It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: Above Politics Show 15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Above Politics Show 15

Martin and Justin comment on the recent Indiana and North Carolina primaries. What IS Hillary Clinton up to? Is she staying in the presidential race because she's stubborn? Or, is there some other dark purpose at work? Would she seriously consider giving Obama the Vince Foster treatment? ATS Member Xpert11 wins this week's trivia challenge, while Martin enjoys his new tea pot. Justin discovers that U.S. Republicans may have more in common with the U.K. Labor Party than he realized. Is the "third term curse" real? Listen, and find out!

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS SHOW THREAD ONLY!

New Shows Posted On Mondays Now!

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Where They Are Downloaded To Your computer Automatically.

Please FLAG, STAR and DIGG This Mutha!

length: 39:51
file: atsmix_2924.mp3
size: 14013k
feed: atsmix

[edit on 5/11/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Martin, I believe you are refering to the Warsaw Pact, signed on May 1st, 1955.

From Article 11:

In the event of the organisation of a system of collective security in Europe and the conclusion of a general European treaty of collective security to that end, which the contracting parties shall unceasingly seek to bring about, the present treaty shall cease to be effective on the date the general European treaty comes into force.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I would not exclude the arsenic and old lace scenario. She may also be waiting for someone else to do the dirty work for her.
As long as she never gives up and never completely looses, she is heir apparent to the candidacy.

She may believe she can rig the votes and pull a miracle out of the Diebold machines. But I think she would have played that card already.

I think she has a nuke up her sleeve but knows it will burn her too. So she is playing to extort the VP role, rather than just push the button.
She will spring whatever she has if she has no choice. That is perfectly clear.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Initially the Australian Electoral Commission will write to all apparent non-voters requesting that they either provide a reason for their failure to vote or pay a $20 penalty.

If, within 21 days, the apparent non-voter fails to reply, cannot provide a valid and sufficient reason or declines to pay the penalty, then prosecution proceedings may be instigated. If the matter is dealt with in court and the person is found guilty, he or she may be fined up to $50 plus court costs

Source

I was never old enough to vote in Australia. I think it has been a very long time since they increased the penalty for not voting . I can say this because thirty(SP?) odd years ago my Mum was caught unaware and fined somewhere in the region $20 if I recall correctly.

I would support the introduction of compulsory voting in New Zealand if the issue ever arose .

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I forgot to add in my last post that I have a question for next weeks guest .

Would you support political reforms and public funding for political party's in order to give third party's and there candidates a fair go at being elected ?

Cheers xpert11 .

[edit on 13-5-2008 by xpert11]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Another great show lads.

I listen to most of the shows, missed a couple I will admit, and I love 'em.

But.....

How come no Canadian Politics? We have some great (by great I mean some interesting, I"d hardly call some of it great) stuff happening up here.

For example.

The debate here rages on about our role in Afghanistan, www.angus-reid.com...

A another recent one that seems light but if some of the accusations are true, it could get interesting.

Our Foreign Affairs Minister's girlfriend had ties with Biker Gangs in Quebec.

She even had a contract out on her by the head of the Quebec HA at one time. Now the Star is a Liberal source, and our Minority Gov. is Conservative but if the allegations are true, even some of them, it won't go away easy.

Then there's a really goody....

I'll give ya the wiki version, as it provides a good overview of the whole deal but here it is in a nut shell, if your not familiar with it. A Former PM of Canada took as much as $300,000 in cash from a German Arms Dealer/Lobbyist for the sale of some airplanes. It was known as the Airbus Affair. Mulroney won a defamation lawsuit against the Canadian Government in '97 for 2.1 million bucks for legal fees. But it turns out he may have lied under oath at the time of the lawsuit.

The dirt is endless up/over here.

I even have a guest suggestion for you.
Your talking third parties next show, How about talking to the head of the Canadian Action Party, Connie Fogal. She could tell you about leading a small party plus she is passionate about some of the subjects we cover here on ATS.

We've got a decent representation from the Great White North here, so you could show us some love.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
We've got a decent representation from the Great White North here, so you could show us some love.

You've got yourself a deal. I've just sent you a note to discuss a possible interview.

If any of our listeners want to "speak up" about something, they should be brave like GAOTU789 and "speak up."

Even if you don't want to use our soap box, you may know somebody who'd be a good interview. Tell us, and we'll see what we can do.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
**ahem**

I know that you guys hate to think that only two guys are listing to the show and that their the same two guys who are bothering to answer the trivia question.

But it'd also be kinda cool if ye could let us know if we'd gotten it wrong. Did I answer correctly? If not, say so. I'll look some more.

Neglect is never appreciated. Martin, I'm looking in yer direction....

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Keen to get the glory of the right answer Tuning Spork and you are quite right.

It was the Warsaw Pact. Points to be delivered

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
We're doing everything e can to get interesting interviews. ATS members and people from many different walks of life. the "above politics" angle gives us a lot of room to work with. If you can help us get one of those interesting interviews, we can make it worth your while with applause points.

new topics

top topics

join