It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOD Cop / BAD Cop Personal Stories - SOUND OFF

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
maybe not so much good cop as funny.

growing up, we always had a doberman as a family dog. great dogs, especially for kids, trust me.

so anyway, the dog got out of the yard into the alley, a place we never really took him fo ra walk, and he got to the end of the block and realized, he has no idea where he is, so he wanders around a bit. So, cop pulls up and sees the dog, and he sees the tags and is about to get out of the car to see if h can take a look. dog's tail is wagging and he trots right up and sits. cop is like ooooook, so hes caling in the numbers on teh tags when the guy from down the way is walking his dog and is like 'oh i know that dog, he lives right down the street.

so we get a knock on the back door with a rather bemused cop asking You got a doberman? we're like yeah, we just started looking for him he got out somehow. He laughed and said yeah, wanna get him out of the back of my squad. I opened the thing up trying to get him in there and he ploped right in and now he thinks hes going for a ride so now he wont get out.

dog was adamant, hes not getting out. Finally, we had the cop pull around front, opened our van and said "hey stupid, wrong car!" dog perked up, looked around sheepishly, and ploped into the van, sitting on one of the seats and already nosing the sliding window open. The cop was laughing so hard he said "I'm sorry, I can't even write a warning ticket for that". wished us a good day and left.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
About 18 months ago my neighbors house burned. I live in a quiet middle-class suburban development. My lot is typical of most – 100 feet wide, 275 feet deep. My house, which is 45 feet wide, is in the middle of the property (side-to-side), and is set back 50 feet from the street. The night of the fire a couple of friends and I were standing near my front door watching the events unfold. The fire chief (local volunteer) was parked on my front lawn. There were 30-40 bystanders standing on my front lawn, and more on my rear lawn.

After we stood there for maybe 30 minutes, a fire policemen (local volunteer) came through my front lawn and told everyone to move onto the property on the opposite side of my property from the burning house. I informed him that I was on my own property. His said “I don’t care”. I asked him how he could tell me to get off my own property. He repeated that he didn’t care whose property it was, that I had to move. I was aware that the fire police were doing nothing to control the crowds in the back yards, nor were they securing my house and property. So I asked him if he was formally ordering me to evacuate my property. He said “No”. So I told him I would go inside my house, but I would not get off the property. He just walked away.

I went inside my house and about 20 minutes later, becoming alarmed at the number of bystanders in my rear lawn, and now even standing on my back porch, I went out on my back porch. Maybe 30 minutes later, a State Police officer shows up. He demands to know who the property owner is, and then orders me to follow him around to the side of my house away from other people, and ironically substantially closer to the fire. He sticks his nose right in my face and screams “why are you interfering with the fire fighters?”. I started to explain what happened to him, and he screamed “I don’t want to hear anything you have to say”. This started an exchange of him screaming at me and me trying to talk to him, only to have him scream more. Many other people heard this whole exchange and agreed that this officer was completely out of control. So here I am confronted with an enraged, gun-toting police officer. I was scared to death. Eventually, he orders me to follow him to his patrol car, telling me he’s going to arrest me for disorderly conduct. I was stunned. As we’re walking to his car (side-by-side, conversing), I asked him how, in any way, I was being disorderly. He said “you’re being disorderly right now”. I asked how? He said “because you won’t shut up”. All I ever did is talk to this man in a conversational tone. We get to his car, he takes down my identifying information, and – amazingly – tells me to go back to my house. He never tried to find out what happened, never talked to the firemen, never asked me questions for which he actually wanted answers, and never indicated what exactly I was doing that was causing a problem.

A month later, I receive a summons in the mail charging me with disorderly conduct. The fire policeman has pressed charges. It cost me $1,000 in legal fees (I wasn’t going to let them get away with this). On the stand, the fire policemen admitted I was not interfering with the firemen or their equipment, that my property was not part of the “incident site”, and that I had done nothing “disorderly”. The state police trooper lied brazenly to make it sound like I was out of control, and even while I was giving my testimony he kept shouting out that what I said wasn’t true and a couple of times called me a liar.

The judge didn’t even want to hear my witnesses. He found me “not guilty”, saying that the fire policemen had no right to order me off my own property.

The state police officer walked up to me after the judgment, put his hand out to shake mine, and said “don’t take it personally” with a smile on his face. Before I could answer him, my attorney pulled me out the door.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueStar

You ran into a typical immature and emotionally challenged pig who knows nothing about the law and only wants to abuse the people. Scum pigs like that should be taken out and horsewhipped. I believe that the people need a masked and anonymous force of people to kidnap and teach lesons to pigs. Just imagine some cop being tied to a chair and judged by the peoples court for offenses against us. Imagine after being released he returns to his cronies with tales of being reeducated by the people who he was harrassing before.

If such a force was able to travel nationwide and take these scummy killer cops off the streets and convince them to change jobs, that would be a great thing for America.Let them experience some screaming in THEIR faces and abuse from us and not them for a change!! Just thinkl of how the sissies would wet their panties when they found out that they didn't have a dozen others there to bully people...sweet dreams!!

But realistically, all we can do is SUE the scum in Federal court every time they cross the line. Drah the filth to court and expose their treachery and abuse and harrass them....anmd make sure that everyone knows where they live as well. If we made some cop's flee and move and stay on the run they would be less inclined to spend time vioting the laws.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I can pretty much sum up my version,growing up most of family was in law enforcement,so my take of it was a good cop was one that let you go,the bad cop was the ones that arrested me

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Good Cop

I have way to many 'Bad Cop Stories' so I thought I would tell one of my few good cop stories.

I was driving down a local expressway patroled by the Illinois State Police. It is a slower expressway (45 m.p.h.) and I was doing about 65 m.p.h. Now this was a couple years ago and I wasn't what you would call a the best driver. I was a bit of a lead foot, but I was always cautious and never recieved a ticket for a moving violation before.

So there I was driving 65 in a 45 and sure enough there was a State Trooper hiding under an over-pass. So he pulls me over and right away I noticed he was being overly friendly with me, and almost seemed remorsefull for pulling me over. After about a half hour of waiting in my car, he comes back to inform me that he has to write me a ticket and kept my driver's license.

He also told me that he would be on vacation the day I was scheduled for court. He said to plead not guilty, and it may be dropped, but he was'nt sure. I also did not have proof of insurance, and I got a ticket for that as well, but I really was insured.

So I go to court with a letter from my insurance agent, stating I was insured at the time, but I did not have my insurance card with me.

Anyways I plead not guilty and they said the officer was absent. They checked my driving record to show that I did not have any prior driving offenses, and they threw it out of court, but I was convicted of no insurance, even though I was insured at the time. How ironic is that, I get off on something I was guilty for, but convicted of something I was'nt. Thats the American Justice System though, all backwards.

So I thank this trooper for the very awesome thing he did for me, and I think he would be glad to know that I am no longer a lead foot, and have not gotten a driving ticket in many years. Bad cop or good cop, I like to stay away from them all.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good Cop

Driving 95 mph in a 70 zone. I flew by the state trooper that was on the other side of the over pass. I knew he was going to come after me and I pulled over faster than he could even get off the grass. He just used the shoulder of the highway. He comes up to my window laughing and told me that's the fast he's ever seen someone pull over. He asked me where I was headed and he said to slow down. He let me go. The key is to make them laugh. I've gotten out of a couple of speeding tickets that way. Make them laugh.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Recently, I have had dozens of police experiences due to my hobby. I'm a geocacher (www.geocaching.com...). Most of them are quite pleasant. They ask me what I'm doing, I tell them and explain what geocaching is and they send me on my way with a smile. However, I had one recently that was a little odd.

Another geocacher and I were out pretty late, it was around 1am. This particular cache was a quick one that was placed near a USGS survey benchmark on a bridge. While we were searching, a female officer pulled up and put us in the spotlight. I hopped the guardrail and approached her car to chat. The conversation went like this:

Me: Good evening.

Officer: Can you explain to me what the heck you guys are doing on the side of the road at one in the morning with flashlights on your heads?

Me: We're geocaching!

Officer: Geo what?

Me: Geocaching is a game we play with our GPS units *I hold up my GPS*. Other cachers hide containers and post the GPS coordinates online and we go find them!

Officer: OK. You do realize it's one in the morning, right?

Me: Yeah...

Officer: Well you can't do that at one in the morning.

Me: Um...*appearing genuinely confused I think* Is there some kind of law that says I can't be out geocaching at one in the morning?

Officer: Let me see your IDs.

From this point, she ran our IDs and her entire attitude changed. She was friendly from then on. I can only assume that she realized that I wasn't going to let her tell me, a 32 year old man, that I couldn't be out doing whatever the heck I want at 1am as long as it's legal. It did make me wonder though how many people would have just said "OK" and hightailed it home because this officer imposed some kind of imaginary curfew on them.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

That female piggie was just bluffing and trying to get you to bow down and genuflect and scrape and kowtow to her to satisfy her ego. Most people will say " Oh, I am so sorry for doing my sport at night...what was I thinking? I mean, people are not supposed to be out after dark, are they?" Cowards...sickening. you did the right thing and took no crap.

She is a fool and right away tried intimdation to see if you would obey instantly no matter that the law is on your side...cop's today don't give a damn about the law, except as a bludgenon to hammer us with if they don't like our ' attitude ' which means if we exercise our rights at all!!

We should always back every cop down when we can and let them know that we will tolerate no monkey business with our rights and that we expect respect and humility from them; they are our servants and should humbly act as such.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The routine doesn't work because you are confusing the victim more than you are getting answers out of him!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So here is another bad cop story.

Last year I lent my car to some friends to take to the store, along the way they decide that it would be great fun to go racing another vehicle.. A police officer apparently notices them and follows them, but my friends are able to get away without being pulled over. However not before the police officer could run the plates and get my info apparently and finding that I have a revoked license.

Roughly about 1 week later I lend my car to my mother for whatever reason it was. Along her journey a police officer stops her, she asks what she is being pulled over for, he doesn't give her any reason and just continued on asking if my brother, who was with her at the time, was me. My mother says no and I am sure my brother as well, and he lets them go about their merry way.

About 2 weeks after that my father is driving my car....... This time though the officer says the tail light is out...... Father comes home lets me know what happened and says he checked the lights and they are working so.....

About a week after that, finally, I am driving my car along with some friends. I am sitting at the corner of the road I am turning off of facing north turning east. I notice a police vehicle stopped to the west of me turning south onto the road I am turning off of. As soon as this cop sees my car (which was a sore thumb) he flips on them cherries and berries and whips around to pull me over. I pull into a restaurant lot that was right there on the corner. I ask Immediately what he pulled me over for, cop says taillight. I say BS, he then proceeds to show me that indeed the taillight is out. Another officer has shown up to the big crime scene by now and they do their cop thing. So right before they let me walk my happy arse back to where I was, the cop that pulled me over pulls me out to the back end of my car and tells me the real reason he pulled me over was because he assumed that the person driving the car (me) was the person who owned the car and had no license. How fortunate for him that 3rd time is the charm eh?

And thats not the end of it. Later on thinking about the whole ordeal I realize that this cop couldn't even see my taillight from the position he was in when he initiated the stop. And my friend who was sitting in the back seat overheard this little conversation we had.

fortunately I did not allow this lieing punk to get away with this and I got the case dropped.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
unfort, I dont have any good cop stories, although I wish I did. I was always taught that calling the police brings more trouble, and it costs money.

My encounters with police:
First:

age 5

My closest to a "good cop" story: I have to give a break to lots of cops out there, because I started off with them on the wrong foot. Out of boredom one day, I came home and declared that some lady tried to pick me up in a "rusty car with bad words spray painted all over it." (The only image I could muster up to reflect what my impressions were of a would-be-kidnapper at age 5). The police came and I went riding around with a detective for about 2 hours, pointed some people out, watched the cop go ask them questions and etc. - and then I just kept giving more and more detailed descriptions of the car. I'm pretty sure he either knew I was lying, or that I was just really confused, but to this day - I think him and I are the only ones that know it was all fabricated. So that's the closest I have to a "good cop" story, in that I really wasted lots of his time, and I didn't get in trouble, or get anyone else in trouble. Now on to the real stories.

age 13:

On a SATURDAY afternoon, me and a friend make a fake ransom letter out of a sears catalog to make fun of this kid in the neighborhood with an abnormally large cranium (Kids are cruel, I've gotten over it). We basically make a letter that says "Melon Head" and then has a black&decker screwdriver to his head, saying "Screw so-and-so."

That week, during school, we are called to the office and threatened by a deputy with all sorts of charges and school-related punishments because of this event that took place over a weekend, that had nothing to do with school. Even at this age, I INSTANTLY recognized it as the deputy obviously overreaching her boundaries to flex power. It was all downhill from here. perhaps a poor example, but I promise the next will provide the best insight into my personal experiences:

age 15:

I am in a middle-class neighborhood at about 5pm. We are skateboarding in the park, and in front of my friends' house (which is right next to the park). A police officer drives by, and my friend (14 at the time) yells at him (something like "piggy/bacon/oink/etc") and gives him the finger. 10 minutes later, cop returns with backup - and gets out of the car to start egging my friend on, in a manner that I have only recently linked to the same type of behavior as the Scientologists in the many vidoes posted online. Basically saying things like "what are your crimes? Are you still beating your mother?" etc. Started to really drill on my friend about how he beats his mom up, and he's a horrible child (of course, none of this is true).

Mind you, this is a grown man instigating an altercation with a 14 year old. Well, my friend spits at him, and takes off running, only to be caught about 50 yards away, in the community park - out in the open.. the cop proceeds to unholster his weapon and put the gun to my friends head, who is know under the knees of this police officer.

So quick recap: 14 yr old flicks off cop, cop returns - verbally harasses 14 year old, and then tackles and puts a (loaded?) gun to his head. 14 years old.

Age 15-17

more stories in this timeframe than I care to revisit, but I would like to mention that every single confrontation I had with police during the rest of highschool years always ended in their lies, manipulation and etc. For example, threatening my friends and I with all types of charges, detaining all of us in a public park and taking our pictures, writing down name brands of clothing we were wearing, trying to start physical altercations, etc.

Cops would see my friends, and go out of their way to stop and tell them they were on the wrong side of town, and to "go back where you belong with the rest of the scum," etc. Please keep in mind this is still all before I was even a legal adult.

My final experience with a police officer was actually pretty good, although I was extremely compliant. I had gotten arrested for petty theft, and when caught I gave bogus info to the store security guards for about 2 hours before the police came. When the cop came, he asked "who is Burt Ergerking?" I let him know that was a fake name, and when the security guard exploded because he just wasted 2 hours and had to stay late, the cop had a great chuckle, and told me in the car it was the funniest thing he has seen in a while.

So ya, while none of my experiences are extreme, or even meaningful - they all have shaped the way I see authority today, in all venues - not just law enforcement. In fact, I am friends with more than a few officers now... although I know them as friends, not as cops.

I totally respect and acknowledge that police are here to protect people and solve problems.. I just wish that my own experiences weren't completely tainted with manipulation, lies and pugilism... although having been through the military myself, and just living in the world, I realize that is how it works.

p.s. this is probably the longest post I've ever written that didnt get lost somehow by hitting "back" by accident. Im going to celebrate.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by scientist]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Cops are just like regular people only they have guns, badges, handcuffs, tasers, pepper-spray and the authority to use it against ya! But, in all reality they really are like anyone else in the sense that they have good days and bad days. Point is, guy working at 7-11 having a bad day when you interact with him isn't really gonna affect you in a negative way. The cop on the other hand is quite a different story.

Most the people posting on this board don't have any idea of all the bad, bad, really bad people cops have to deal with on a daily basis. It's bound to have an effect on them after a while. 2 of my best friends are cops. One is a seargent on a swat team strike force and the other a seargent in another very large local city here in southern california. I have been on many ride alongs with both and have seen stuff that blows my mind. People in my city doing the most horrible things imagineable.

I always thought cops were jerks when I was pulled over and hassled before I became friends with these guys. After my experiences with them going out in the world they see every night it totally changed my perspective. Just regular guys. Most are really cool dudes trying to make a difference and make it thru another very scary night.

But, they do have the bad apples as well. Ha!! those are the ones whom you keep quiet and do what they say unless you really want a war you CAN NOT win..

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I worked full time in le for awhile, and now still serve on a reserve basis. so I have some good ones.

BAD COP- Kicked the mirror off a suspected drug dealers car late at night, then pulled him over in the am. The suspect was a PERFECT driver, and they could never get him for a violation.

GOOD COP- DEA had been watching the dealers house at the time, and made sure the bad cop would be stuck in the jail doing intake for a loooong time. Ended up getting the dealer legit a couple weeks later.

as a side note I have never given much credit to the "bad day" thing. If you cant dump your family life in the locker room, and the street on your way home......get a new job. As a Sgt I never cut my boys slack, and they never let me down.

here is another

GOOD COP......... I was driving 104 in my pickup down I-20. I was in Parker county and a trooper nailed me. He walked up to my window and I noticed that this guy is ready to 10-8 at any moment. Bags under the eyes and about 50 plus years old. He wrote me a ticket for 80 and let me go. He did not ask if I was on the job, he was just giving a guy a break. a old cop is usually a good cop

[edit on 13-5-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

[edit on 13-5-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
.All police officers who violate their oath or out constitution should be punished immediately. No exceptions, no whining, no "ratemycop" just the most efficient/just punishment possible. . Make it into law please, and you'll get my vote.

This will serve as an example to all the crooked cops that we now have.

The power we give these people is ridiculous and when they abuse it, they should face a punishment that assures that they will never abuse anyone again.

Got a problem with the new policy, just don't enlist in the police "forces"

There will be plenty of positions for good honest cops, once such a policy is instituted.

I am sick of treating victims of police abuse, I remove on average, 3 sets of taser prongs every months... for the past four goddamn years. Not to mention the cases of hemorrhaging I encounter when "the force" brings in one of their victims to be treated before 'processing"

I would like to note that police officers are placing a major strain on the health care system be abusing so many of their charges. I am obligated to treat their victims upon arrival, giving them priority over patients already waiting.... It breaks my heart.

It breaks my heart when I am called to testify in Police abuse case that I was involved in, and I do it more and more often as of late. It has gotten to the point where I give my interns permission to stop working and act as a witness whenever the "force' brings in another lump of battered and broken human life. I have face harassment for this. Police harassment. Criminal Police Harassment for helping PEOPLE! MY JOB IS TO HELP PEOPLE!

They say not all cops are bad, and I believe them. I know the good ones.
Who do you think stopped the police harassment? Good Cops did...

But chances are you'll never meet one just walking down the street, as a good cop will not stop you for just walking down the street.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I have heard this thrice:

"We have concluded that the officer(s) reacted accordingly to the perceived threat posed by the deceased. Furthermore, although Mr Doe has been found to be a person other than that identified by the arrest warrant/not been charged with any crime and we feel that it would be unjust to punish our Dedicated Law enforcement Officials for following standard operating procedure in response to the perceived threat posed by Mr. Doe."

I have heard this "excuse" to cover up three D.O.A at my hospital.
It is a common one and extremely frightening as there is no oversight, and documentation is always minimal/biased in these internally-conducted investigations.

The point is that Justice is absent in the majority of these incidents... not cases, incidents. It is as though "Law Enforcers" are held to a much lower Standard of justice than the plebeians who are subjects to their varied interpretations of the law.

That said...

I have confirmed and documented the time of death in two of these cases ( or should I say 'incidents?') and witnessed confirmation on the other. Both cases were innocent victims of "The Force." No officers were punished in any of the incidents. Investigations were internally done as per usual.

God, help us all.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazi176

Iwould have to disagree with this being a good cop story.getting away with intentionaly speeding is not a good thing except for you.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ethann

BAD COP

My mom had been living with my brother in the same house, both of them on the lease for about two years. My brother has a drug problem and started taking the rent payments and using it for drugs instead of paying rent, etc. all the while telling everyone he was "being responsible and paying the bills". We also found out he had been using mom's credit cards and had several thousand dollars charged. Meanwhile he brings a girlfriend into the house who was not on the lease. Things quickly escalated and we had to move mom into a low income apartment, we found out that things were not being paid when mom was served with court papers.

I was helping mom move her things from the house to her apartment, as I knew my brother had just brought a girlfriend into the picture within the past month I called out several times when I went into the house with mom to pack up some more of her items. No one answered my calls so I assumed that no one was home, it was around noonish and the house was dark. I went in and bent under the desk to start unhooking her phone and computer, while on my knees partway under the desk someone hits me in the back with a chair. As I have back issues already this caused me intense pain. (I ended up having to go to the doctor and physical therapy with intense contusions all along my back where I was hit with the chair) I look up and it is my brothers new girlfriend screaming at me and threating me at this point, she also started threatening my mom who is a disable senior citizen.

I immediately grab my cellphone and call the police, I was crying (pain, barely able to move) and upset trying to explain the situation to the dispatcher, immediately I felt that this person was upset at having to send a police car as she kept asking me "are you sure you need the police for this?" I said yes, this woman just attacked me in my mom's house and she is threateing my mom and I.

When the police show up I am outside waiting for them, my brothers girlfriend ran off to another part of the property where my second brother was at, whining and crying to him, my mom was standing on the porch. The police immediately began treating me as if I was the criminal, telling me to "calm down" and to "not be beligerant", uhm, I was crying, shaking and trying to explain what happened, I showed them my back which was already swelling and bruising. They wanted my name, dob, drivers license, vehicle insurance, my phone number and address. They never went to ask my mom if she was ok, they never asked me if I was ok, but they went over to my attacker and gently asked her if she was ok and if I had done anything to her. It was an accident she kept saying to them, she "tripped" and "pushed" the chair into me. When in reality she picked up the chair and hit me with it, she was still holding it over me when I looked up to see who had hit me.

I was told by the police that I and my mom had to leave the property. Even though it was my moms house, we had to leave as they playcated the woman who had attacked me and threatened my mom in my moms house. They never asked her name (I could hear their conversation from where I was stading), they never asked for her drivers license, dob, insurance, phone number or anything.

Later that evening I get my cellphone back from my mom, who I had loaned it to until she had her phone hooked up in her apartment. My brother had left multiple messages for me threatening me previous to this incident. I wish I knew this at the time the police came, but I have a feeling that it would have done no good.

I was attacked in my moms house, and was then treated as if I was the criminal, the woman who attacked me was gently talked to and asked if she was "ok" and if I had done anything to her. Anyone have any thoughts as to this situation? Why was I treated as the criminal?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I would guess you were being treated different because the attacker was a girl and you are a guy?It seems to be normal from what i have seen for cops to judge based on looks,like they did when the reckless old lady ran into me.I was dirty and sweaty from busting my ass all day and she looked like a typical grandma or a little old lady that may be on her way to church.In their eyes she probably looked sweet and innocent and i looked like a thug.I had a neighbor assaulted once and there was nothing in the police report about that,because the stupid cop decided we(the witnesses )were simply siding with the neighbor,that i did not even like. It cost 25 dollars to get my statement notarized that should have been in the police report in the first place.The neighbor kept some property of the assaulter and he attacked her to get it.I heard the conversation and he admitted that he told her she could keep the property until he paid her for damage done to her car while working for him.He may have had a legal right to the property,but that is not what this is about.The woman was attacked and the police report made it just about the issue of his property and not the attack.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

This is my posting....about moving my mom and being attacked by my brothers girlfriend in my moms house. I am a woman, just as the person attacking me. So, the situation had nothing to do with a man being attacked by a woman. I am a woman attacked by a woman.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Theres a funny trend here,
Almost everyone with a bad cop history has had multiple run ins OR was actually violating the law. Not all, but most.

Cops are extremely disrespected. What people don't understand, is that cops aren't supposed to be friendly to the violators they come into contact with. 53 officers were killed last year in the line of duty, all by firearms with the exception of 2 that were killed with vehicles. Its an extremely stressful job.

A couple weeks ago, I decided I myself would be achieving the goal of becoming an cop. When I broke the news to some family members and friends, they literally lost respect for me just because they hate cops. Pretty sad since a lot of guys do it from the heart to help the community.

Laws are there for a reason, all because you don't agree with them, doesn't mean they are waived. You know they exist, so don't bitch and moan when your punished for breaking them. People hate cops because they aren't willing to be responsible for their actions.

Yes, theres a portion of cops out there that are genuine jerks. I've run into them myself a couple times. But my experiences in 3 states and several counties, leaves me with the general consensus that 90% of cops are good guys caught up with the bad images portrayed on them by other officers who stepped over the line.

Another point,
Most cops are educated men that have been through 4 years of college. Most departments minimum requirements is an associates degree. It varies around the country , but 60 college credits is the norm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join