It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is depressing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The united states economy is sinking,our government wants to steal all our freedoms,global warming is more real as each day goes by it seems.what am i missing???please add.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
The united states economy is sinking,our government wants to steal all our freedoms,global warming is more real as each day goes by it seems.what am i missing???please add.

You have left out the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Let's not forget the tens of thousands of people who have been killed in Burma -- not to mention the tens of thousands who have been injured or left homeless. Oh....did we fail to mention the acts of genocide and tribal violence in Africa? Of course, there is acute poverty, hunger, homelessness and issues of safety in Haiti and, to be frank, throughout much of what we call the "third world". Must I go on? Dwelling and obsessing about the ills of our nation and, for that matter, the world IS, indeed, depressing.

Perhaps we should all stop thinking about "how depressing the state of the world is in". There is no need to identify the problems that face humanity. We already KNOW!!! Instead, we should be concerned with finding solutions.

One of my favorite adages or mottos happens to be Think Globally, Act Locally. There is very little that you or I, as individuals, can do to offer any real solutions to the overwhelming issues that confront our planet....but we can act -- and make a difference -- right in our own neighborhoods. We can identify the issues that are of concern where we live and our actions can make a difference.

Support your local food banks. Help an elderly neighbor with simple mundane tasks such as grocery shopping or even yard work. Volunteer to help at the local Humane Society, Homeless shelter or at any number of local organizations that work to serve the community. To make a difference -- a real difference -- one only need to look right in their own back yards and, most importantly, to get involved!

If you give this some thought, you might come to see that if everyone helped their neighbor and this was an action that took place EVERYWHERE.....there would be no wars, no hunger,no poverty. Sure, this is a dream that won't happen overnight but for it to happen at all we must begin to make changes right now. A small action now can make a big difference later.

Think Globally, Act Locally

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well put and i thank you.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I got a paper cut on my finger, if that counts too.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
1. Global warming is NOT real. (At least not caused by man)

2. The gub-ment is TRYING to take your freedoms. This isn't over until the fat lady sings.

3. The "economy" is a structure that protects the rich. Let it sink. We'll rebuild something better in its place. They can be bankrupt overnight if the population at large deems their gains illegally acquired, WHICH THEY ARE.

Today's rich pay off and bribe the poor to let a system continue which is responsible for making them poor in the first place! They bribe with stolen wealth. If it wasn't for all the taxation, inflation, and buying up the world with funny money, we'd all have quite a nice life and wouldn't feel so financially worried that it would make a corrupt bribe look like a solution to our problems.

Get the word out about what is happening and let people know what we can do about it.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Don't forget that the more Nuclear weapons are in the world, the greater chance of one going off.

China and the US are a Nuclear collision course. Reduce China's Nuclear buildup (recently includes 4 new Nuclear Submarines, and soon to come Aircraft Destroyers), by no longer shopping Walmart.

Global Warming is a Nuclear Warhead detinated 300 miles above your national airspace.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Life is only as depreseing as you allow to it to affect you..
There are things like love and friendship.. these things are what matters most.. 2nd comes knoweldge.. Dont ever let youself be consumed by the evils of this worl.. or it will do just htat consumeyou..

Live love, and have fun.. get laided, and enjoy the time you are given..

Yet at the same hand become a leader in your own world.

Teach those that follwo suit, they are not the students but the teachers theselfs! drop the pity party.. drop the edo..
We are all here to do what we are all here to do.

While you may not be the one.. You can be one to love and find those that willl care about you... there will be time to fulltill your partin this life..
Utnil then enjoy~!!! party. amek friends, and getwith those you can care about...
Let me say this.. Its not about sex or getting laided.. thats that manly part of life.. and if works for you then go for it..

There are many deep things in this world that transend depression..

But you are right in one sense.. LIfe can suck... But only if you let it suck.

Reality is up toyou!!! However dont get me wrong.. You are driving down the road and slam into a brick wall.. thast very real!

So try to find someone you can love... break threw the Bullcrap..and justlive your life.. Teach others that they can become leaders. and never follow.. Our life is set up to make you feel like you are nothing..
when infact you are everything to a deeper level..
know it or not, you have a univsere within yourself...
countless beings depend on you.
AS we depend upon god..
Just a thought..And only a thought.. Idont have 100% knoweldge.. I only know what I know, and whatworks for me.
Take what you need and leave the rest!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I could careless about chinas military budget spending.The united states spends way more then most countries combined.Sorry i dont see china as a threat.just cause they got nukes dont mean anything more then they wanna protect thier own region.Would be funny to see what the subs they have actually can do.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yeah, really funny i'm sure.

No ... come to think of it, yeah, China just wants to protect their own regions now with 1000 missles pointed at Taiwan. Afterall, Taiwan, Tibet and Japan are huge threats.

I suppose the rapid building of the Navy, new Nuclear missles now pointed at the US up considerably (from 13 in 1997) are all for protecting the "Motherland".

I suppose the building of long-range projection warfare aircraft including stealth, refueling tankers and more is about protecting the region.

I suppose building laser technology to knock-out satellites is about protecting the region.

I suppose putting 30% of their GDP (much of it funded by the US trade-imbalance) is about protecting the region. 30% of GDP to military is more than any other nation.

Ignorant fool you are.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

what am i missing???please add.

What are you going to do about it?

new topics

top topics

join