It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

posting limit?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I've seen members here on ATS who have been members for a month and they have like 2,000 posts.

It's ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

i just noticed that too. was he banned or something?

I asked Kano the same question and he told me that the staff are discussing about what to do with him, and temporarily his posts have been made invisible. Good Lord.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Seekerof... i agree with what WilliamOneSac said as well. i started this thread not to bash or flame anyone, more of just wondering how it can be allowed for some members to just post so much, especially when the posts are ridiculous. then upon asking if he was banned it was not to flame him, i just have no idea what happens upon the banning of someone.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I remember last week going to edit a typo in one of my threads, but hitting the wrong button and entering a single character reply instead. I got a message saying that my reply was not long enough. I assume that was to avoid the problem with many other sites where people just post
or
without bothering to add anything of interest to the thread. It's a good idea and made sure that I didn't end up looking like a

I wonder if there is some way of doing the same for 'crappy' posts made to increase points. Maybe the ranking system could be made to automatically remove threads considered (less than 2 rank points ?). I don't think a posting limit would work. It wouldn't just penalise those making such posts, but also those who genuinely post threads of interest.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I feel sort of bad now, because today I started a thread about why muslim exremists hate the US, and I asked people for their thoughts. Sorry about that, I won't do it again.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
true, somepeople will post meaningless topics and threads a milliont imes a day and it can get old....

but there are times when in one thread, a group of members may get into a heated debate, and if there was a limit like of 25 posts a day, these could get trampled.

ive seen legit debates in one thread with over 25 posts per member, so if the post is legit, why should there be a limit?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I've seen members here on ATS who have been members for a month and they have like 2,000 posts.

It's ridiculous.

Not necessarily. I haven't been here all that long, and have quite a few points. I will admit to a few frivolous posts, but by and large, they've all been good posts, IMHO, or course.

When I found this forum, I had lots of thoughts and questions about things I've recently read and heard. I was very anxious to share and question. And, I've started a few threads that had moderate interest to ohers. And, I've spent a good amount of time here.

It's too bad we need a thread like this and it's too bad there is a need to question the motives of posters.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join