It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Students Suspended for not Standing for Pledge

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
*Scratches head*

No i don't have dandruff, i'm about the approach the issue from another avenue of thought.

No one asked these kids why they refused to stand, they were kicked out of their school faster than you can say the opening verse of the lord's prayer backwards (if you can).

In fact, no one seems to particularly give a damn why these kids refused to stand.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
By the way, i never said the lord's prayer backwards.

I don't believe in linguistical semantics.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
reply to post by Zealott

the reason its still a free country is because guys like him fought for it..

I think the point is that if we tolerate these types of abuses then it is not a free country anymore. The oath says all enemies foreign and domestic...

if u wernt a perfect german, u'd be in a labor camp

Sounds similar to if you are not a perfect American, you are thrown out of school. Ironic?

[edit on 17-5-2008 by wytworm]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I just have one question. Why is the pledge equated with thanking vets for their service? There is nothing in there about them.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

good point..

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

just a comment made by zelot my point was that it could be a lot worse..

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

another very good point.. i think i mentioned that.. to many great threads hard to keep up

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

Its a flag lapel pin issue. It is a symbol of 'patriotism' often in the absence of true patriotism. To me true patriotism includes dissent, critical thought, along with the more traditional forms.

To me the pledge or the flag pin as a litmus test for 'patriotism' is really a test for nationalism which has only ever been conflated with patriotism by one or two other countries in the late 1930's. We all know what happened to them!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
the pledge in america reminds me of communist countries where everyone stands and hails the great leader. Nationalism used by governments to make a nice obedient population.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join