It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Public Assistance? Place your finger here...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm a public assistance worker for a state agency. I thought my NWO peeps might appreciate knowing about the following:

1) In most states in the US, Public Assistance (Food Stamps, TANF aka welfare) benefits are issued to people via EBT (electronic benefit) card, much like a credit/debit card. No electricity=no access to benefits, so the truly needy end up at the mercy of the government...we witnessed this firsthand during Katrina and Rita...

There is no way to ensure that people don't sell their "benefit" cards for cash, so the potential for fraud is pretty huge. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next five years or so, EBT cards get phased out in favor of fingerprint scanners...sounds kinda far-fetched, doesn't it? Well, this'll blow your mind:

2) Another form of public assistance that we provide is in the form of benefits for parents who need help paying for childcare (the state pays most of the cost to the daycare center, the parent pays the remainder). Currently, childcare providers are required to have parents sign in/out on logsheets when dropping off/picking up kids. There is widespread fraud (daycare centers forge signatures & get paid for days when kids aren't actually being cared for at the center), so my state is considering implementation of one of the following procedures within the next five years:
a) Issue "ID" cards for each child that parents will "swipe" when dropping off/picking up
b) Fingerprinting every child & parent receiving childcare assistance, and having fingerprint scanners at every daycare center...parent/child scanned at dropoff/pickup to prove that they were actually there.

Sounds very creepy and "NWOish" to me....I'd like to know what others think about this.
Ezzi

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sorry for the bump; I wanted to edit my post to add info, but couldn't.

In Louisiana (my state), all government employees must be fingerprinted. The fingerprinting of state gov't employees takes place at various local law enforcement agencies. Anyone working in the childcare industry must also be fingerprinted by local law enforcement. These fingerprints are then forwarded to State Police, then who knows where...

I don't know if the procedure will remain the same if fingerprint scanners come into useage.

join