It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of attraction and the bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Being familiar with the law of attraction and recently reading the bible, i see that the law of attraction is mentioned in the bible several times.

Ask with intensity. Enos is a great example of one who prayed with great intensity. He wanted more than anything else to be forgiven of his sins. He described his desire and the level of intensity of his prayer: "And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul" (Enos 1:4).

Ask in sincerity. If we are to receive personal revelations, we must petition the Lord with the sincerity of our soul. If we are not serious about the things we ask the Lord, he will not bless us with answers to our prayers. Mormon cautioned, "And likewise also is it counted evil unto a man, if he shall pray and not with real intent of heart; yea, and it profiteth him nothing, for God receiveth none such" (Moroni 7:9).

Ask in humility. Our communications with Heavenly Father must be done with great humility. This is a form of reverence and respect for deity. It is submitting our will to his will. The Savior said, "Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers" (D&C 112:10).

And this quote which basicallly defines the LoA:

Ask in faith. Prayers of faith are heard and answered. The Savior gave a powerful promise concerning the power of faith in our prayers: "And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you" (3 Nephi 18:20).

There is endless more quotes is there a connection?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Uh, none of that is from the Bible.
Is it the Book of Mormon?
This might belong in BTS.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boredguy

Is there a "connection"...?
You mean with the "Law of Attraction"?

Said "law" is nothing of the sort and is only a marketing gimmick, anyway.

But the underlying principle, of course, is fundamental to life in this world.
I am very glad you found it in what I assume - perhaps incorrectly - to be your own cultural and religious tradition.
Personally I think that not only is there no need to search for such fundamental truths in other cultures - it may very well be counterproductive.
I could explain at length, but I am pretty sure that anyone who is seriously interested in such topics will see why I think so (even if they don't agree with me).

In fact, a certain school of thought that I respect enormously - the Sufis - have been advocating precisely that: that there is no need to convert anyone (in their case, to Islam) because transcendent truths have been revealed in different cultures for a purpose.

(And for that, they were, at times, savagely persecuted, by the way.)

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm just tired of all the mind games we have to play. People talk to the Universe. People talk to Karma.People talk to God. People talk to Jesus. You have to clear your mind, they say to pray so the angels will take your prayers to heaven. You have to be in the right state of mind to manifest anything or practice the Law of Attraction.
I'm exausted. I'm tired of the mind games.

top topics

join