It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

posting limit?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

how? i'd like to know so i can get those 100k and 200k milesone prizes soon!

I can't give away all the secrets just yet.

lol, maybe I will start an eBay site where I charge 20 bucks to let you access my super secret point farming power tactics.

/rambles on about the scheme

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
you only have 720 points how do you think youd have such a good plan to rack up points

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
are you referring to me??? i actually answer the questions.....

Now that was hilarious.

Lysergic, Can I have your Avatars Phone #?
I guess this would be a pointless post. Well I made my contribution today.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The biggest problem is with people trying to "farm points" by opening new threads. They know they get points if people reply, so they "cut and paste" one paragraph from a web site and say look at this. They don't put any thought into the new thread, instead they just hope other people will do that for them. Just look at the new topics posted in one day by the same person.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

you only have 720 points how do you think youd have such a good plan to rack up points

I have 720 cause I blow my points, they have no cash value you know. I mess around with backgrounds too much I guess but hey I like variety.

Also don't doubt the plan, if I sought to be point farming god, it'd be fairly easy, really simple if you think about it.

=

Trickmaster, yeah I want her number too.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
The biggest problem is with people trying to "farm points" by opening new threads. They know they get points if people reply, so they "cut and paste" one paragraph from a web site and say look at this. They don't put any thought into the new thread, instead they just hope other people will do that for them. Just look at the new topics posted in one day by the same person.

lol, I didn't even know you got points if they reply to a thread you created, ok that basically triples my eBay scam, I mean eBay programs effectiveness.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sometimes I respond to stuff just to see my Avatar. I didn't think anyone minded.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
lol you have problems man just to look at your avatar???? just go the link of the image

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
I think that this open, and honest discussion is valuable, and I think it is good. However I would also urge people to use the complaint function, as sometimes these discussions can become less than civil.

this is true, and i thought of putting this through the complaint function.but then i wanted other people's input as well so i decided on putting it in here. also, so far this has remained fairly civil, but i do what you eman how things can get out of hand.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

lol you have problems man just to look at your avatar???? just go the link of the image

Bah, then I'm the only one that gets to see it. I'm trying to spread the love!

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

im not whoring points.....i just have a very open mind...but everybody thinks im an idiot....

look man, just chill out k
. everyone is welcome on this board until you piss everybody off. maybe you should hang out in BTS a little more. you can "voice your opinion" all you want and not be accused of whoring.

but if you keep on like this, i will support this: :so03:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
bts is boring like top secret stuff..........

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You could stick a "Stupid User Alert" button. Anything over 25 hits from unique accounts would automate a post to Cosmic.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

bts is boring like top secret stuff..........

so you agree that your posts will be welcomed and appreciated in BTS. good for you, admission is the first step to recovery. now go have a few. and quit being such a smart@ss

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I was just checking to see what pearls of wisdom were last posted by CookieMonster000 in some threads I was following, and unless my eyes deceive me they have vanished like magic trick. Encore! Encore!

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
thats how i lost all my points

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
I was just checking to see what pearls of wisdom were last posted by CookieMonster000 in some threads I was following, and unless my eyes deceive me they have vanished like magic trick. Encore! Encore!

So you can't see cookiemonster anymore either? I thought the mods just made it invisible to me, to put it out of my misery.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre

i just noticed that too. was he banned or something? in my short time here on ATS i think the only person that has been banned was energy_wave and i never bothered with any of his posts to see if they were deleted.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I would wholeheartedly agree with what WilliamOneSac has mentioned.

Objective criticism is well and good and healthy at times but allowing this fruitful discussion to erode or descend into chaotic member flamming is unbecoming, demeaning, pointless, and not fruitful to open discussion of this ongoing debated issue.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I agree with Seekerof. That was a cheap shot on my part and I apologize.
I honestly was looking to see what new posts he had put out there, but it was more curiosity to see how things had digressed than actual interest in the topic.

On topic, a posting limit would not affect me at all. I can't really claim to be an "expert" on any topic, I am not skilled in debating, and there are relatively few forums I actively follow, so I don't make a lot of posts. Some members are such good sources of information and present it so well it gives me an inferiority complex that I would only make worse by making a lot of goofy posts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join