It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skepticism halts our spiritual progress :(

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by therevelation
THEY DELETED THE POST (DAY 1)

I'm sorry guys, I did everything I could!

WHO deleted WHAT post? Are yopu sure you didn't just edite the post out yourself? From now on maybe the person that first replies to you should quote your post to save it for everyone to see.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
No they didn't. they just moved it to the 'skunk works' forum. that's where all us crazies hang out

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The mods constantly delete them for no valid reason

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The mods constantly delete them for no valid reason

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JmanFIVEk
Skepticism halts religious propaganda, not spiritualism. If your mom is so "impressive" why hasn't she claimed the $1MIL JREF prize?

I don't know anything about your deleted messages but 146 pages sounds like spam to me.

actually the people like randi and jref who say that they will give 10,000-1 million dollars to a person that can prove that paranormal things are real, are in fact fake themselves.

I spoke to Joe Montaldo the director of The International Community for Alien Research (I.C.A.R). He is practically my neighbor, and he told me that there have been tons of people that have come forward. He mentioned an abducte that was able to move objects "telekenissi". They went to these 1mil prove that paranormal things are real people and they just didnt want to go through with it, they didnt want to give them the money or place them in the public eye...its all bull%%

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think the belief that we should all quaff down what your mother heard is just a little unrealistic.

My grandmother used to do that too -- hand Mom stacks and stacks of "chanellings," that Mom stuffed in a drawer and I don't know what ever happened to them.

It's nice your mother can do this; but please spare us all. Better yet, develop your own psi abilities and maybe someday soon you'll have traffic to listen to also.

BTW, the way to begin learning how is to get a tone generator and get used to hearing very low tones, 3-15 Hertz. Then your brain will be able to pick up messages from the subtle dimensions.

Good luck.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The road to Truth is a long, hard, lonely, path. Buddha called it the "razor's edge"; One needs to only look at people such as Gandhi to realize how Strife-rid it truly is. I am no Guru. I have no paranormal abilities. I am only a spiritually inclined college student that has knowledge of the coming Storm and practices a martial art with only one master of the system left alive in the world today. The only thing I can do is feel the energy in body and around me that my master calls chi and which science dubs zero point energy and even the scientists say the "brain" can tap into. There is nothing "paranormal" about that.
Enlightenment comes like a bolt of lightning and there is nothing you can do to hurry it along other than leading a "good", simple life. "The fruit will drop when its ripe". Not before, nor after, but rather in its own time. There is a time coming soon enough when Man will learn the Truth, and while I respect the OP for trying in some way to get through to people for lack of better words, it is ultimately up to the individual. They will come to the path in their own time. The Masters know this; why else would they live their lives on mountains high and wait for disciples to come to them? I can assure that it isn't entirely because of clean air...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thanks Torsten,

Your words are kind and make much sense!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't see how we can progress in anything through ignorance and gullibility. There's nothing wrong with keeping an open mind, but the important thing is to logically and rationally move our knowledge forward without slipping back into stupidity.

If ignorance is bliss, it is foolish to be wise.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup I don't see how we can progress in anything through ignorance and gullibility. There's nothing wrong with keeping an open mind, but the important thing is to logically and rationally move our knowledge forward without slipping back into stupidity. If ignorance is bliss, it is foolish to be wise.

You know what I finally saw was that what they teach in church about the "fruits of the spirit" (love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control) is exactly opposite to what is considered wise by successful people who are competitive, demanding and dominating.

This makes it hard to know how to act sometimes. Everybody wants to be successful but who wants to be a jerk?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarcastic
(love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control)

Does anyone else (incl sarc. - i understood what u wrote) find long-suffering, mildness, and self-control different than the rest? I tend to think they don't belong in a list of 'fruits of the spirit'. while i agree that they are often characteristics of a 'master', i don't find them to be so necessarily; as i do the others. thoughts?
-v

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, everyone is a skeptic. Most people on these boards are skeptical of the establishment and the MSM. I'm skeptical of many things on these boards. YOU, OP, are skeptical of belief systems that are anathema to yours. You are, actually, skeptical of 'classic' skeptics. If a claim is made than the burden of proof is on the that person. That person should put up solid evidence in the face of rational skepticism; and face the firing squad. A solid performance will be rewarded with wide acceptance. A person should not make a claim and ask people to disarm their skepticism 'for this one.' That reeks of a charlatan to me.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarcastic

Originally posted by Nohup I don't see how we can progress in anything through ignorance and gullibility. There's nothing wrong with keeping an open mind, but the important thing is to logically and rationally move our knowledge forward without slipping back into stupidity. If ignorance is bliss, it is foolish to be wise.

You know what I finally saw was that what they teach in church about the "fruits of the spirit" (love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control) is exactly opposite to what is considered wise by successful people who are competitive, demanding and dominating.

This makes it hard to know how to act sometimes. Everybody wants to be successful but who wants to be a jerk?

I know exactly how you feel, because I've felt the same way myself.

In the end, I don't think you need to be a jerk to be successful.

However, you must be a little stingy to be rich, because it's like the only possible way to save money.

Now, money is not everything... goes back to what you believe is more important to you, spiritual or physical progress!

You can do both, but they seem to contradict themselves somewhere along the way!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by therevelation

Thevevelation--- I in no way want to belittle your beliefs. I just want to give my opinion about something. Be open and yes even skeptical at times, to the messages which you say are channeled. While I am sure people can make contact with good spirits, there are also dark spirits who come through in that manner and can take hold of your spirit and soul.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join