It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nuke cannon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
really??? did you happen to take any photos?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I do not have any photos of Atomic Annie, but I do have some photos of anzio annie somewhere.....

You can go see the weapons yourself at the Museum at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland. It was closed to the public for a year or two after 9-11, but it might be open now.

Aberdeen is the place where most army technology is sent to be tested, studied or evaluated. That also includes any foriegn army technology....tanks, rockets, rifles etc...

There is alot equipment there...probably 60 or 70 tanks out back from all wars and sides. V2 and V1 rockets.... the german railgun is probably the most impressive. It must be three semi-trucks long. Unreal.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Say what? What you're talking about here is nuclear artillery rounds, and they were pretty commonplace in Europe. They wouldn't be any use were the U.S. to be attacked, they had tactical advantage on a front line area, such as Geramny had the Red hoard boiled over the line. Of course, they had their own, so it was going to be one iritating slugfest. There should be no question why the Germans drink so much beer!

actually, i was talking about that cannon there in the first link. in a documentary i saw on the advancement of the US's nuclear weapon technology they talked about these artillery weapons, and mentiond the possible use of them in an invasion of the US.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Atomic Annie was delployed in Europe for a short time, but it took most of a day to deploy and because of the limited range (18 miles) had to be deploy clost to the frontline. Apparently the Soviets always knew where they were so in the event of war it is unliklely they would have had time to deploy and respond effectively to any invasion and if they did the Soviet would have probably taken them out with a pre-emptive air strike.
www.3ad.us...

Even more scary was the man portable 'Davy Crockett' nuclear recoiless rifle (otherwise called the Nuclear Bazooka) that had a max range of 2.9 miles took less time to set-up but you have to dig a good fox hole as you were in the blast radius!!

www.3ad.us...

Infanty squads actually carried out live fire excerises (firing a distance of 1.7 miles) with these in the 60's!!

One detail to avoid at all costs.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Popeye]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wow I learn something new each day. This is a very kewl device
I have watched half a dozen shows on nuclear weapons, and nuclear technology, and all had not mentioned this cannon once. Thanks for the kewl site!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
about these nuke bazooka's - wouldnt you die from the radiation, if not the blast? do you have any pics?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I think there are 3 of those cannons I can't remember. I have seen one that was never fired. It is on display on a hilltop outside of Fort Riley Kansas. www.roadsideamerica.com...
I was stationed there for 2 years. This ones in pretty bad disrepair but is cool to look at. Don't know where you live but maybe you could see it. Amazingly this one just sits outside no guards or anything but it's demilitarized.
Also the town it's in Junction city is the town where tim mcveigh stayed and where he built the bomb before blew up the ok city fed building. The cannon is like a mile away from the motel he stayed called Dreamland motel. Some weird sites indeed.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
That game Command and Conquer Generals has all kinds of conspiricy related weapons, nuke cannons, Aurora Bombers just to mention a few. Still a nuke cannon no surprise there.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
First place I heard of nuke cannons was C&C Generals, they also have Aurura Bombers, interesting things in that Generals game, makes me wonder...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join