It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking keeps us free!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Wow. Digging into this site reminds me of when my friends and I used to visit the new Tampa International Airport.
One of the games we would play was everybody get on a different tram and see how long it took us to find each other again. It is a funny thing about "How Things Work", that we would eventually come back together.
Now that we have a place to play we can practice being free.
This new era of expanded consciousness requires a medium that can handle our reactions and relationships.
Talking is powerful stuff.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hiyah free-energy...

Welcome to ATS! Lots to talk about on here, that's for sure
Happy posting...and enjoy your stay!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I agree. When we stop talking and stop questioning, they have won. As long as we continue to be watchful, we model the kind of society that our forefathers envisioned.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hi there, free-energy and welcome to ATS. You sound like alot of fun. Enjoy your time here and I hope to run into out there. Stop by BTS sometime when you need a good laugh, chit-chat, smile, joke or recipe.

Rush

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!!!

That sounds like it would be a fun and interesting game...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If talking keeps us free, than why are they revocking our right to the freedom of speech in high schools? I can't even state a fact such as "obama used coc aine at a younger age, and supposidly had some elicit excapade with a man named Larry St. Clair." thats ridiculious that I can not talk about those things in a so called learning facility. Im ashamed to think that my children will have to endore that kind of censorship.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DolceStir

Thank you for your outrageous comment on free speech. Speaking openly about forbidden topics can get you in trouble in more places than high school!
I think we all get rebuffs as we state our opinions. This gives us the chance to polish our approach and to get more precise facts that are closer to our real point. What we gain or loose in policies is more likely to get support from others and reflect well on you.
So, speaking freely isn't free.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
since i droped in later than you free-energy i just say: nice to meet you here!
this place is really mind opening! fantastic

communication it the key to solve everything
communication can break down barriers
no topic should be a forbidden topic
people should be free to talk about what ever they like, otherwise minds could be burried inside
since my son is at 5th grade elementary school now, (european school system) i really get the idea that they don.t want them to think by themselves and therefore they don.t want them to communicate their own thoughts rather than let them repeat silly and useless stuff
but for what purpose? my idea: to gain better control, and therefore they also establish all those silly tv-shows
watching tv prevents ppl from thinking and communication

do you think it is a difference by using the internet "just" for surfing around and playing games or communicated in forums with other people?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Yes Orange-Light,_javascript:icon('
')
It makes a huge difference to use the internet to get ourselves to a higher level.
Communicating two ways is a better experience than the one way type like TV and public school.
Silly rhymes and other group memory builders are an economical and proved way to teach a lot of facts.

But, but, but,,,

It certainly is your responsibility to make sure that the public education is supplemented by what you can do in your household.

Forbidden Topics... Hmmmmm...
First (to get it out of the way) there is a time and place for disagreement with the status quo.
Science class is better at allowing some disagreement but history class just isn't set up for it.
A web site like this helps sharpen our skills at gathering the facts that we need to give to to others to save our society from being misguided.

OK, Now The Good Stuff,
I can't wait to dig in to Forbidden Archeology, and other delicious Forbidden Knowledge not approved for your consumption on the public dollar available on this site.

Next I'm going to learn more about how to make pretty posts.
Then I hope to watch as we amaze us all by what the truth curious community can do._javascript:icon('
')

[edit on 19-6-2008 by asala]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by free-energy

Hi free-energy..

Welcome to ATS

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Is there a conspiracy to prevent free speech?
There is when we allow it to go unchallenged.
When I see the photos of space artifacts here I go to work the next day feeling a little bit freer.

Thank you neighbors for your intros.
I'll keep checking here for your comments on free speech.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Infinite Energy and Free Speech

(link to infinite here)

Artifacts Throughout Space is "the" big story of the 22nd century.

What is the energy and agriculture that supports these things?

Conspiracy is when the officials write the music.
Free Speech is when you write the music.
Individual Free Enterprise effort must go into speaking truth to power.
Free Speech is how the system stays relevant.

top topics

join