted 5 new links in my Corporation thread and this is an extremely interesting issue, I decided to put this tid bit out on its own thread.

Several reports sponsored by the European Parliament have alleged that NSA operates an international sigint collection effort, known as Echelon, that intercepts communications worldwide in order to provide economic intelligence to U.S. corporations. On July 5, 2000, the European Parliament voted to undertake a further investigation of Echelon; the resultant draft report on Echelon was made public on May 18, 2001. Maintaining that NSA operates in accordance with existing statutes and executive orders, senior U.S. officials have strongly disputed claims that intelligence agencies assist U.S. corporations competing with foreign firms. They acknowledge, however, that intelligence agencies collect information regarding the use of bribery and other illegal efforts by foreign firms in competition with U.S. corporations. Indications of such foreign efforts are provided to the State and Commerce Departments. (See CRS Report RS20444, Project Echelon: U.S. Electronic Surveillance Efforts, by Richard A. Best, Jr.; Updated March 2, 2000.)

Only another link to corporations and the government if you ask me.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Agent47]

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The eschelon system has been official for years. In britain it was recently brought into the media spotlight after a worker for GCHQ (The UK equivilent of the NSA) revealed that it was being used to spy on the UN. It is no longer secret, everybody knows and is willing to admit it exists, even the UK governement who is the USA's most prominent partner in the project.

The only conspiracy surrounding it is how much it is being used to spy on us, the innocent populations of each country, and our phone calls, emails etc, and how much it is being used for corporate purposes.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
"The eschelon system has been official for years. In britain it was recently brought into the media spotlight after a worker for GCHQ (The UK equivilent of the NSA) revealed that it was being used to spy on the UN. It is no longer secret, everybody knows and is willing to admit it exists, even the UK governement who is the USA's most prominent partner in the project.

The only conspiracy surrounding it is how much it is being used to spy on us, the innocent populations of each country, and our phone calls, emails etc, and how much it is being used for corporate purposes."

i dont like it when people are so for global peace and unity of the people..... yet so against a government keeping up to date on decisions other governments are tkaing.
this british woman was utterly stupid. i think she deserves a prison sentence - she betrayed her collegues and her country. she joined a job like that and she was so naive to expect to support and believe in everything she'd read. she signed the official secrets act and she broke it. that act is there for a reason and i think its sickening that she breaks the act yet gets away with it.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

i dont like it when people are so for global peace and unity of the people..... yet so against a government keeping up to date on decisions other governments are tkaing.

Are you saying that you are AGAINST global peace and unity?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
against unity, not peace

without big govs, there would be no big wars

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Iv seen the Echelon system come in the ATS room once.
This is what it said.

PEPAIR:NORMAL|XML|FEED

echelon is NSA's watchdog system for the net

(855.469.1075.100) I think this is some code maby telling something to someone.

encryptionkey: AB78FCD9238CD83E3B98CA

That was all it said then it left.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by T-B0]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by T-B0
Iv seen the Echelon system come in the ATS room once.
This is what it said.

PEPAIR:NORMAL|XML|FEED

(855.469.1075.100) I think this is some code maby telling something to someone.

encryptionkey: AB78FCD9238CD83E3B98CA

That was all it said then it left.

Wait so thats all it said? I didnt direct it to anyone or anything?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It might have ben directing it at someone i dont know for sure.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

It might have ben directing it at someone i dont know for sure.

Howd you know it was the Echelon system.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
what is the echelon system????

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Posted by agent47

Howd you know it was the Echelon system.

It said this remember PEPAIR:NORMAL|XML|FEED

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
oohhhhh i see would they checking up on us right now??? because this is such a large conspiracy site

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It said this remember PEPAIR:NORMAL|XML|FEED

So you believe it exists because some have said that the NSA has no feasible way to handle all that memory needed to watch the net.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I dont know much about echelon I dont know if it exists.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I dont know much about echelon I dont know if it exists.

Echelon is openly acknowledged by the governments of New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States, and it is these governments who operate it. It is official, and it DOES exist to the capabilities conspiracy theorists attribute to it. Whether the system actually DOES what conspiracy theorists and the governments say it can do is the subject of conspiracy theories. If it DOES do what it says is can do, then NOTHING transmitted electronically is safe from the eyes or ears of some guy sitting in GCHQ or the NSA.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I know pretty much everything there is to know about the system. It does exist, has been in existance for many years, and the government do not do much to cover it up. Also known as a GSN (Global Surveillance Network), it operates off a series of low-orbiting satellites, which report back to a WAN of logging systems, these are housed around the world, many according to global positions - New Zealand , Pine Gap - Australia etc.

Main monitoring is usually directed at Satellite and GSM Phone networks, e-mail communications and land-lines. The Echelon database operates on a pre-defined keyword query engine (eg - 'bomb', 'weapon'). Once selected within a timeframe, a result is generated once the database query is requested. Thus giving the user access to conversations, sms messaging, e-mails etc.

I could guarantee that a handful of US Corporations are using the Echelon GSN for financial gain.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
PS - TB0, That was not 'Echelon' either. It would be the same as me coming on here and telling you that I was Jesus.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
N.S.A. Backdoor virus in all windows OS since win95!
The National Security Agency has a key installed into a .DLL in windows.
even versions sold to foriegn countries.
Are you a System Administator in charge of security?
Then you MUST read this!
www.heise.de...

Export version of Lotus Notes provides trapdoor for NSA.
Only the NSA can listen so that's OK
www.heise.de...

Austrailian Echelon
www.heise.de...

Echelon is a system used by the United States National Security Agency (NSA) to intercept and process international communications passing via communications satellites. It is one part of a global surveillance systems that is now over 50 years old. Other parts of the same system intercept messages from the Internet, from undersea cables, from radio transmissions, from secret equipment installed inside embassies, or use orbiting satellites to monitor signals anywhere on the earth's surface. The system includes stations run by Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, in addition to those operated by the United States. Although some Australian and British stations do the same job as America's Echelon sites, they are not necessarily called "Echelon" stations. But they all form part of the same integrated global network using the same equipment and methods to extract information and intelligence illicitly from millions of messages every day, all over the world.

www.heise.de...

Echelon watch
archive.aclu.org...

echeelon in New Zealand
mediafilter.org...

Echelon in England
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

The problem as I see it is private communication does not exist.
A legal wiretap requires a court order; even privileged exchanges between lawyer and client are intercepted.
But what really concerns me is that National security legislation, such as the patriot act, allow domestic intelligence gathered in this manner to be used as evidence in court.
This undermines the constitutional right to privacy, 1984 was prophetic.
I believe we now stand at a critical crossroad in the future of free society.
The gathering of this information must be allowed.
But how the information is handled and disseminated must be carefully regulated and controlled, to insure the preservation of civil liberties.
Even the abilities of FEMA to suspend civil and constitutional rights in the event of a National emergency should be carefully examined, within that legislation there exists NO TIMETABLE or guidelines for re-instituting the constitution!
The lessons of McCarthyism and Hitler must not be forgotten.
I am not overly paranoid about this, but there is a strong pattern emerging, and I am concerned.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
the more power we grant our government the more they will be able to slip past the bill of rights. we cannot regulate and control something we have no knowledge of. they are tightening their grip on information everyday. im no computer buff, but i do know that the NSA employs a lot of the worlds top hackers.

what they do with all of that info, who knows?

im just glad im on their side

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join