It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are The Brits So Dumb?? Video Evidence

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Guys, guys, guys!

Can't you see that Jimbo put this thread together just to get xtra points!

The ironic thing about this whole argument is that Jimbo is in fact from England, is in the military, and is one of the troops covered in mud in the video!

Jimbo, I must congratulate you on a campaign well executed.

How is sunny London by the way?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

And?

That doesn't mean the discussion is void, unless of course you want to infringe on free-speech?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The discussion?
i see no discussion here, all i see is a lot of posts filled with garbage just to get a rise out of a few people

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OK Jimbo999......What your utter ignorance seems to blind you from is that we are all individuals and should be seen as such.....

This said, let's continue...

Originally posted by jimbo999
I know our reident Brits will fume and throth at the mouth with this one

You can't spell, if you're going to start a thread and go on to tell us all that you speak from your experiences of visiting "many, many" times and for reasonable periods of time etc, you should have studied the language better. Am I to presume "English" is not your native tounge?

Ever lived OUTSIDE the UK for MORE than 6 months??

If you can't answer this in the affirmative, then there is no way I can get you to understand what I'm saying.

That'll be because your talking B****ks

Hmmm... another ignorant Brit hits the wall with comments that
are absolutely innefective.

I have to agree with you on that one...your inability to absorb, interpret and respond intelligently to any opinions that don't fit your insular perspective are why you cannot accept anything but the truth of your tiny little fantasy world, a seemingly very unhappy one.

I have been to the UK many, many times

You obviously didn't stay long, didn't you make any friends. Or were you repeatedly kicked out and that's why you have a real "beef"? (definately NOT roasted and WITHOUT yorkshire puds
)

Originally posted by jimbo999.....in reply to "Knights"

Well, to me - that just shows me how truly British you are! I understand patriotism - but I also understand ignorance too.

And you presume, even though he never admitted any nationality. Are you sure you understand what ignorance really means?

For all you hate the Americans and the 'Europeans' (you ARE europeans, by the way) your isolation from other cultures ahs made you all somewhat arrogant and deluded. Victoria died a long time ago - but the Brits still actually belive they are some sort of superior race. And yet, as can be seen from these videos - or any long stay IN the country - the level of education., sophistication, global awareness, or general advancement of eco-social responsiblity it's pretty well non-existance by most western standards.

Quite simply....

Like I said:

Don't get cocky buddy.

I can't see what the relevence of YOU either

But I ain't going on about it.

"don't get cocky" eh, your thread in the first place seems "cocky"!
pot + kettle + black = hippocrite

Originally posted by jimbo999...in response to "Phoenix"...
that's not too smart to be so aggressive in a conversation.

You'd have to shout VERY loud to have a conversation here jimbo....here, we "discuss". Conversations are spoken.

I know just as much about the UK as you - nearly.

Actually...you know NOTHING about ANYTHING. You just think you do. (but of course, you knew that didn't you!)

I've been al over this planet too, by the way...east, west, north & south.

Maybe it's time you came ashore and spent some of it on dry land where the people live. You know, all that swimming must make your arms ache!

How do you KNOW where I was born or raised?

Well, can't we just presume like you do for others here?

I could go on for ages....

Jimbo, you are a complete *SNIP,SNIP,SNIP*...and obviously don't realise that MOST, if not all of what you've said here does nothing but put a hypothetical bag over your head.

I will also add to your darkness.....

welcome to my ignore list

I now leave you to your ignorance and to compose another one of your "oh so intelligent" replies. YOU PLONKER!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dar Kuma

Granted, there are more than a few.

I don't see why everyone has to be so negative about it though - i mean, it would be perfectly simple to revive the thread and give it some meaning.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think jimbo is scottish.. sorry if im wrong haha.. but some of the words hes using are very scottish... not to mention some scottish people hate english people (not me :]) and he has mentioned that he thinks english people are dumb.. if he's scottish i give you permission to start ripping my own country apart haha.. i do it myself anyway hahaha

first post btw.. sorry if i break any rules.. i think i havn't? lol

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That's how low it goes. Sad indeed to see ATS taken there. And you can't even blame it on the influx of 'the masses', the author of the OP isn't exactly a new member, so I guess it's in competition with the yellow press it is allowed to stay open. Nothing draws views like unfounded offences. Some folks get their kicks only that way.

You talk about (the Brits,I guess) "belive they are some sort of superior race." Such an ignorant statement can only come from one who has NO IDEA WHATSOEVER about the country he/she lives in, a true sheeple IOW.

Let me just give you a neocon quote from a founding member of PNAC.
"Every ten years or so America needs to take some louzy little country and bang it against the wall just to show it means business"

Superiority, uhm? *cough* Not even Tony Blair has been able to lie 935 times ...about Iraq only.

When you go on to talk about "education., sophistication, global awareness, or general advancement of eco-social responsiblity" it became clear to me, you are not "a real American", and when you mentioned not having time to correct "typos" because you're not "having all day to p*ss about" because you "have to work for a living too," it dawned on me what you could be.

As we still need to see the superiorty by which you master the English language, it has occured to me --of course asserted by your reluctance to state who you really are-- someone travelling THAT much cannot really be American. I mean ordinary US citizen don't come to travel abroad very much. Could you be an... no I won't add anything to the flaming here, only allow me to express my concerns for you being so eager for attention that you willingly sacrifice not only your hard-earned points but your reputation as well pursueing that agenda. Pity you.

For a close, pardon me for not resisting to address (about educational standards), again in the UK I suppose, "it's pretty well non-existance by most western standards," I have to remind you the only places on earth where fundamentalism is taught in schools as part of an official state-sponsored curiculum is in the Arab World ...and in the U.S. of A.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

And?

That doesn't mean the discussion is void, unless of course you want to infringe on free-speech?

Hi AT (can I call you that?)

I wasn't suggesting that the conversation stopped at all or that the conversation is void ...

In fact I have been enjoying the responses to Jimbo's original post by other ATS members ... I find it heartening that (unless I missed it) no other members have taken his side of the debate.

In an indirect way, I was telling all those involved in this debate that I feel that Jimbo is "taking the piss" ... to use an appropriate cultural colloquialism.

I am also hoping that Jimbo responds to my remarks ... so we can find out a little more about him and his claimed experience in cultural sciences ... it's a morbid curiosity now ... like having a scab you can't stop picking.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

You can call me whatever you want, so long as you're prepared for when i tell you i've taken offense by it if it's overly Chauvinistic or based on an assumption someone has told you about me (i get this a lot, i think i pissed off some people who don't like admitting they're pissed off, but i can't be too sure on that).

As for your point, i think a lot of users are actually aware of jumbo's lack of discretion, and are infact just helping one another put holes in his story.

It's like training to be able to dissect a series of supposed facts, so long as the people posting are aware of the conglomeration of ability.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Interesting tid-bit from the man purporting to be "smarter" than the Brits...

throth at the mouth

Can anyone help me find "THROTH" in the dictionary?

As jimbo is reportedly smarter than an entire country, I must be over looking it....

Do they have spell check in England?

Semper

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

As for your point, i think a lot of users are actually aware of jumbo's lack of discretion, and are infact just helping one another put holes in his story.

Good!! ... It does seem that Jimbo's case is looking more and more like Swiss cheese with every new reply (no offence to the Swiss).

Jimbo - For the integrity of ATS, I hope that you can come back to this debate with a reasoned, informed and educational argument. Otherwise you do risk an all out rout on this one.

Have fun everyone

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

One Irish lad to another

IrisH American - nah...not at all.....think I'm an Idjiit?

Peace,

J.

Crap can't believe I missed that post, Ok were on the same side then. You've got to like the IrishAmericans they make the Anglo-Irish look well sophisticated LOL!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Is that Sid Vicious in your avatar Jim?

Wait...my irony sense is tingling......

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Man I'm pretty sure the OP hanged around with the wrong people, and went to the wrong places.

If you have good people to hang around with and go to the good places, you can make ANY country nice! Well almost any.

From the sounds of it, I'm pretty sure you haven't travelled much, or you would have at least seen some good places in the uk to hang around. Actually I could tell you every 5 miles is TOTALLY different, different people, different atmosphere, different buildings. This is how I know you talk BS, if you were talking about a little town, I might believe you, but your talking about a whole country! that is different every few miles you travel!!!

Now I would understand a few problems with few types of people, goverment, and prices etc, but that is not your orignal topic, your saying the whole country is dumb! and now you deny it, but now you say the whole country is a place to leave! Then I say you truly haven't travelled much of the country.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Brits are dumb? Sure some are, doesn't mean we all are. We used to run the world before you remember... ;P

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Brits are one of the dumbest nations in the world. Without the Elite Lobbyists ruling this country you all little people would be doomed, and all the greatness in "Great Britain" you owe to the old Kings and the modern Lobbyists (particularly Henry the VIII, Elizabeth I of England, Queen Victoria, Bell Pottinger Group the RBS Group and couple of others). There is nothing great in "Great Britain" these days beside a great history, but as any empire your're falling and will fall (nothing you can do to stop it, what goes up must go down). Your downfall is happening right now, it will just take a little more time to complete
Other than that I feel sorry for you guys because India and China hates you for all the exploitation you did to them along the years of your conquest, so good luck because they will fcuk you up for this (literary). Majority of your nation feel superior to other nations, you're prudent, impatient, arrogant bunch of consumers and you all deserve a slap. You think you are in a position to educate other nations about how they should live and how things should be done (little bit like U.S.A.), well guess what you're not. First figure out how to get a proper dental care in your country, get a mixed tap over your sinks and install a shower in every bathroom than how to install a socket in a bathroom, built higher attics so you can use them as living space, than you should figure out how to build straight streets and straight houses not these hobbition sardine cans you live in. Uhhhh Ohhh guess what, yes your architecture is not that great it's actually... how would you say that "s.h.i.t.e". Figure out many, many, many other things that continental Europe solved ages ago, before you go out and educate the world. Dumb individualists, where each one of you with your individuality is worth less than a broken penny. You exploited other nations and you continue to do so, but guess what China is coming to get you for the Opium Wars, so good luck with that. The only great thing in Great Britain is that you are great exploiters and always were, but other nations learned your true nature so it won't work anymore unless you come up with something new which I doubt.

P.S. You don't know how to cook, you don't know how to behave yourself when you're abroad, majority of your population finishes education at the age of 14-16, you have 70% of mothers growing up their children without a father (bastards), you have about 70% divorce rate, you get drunk like pigs every weekend, you have no moral values, you have amazingly high crime rate (specialty stabbings), you have no religion (protestant don't make ma laugh)..... bla bla bla I could go forever.
edit on 10-5-2012 by FGM666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Man I'm pretty sure the OP hanged around with the wrong people, and went to the wrong places.

If you have good people to hang around with and go to the good places, you can make ANY country nice! Well almost any.

From the sounds of it, I'm pretty sure you haven't travelled much, or you would have at least seen some good places in the uk to hang around. Actually I could tell you every 5 miles is TOTALLY different, different people, different atmosphere, different buildings. This is how I know you talk BS, if you were talking about a little town, I might believe you, but your talking about a whole country! that is different every few miles you travel!!!

Now I would understand a few problems with few types of people, goverment, and prices etc, but that is not your orignal topic, your saying the whole country is dumb! and now you deny it, but now you say the whole country is a place to leave! Then I say you truly haven't travelled much of the country.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

I traveled the whole Great Britain it's the same everywhere no difference same architecture same BS same idiots everywhere, hanging around like a spot on the ass of Europe. Until China will squeeze you out. That's what is the biggest problem with you Brits you think you'r so individual each one of you. Guess what, you're not. Most of you are a copy of a copy of a copy you are so stereotypical that it makes me throw up.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FGM666

Awwww, lol, spat your dummy out of the pram have you? Your ignorance shines brightly from you and you wear it loud and proud. You can't even see how idiotic your post is can you? You are laughable and extemely narrow minded. Live on in ignorance, live on in that tiny little world you exist in, imbecile.

I'd say the problem is that you're jealous of our unique culture and heritage, obviously you won't admit it but you are.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FGM666

Brits are one of the dumbest nations in the world

Ooops, I missed the irony in that line but here I am to expose it.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

The UK is full of retards. You are correct. The only country in the world that I have found that is worse is the US. I will tell you why. The UK sent all the criminally retarded over there a hundred years ago or so. This messed up the gene pool. Have you ever wondered why there are so many stupid people in the US.......

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join